Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Iwata cannot speak english (Nintendo Direct 2015)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fuck it

Avellion

Erudite
Surprised at the lack of an April Fools joke in this direct.

Oh wait... that SMT x FE thing being named SMT x FE is definately the april fools joke. It is sad to see Shin Megami Tensei's name being treated like this.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Either this is some April fools joke that I'm not getting or now I'm left WISHING that the SMT x FE game was vaporware. With Atlus these days it seems like SMT is a loose term and could mean anything, because I'm not seeing the SMT. Or FE for that matter. What a waste of a concept lol.
Really? It looks strikingly like a fusion of modern Shin Megami Tensei (mostly Persona) and modern Fire Emblem. They did a very good job with the artwork.

Now I'm curious to see how they will handle the combat system.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Either this is some April fools joke that I'm not getting or now I'm left WISHING that the SMT x FE game was vaporware. With Atlus these days it seems like SMT is a loose term and could mean anything, because I'm not seeing the SMT. Or FE for that matter. What a waste of a concept lol.
Really? It looks strikingly like a fusion of modern Shin Megami Tensei (mostly Persona) and modern Fire Emblem. They did a very good job with the artwork.

The problem being that mixing those two styles makes everything seem generic by anime/Japan standards. Which, in turn, is why I don't really like the look of modern Fire Emblem games (or really, Awakening. It's just Awakening).

It should also be stated that as a supposed crossover of both series, they should've taken all of the games into account instead of just the most recent games. Now it's more like Persona x Fire Emblem: Awakening, instead of SMT x Fire Emblem.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Now I'm curious to see how they will handle the combat system.

Persona is not modern SMT FFS. :rpgcodex: Besides when they did the reveal trailer ages ago for this game they advertised that it'd be a cross with mainline SMT (not Persona) and FE. See for yourself to refresh your memory. That was misleading as hell if THIS shit is the outcome. The artwork itself looks like FE:A with the weebshit taken to the extremes.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I'll just post this here.

Local SMT fags critically failed their lore check.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom