Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Iwata cannot speak english (Nintendo Direct 2015)

Avellion

Erudite
A 40 minute presentation

A tl;dw of the presentation

• New Fire Emblem, advertising Choices and Consequences.
  • Puzzle and Dragons localized, with a free mario spinoff included
  • Candy Crush: Pokemon Edition (Pokemon: SHuffle)
  • Infrastructure improvemetns to the Wii U, also several Wii games are now being put on the Wii U eshop, including Super Mario Galaxy 2, and the Metroid Prime Trilogy.
  • Some Amiibo and Mario Party shit
  • Some 4 player co-op treasure hunting game made my Namco for the Wii U
  • Dress up your Squid Loli with various pieces of clothing
  • Xenoblade X footage
  • Some Mario vs Donkey Kong. Nothing special here, outside of Nintendo finally starting to appriciate the user created content community and allowing users who buy one version also get the version for the other platform Wii U->3DS and vice versa
  • More info on the New 3DS, and repetition from what we heard before. Release date too. On friday the 13th next month
  • Project S.T.E.A.M. Uses action points, which is consumed by moving, shooting and performing other similar actions.
  • Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy+ footage
  • Monster Hunter, along with a monster hunter themed 3DS
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3D still looks underwhelming
  • Majora's Mask 3D footage, and a MM themed 3DS
  • Ironfall, a :popamole: headed towards the 3DS
  • A few indie games and a Kirby game were shown off too in the US version from what I hear.
286192-1.jpg

1409900362-monster-hunter-4-ultimate-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-front.jpg

Martius

Liturgist
I will tell after trying out demo. 3 played better for me on wii u, too bad capcom probably wont wii u version of 4.

Keldryn

Arcane
He's bringing the news | DIRECTRY | to you.

Lots of great stuff in this one.

New Fire Emblem was a surprise, and is a must-buy for me (loved FE: Awakening).

Wii games arriving on the Wii U eShop is also pretty great. They're priced at $19.99, but for each title's first week of release, they are selling for $9.99. I don't have any of the three announced titles, so I'll grab SMG2 this week. Metroid Prime Trilogy for $10 is a steal, especially considering how much it costs on the secondary market. I have the original MP on Gamecube, and MP3 on Wii, but it will be nice to get the whole package. Also cool that these can be launched directly from the Wii U home screen, without having to boot into Wii Mode. Would be nice if they could make the games run in a higher resolution, but I'm not expecting that they will.

Splatoon still looks like a lot of fun. My daughter keeps asking me if I've bought it yet.

Xenoblade Chronicles X looks pretty great -- I missed out on the original game and I'm not willing to pay eBay prices for it. Nor am I willing to pay $200 for a New 3DS just to play it. Still not happy with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D being exclusive to the New 3DS. I'd accept a lower framerate and having to use the touch screen to move the camera.

Cross-buy on Mario vs. Donkey Kong is hopefully a sign of things to come.

Project S.T.E.A.M. looks like it might be good.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse has a pretty cool art style. Looks like a weird fit for the console, as it seems like you're mostly using the stylus and looking at the gamepad to play it, rather than the TV. Still, my kids might like it.

And, of course, Majora's Mask 3D. Really looking forward to this one, as I missed out on the first time around. I have the emulated version for the GameCube that came on that Nintendo Power collector's disc, but never got that far into it.

Definitely a heavier focus on 3DS than Wii U, but that's not surprising given the February launch of the New 3DS.

Avellion

Erudite
Anyone else hyped as fuck for MonHun 4?

Indeed, and after seeing that N3DS XL, I was almost tempted into buying one. Then I realized I have better things to spend my money on than an upgraded 3DS. Like fulfilling the patriotic duty of funding Shadowrun: Hong Kong. :salute:

Too lazy to watch. New FE is for 3DS I assume?

If so: :bounce:

Its for the 3DS.

From what I have seen, it seems to look like an improved awakening (already saw some minor improvements in the video). The tone is more serious this time around and there seems to be a heavier dose of politics compared to Awakening. Presentation too has seen some improvements with the battle animations taking place in the actual map rather than characters being teleported to an alternate dimension. Still no charm of the 2D fire emblems, but that alone should make it so that I don't disable combat animations after the prologue like I did in Awakening.

Keldryn

Arcane
Yes, it's for 3DS.

The elusive Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is the Wii U title, if it is still in the works.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will end up buying both Intelligent Systems games. Once S.T.E.A.M. is released, I thing they will be focusing on FE x SMT.

Avellion

Erudite
Pretty sure FE X SMT is dead.

I will probably buy S.T.E.A.M. But I will wait and see with the new Fire Emblem. It all depends on mission design and balance. I can tolerate waifus, if the gameplay is enjoyable.

deuxhero

Arcane
The setup for FE14 looks interesting at least, and the art is WAY better now that the artist knows he is drawing for Fire Emblem. Legionnaires vs. Ashigaru/Samurai is interesting both thematically and visually too.

But as said, stuff the trailer gives no indication of (level design, balance) is what really makes or breaks it.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

It's alive!!!

Today's Nintendo Direct featured the first trailer for the game. It's not an April Fools joke, either.

But it does look disappointing.

I can't understand what this even is. Where are the SMT or the Fire Emblem characters? Who the fuck are these people?

:abyssgazer:

You'd miss 'em if you blinked.

I definitely saw Tiki, at least. Can any local SMT-fags confirm for the monsters/demons? I'd only recognize the low level guys.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Looks like a game inspired by both universes instead of a crossover.

Viata

Arcane

It's alive!!!

Today's Nintendo Direct featured the first trailer for the game. It's not an April Fools joke, either.

But it does look disappointing.

I can't understand what this even is. Where are the SMT or the Fire Emblem characters? Who the fuck are these people?

:abyssgazer:
They made a game that combine both games, but have nothing of both games. It should have another name, but this way they get more sales.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can any local SMT-fags confirm for the monsters/demons? I'd only recognize the low level guys.

I don't recognise shit, captain.

Damn. So it really is just a regular JRPG with only nods to both franchises. What a load of shit. It's too bright to be a SMT game and I don't see any SRPG shit from Fire Emblem. The dungeons look pretty linear too, as far as I can tell. Man, who the hell is this for?
:baka:
Saps like me.:d1p:

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I will buy it like the sucker I am because I own a Wii U and the software library is... yeah, well you know.

This will be one of the few JRPGs on the console, I'm sure.

Also: excited for Fatal Frame V localization. :desu:

Amn Nom

Learned
I need to see more, but this snippet has me interested at the very least. Setting seems to be going for what Persona likes to do as a setup, normal world with alternate world. Really wish they would show more of the combat system. I was really hoping for something closer to Devil Survivor and not the usual SMT because I'm one of those assholes who likes the former much more then the latter.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Either this is some April fools joke that I'm not getting or now I'm left WISHING that the SMT x FE game was vaporware. With Atlus these days it seems like SMT is a loose term and could mean anything, because I'm not seeing the SMT. Or FE for that matter. What a waste of a concept lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom