Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime J_C starts own Jewtube channel about gaming - now with broken english!

Kem0sabe

Arcane
LOL, I got a 30 day ban on the Escapist, just because I posted my latest video in their forum. Because that's advertising. What a piece of garbage, will never set my foot on that site again.

Having any traction with your videos in hungarian?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Man, J_C is sure trying hard at convincing everyone he's not Matt. Almost didn't recognize the voice in the video.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
LOL, I got a 30 day ban on the Escapist, just because I posted my latest video in their forum. Because that's advertising. What a piece of garbage, will never set my foot on that site again.

Having any traction with your videos in hungarian?
Well, the results are so far:
Star Citizen video: Hungarian 39 views, English: 221 Views
Metro Redux video: Hungarian: 32 views, English: 107 views.

So they are not doing as good as the english ones. Interestingly enough, the very first video about Valve taken to court, which was only produced in Hungarian has 208 views. Although it is on Youtube for the longest time. I'm considering on dropping the hungarian ones in the future, and just do them in english.

SniperHF

Arcane
Analytics>Traffic Sources>External Websites will show you the raw numbers.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Cool, thanks. So for the total 515 views for all my videos, 101 came from the Codex. The average view duration is 58 seconds. Shame on you Codex! :argh:

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Huh that's odd. When I posted there several people posted their videos there asking people to watch them.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
That's strange. Maybe one of the mods is a butthurt fuck who doesn't like the Metro videos.

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Cool, thanks. So for the total 515 views for all my videos, 101 came from the Codex. The average view duration is 58 seconds. Shame on you Codex! :argh:
:2/5:
your voice lacks hatred, bitterness and life disappointment

Cadmus

Arcane
serves you right
Im gonna watch some tonight to see if youre a faggot or a monocled gentleman

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
I resampled my voice, it is much louder now. Unfortunately this brought out some artifacts, which are the result of my shitty microphone, but overall this sounds much better IMO.

Not to shit on you J_C, but it is really hard to relate to a monotone voice lecturing at me "Buy de gaem, if you naer played it, pre-orter is bat in my opinion." Try to be more charismatic and more potent of a personality. Production quality is alright though, with the side by side comparison of the redux vs normal game.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
You are spot on, I speak too monotone, even in everyday conversations. That's unfortunate, I know, I will try to improve this.

Cadmus

Arcane
I resampled my voice, it is much louder now. Unfortunately this brought out some artifacts, which are the result of my shitty microphone, but overall this sounds much better IMO.

Dude this is horrible. I mean it in the encouraging way, I'm sure you can do better and you seem to actually have something to say but not for 4 minutes.
My opinion/advice/idiocy:

- nobody cares about your english so don't worry about it, one of my favorite youtubers is ruspiglets (for some reason his videos are gone) who speaks in a totally broken russian accent but has a personality and balls to make up for it
- while you don't need to be edgy, you sound exactly like a 16 year old boy giving a high school presentation and their pathetic way of speaking and presenting makes me hate them
- you didn't say anything interesting or in depth or funny in the whole video so I'm not sure what the purpose of it was, you need a strong thesis and support it/make it funny/relevant
- I'm probably in the minority here but I still enjoy spoony, razorfist and these guys because they are both well informed and funny and articulate, not only one of these but both

what's the purpose of this video? you sound like you're reading shit off a paper. the only funny thing is how you sometimes sound like a disappointed old grandpa "I dont like this preorder thing, you know? you make me sad"

so give it some spark and actual content, meng!
and imo unless youre one of those lucky few like spoony who is a total nerd and has huge base of interests, you cant produce regular content and you must make a few and far between but good and indepth videos about something you care about

Cadmus

Arcane
spoony...well informed and funny and articulate
:retarded:Am I back in the 2010?
Spoony's core series, the ultima, FF and shitty movies always entertain me and he knows his shit. Obviously, your mileage may vary.

Sorry I come off so harsh, but the truth is, the video isn't good at all, so I'm trying to offer some constructive criticism.
I understand you probably don't care about any ad revenue and 200k views but at the same time, I'm sure you'd like SOME audience to talk to, if you're going to continue making the videos.

I forgot to mention, lose the "SUBSCRIBE" button caption, I find it to be a sign of hubris of the video maker. Are you telling me to fucking subscribe to your channel? Why exactly? You produced such quality content that I need to see more of it? I can decide that for myself. You need my sub to produce such content in the future? Get bent. You think I'm too fucking retarded I need a quest compass to subscribe to your channel?

This is what goes through my head as the average viewer, just so you know.
For all of you who will try to say I'm being an edgy newfag, go get fucked.

EDIT: I forgot to say that the technical side of it is good enough, the mic sounds kinda shitty but totally good enough so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Last edited:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Dude this is horrible. I mean it in the encouraging way, I'm sure you can do better and you seem to actually have something to say but not for 4 minutes.

- nobody cares about your english so don't worry about it, one of my favorite youtubers is ruspiglets (for some reason his videos are gone) who speaks in a totally broken russian accent but has a personality and balls to make up for it
- while you don't need to be edgy, you sound exactly like a 16 year old boy giving a high school presentation and their pathetic way of speaking and presenting makes me hate them
- you didn't say anything interesting or in depth or funny in the whole video so I'm not sure what the purpose of it was, you need a strong thesis and support it/make it funny/relevant
- I'm probably in the minority here but I still enjoy spoony, razorfist and these guys because they are both well informed and funny and articulate, not only one of these but both

what's the purpose of this video? you sound like you're reading shit off a paper. the only funny thing is how you sometimes sound like a disappointed old grandpa "I dont like this preorder thing, you know? you make me sad"

and imo unless youre one of those lucky few like spoony who is a total nerd and has huge base of interests, you cant produce regular content and you must make a few and far between but good and indepth videos about something you care about

Amen. Personality, personality and personality. Add some.

And when you've done that do go for more content with some bite to it. For instance take a look at the bunnyhop thread. His vids are a bit hit and miss but at least he's actively trying to do something interesting.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-super-bunnyhop-thread.79248/page-2

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Dude this is horrible. I mean it in the encouraging way,

-

. the only funny thing is how you sometimes sound like a disappointed old grandpa "I dont like this preorder thing, you know? you make me sad"

I appreciate the criticism. I will certainly try to improve it, although giving it personality will be the biggest problem. I'm not Spoony who can act like a retard and yet funny, I'm not TotalBiscuit either who is a carismatic brit. I'm totally average. :)
you didn't say anything interesting or in depth or funny in the whole video so I'm not sure what the purpose of it was, you need a strong thesis and support it/make it funny/relevant
what's the purpose of this video?
Well, actually these videos should not be anything more than my short commentary on some recent news. I read something on the net which interestds me in a positive or negative way, and I try to put out my thought about it.

I'm sure you can do better and you seem to actually have something to say but not for 4 minutes.
I'm not sure if I get it righ. 4 minutes is too short, or too long? My first video was around 8 minutes, but I thought to myself, who is watching a video longer than 5 minutes nowaday, except if it is very high quality and entertaining.

you sound like you're reading shit off a paper
Actually the only thing I've written down is some bulletpoints, and improvised the rest. I know it is still boring.

, you cant produce regular content and you must make a few and far between but good and indepth videos about something you care about
Well actually if I'm just doing short commentaries for news, I can produce them quite regularly. Several in a week.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane

Dude this is horrible. I mean it in the encouraging way,

-

. the only funny thing is how you sometimes sound like a disappointed old grandpa "I dont like this preorder thing, you know? you make me sad"

I appreciate the criticism. I will certainly try to improve it, although giving it personality will be the biggest problem. I'm not Spoony who can act like a retard and yet funny, I'm not TotalBiscuit either who is a carismatic brit. I'm totally average. :)
you didn't say anything interesting or in depth or funny in the whole video so I'm not sure what the purpose of it was, you need a strong thesis and support it/make it funny/relevant
what's the purpose of this video?
Well, actually these videos should not be anything more than my short commentary on some recent news. I read something on the net which interestds me in a positive or negative way, and I try to put out my thought about it.

I'm sure you can do better and you seem to actually have something to say but not for 4 minutes.
I'm not sure if I get it righ. 4 minutes is too short, or too long? My first video was around 8 minutes, but I thought to myself, who is watching a video longer than 5 minutes nowaday, except if it is very high quality and entertaining.

you sound like you're reading shit off a paper
Actually the only thing I've written down is some bulletpoints, and improvised the rest. I know it is still boring.

I'm glad you're not mad at me.

4 mins is too long to for a commentary on an obvious cash-grab like a redux edition of a game, especially when you don't go too much into the details.
The length of the video/article/movie depends entirely on the informational/entertainment value for me
bulletpoints should be fine but it doesn't seem to work for you, you look like you're not used to speaking to an audience. I guess making more of these should help. You see, I don't mind some pauses or slight rambling when it's clear you're talking about something that's a bit harder to express and when you get there I'll see the value in it. There was nothing of value here for me to see.

To be honest, go for it if you like it, but would YOU watch a video of somebody commenting on superfluous shit like a redux edition of a game in a superfluous manner? Did you try to understand the viewer's perspective? I think many people forget to think about that.

To solve the personality problem, you need to talk about something that lights the fire in your belly. It doesn't matter if you spend 20 mins explaining the pros and cons of cock-rings, if you put your soul in it, work hard on it and it is obvious that you need to say some quality arguments about blood circulation in various sizes of penises, I'll probably watch it.

Don't take me too seriously, though. While I wouldn't say "I can't criticize you cuz I haven't managed to make a better video" because that's the most retarded argument, I also understand that it's really hard and don't expect you to be brilliant and entertaining as all the youtube celebs who have been doing this for 5 years. I'm simply offering my viewer's perspective, maybe it's not really relevant because I'm not the type of viewer you'd care for.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Thanks the input, they help a lot. I think that I can improve on the personality and enthusiastic part after I get my english speaking skill up a bit. Because seriously, that is a big problem for me. As soon as I try to be enthusiastic, and speed up a little, my words just will be uncomprehensible. And I don't mean rumbling, you basicly can't understand a word. I think this will improve after a few videos, and I can put up a more interesting display.

As for the content, yeah it is not too deep and groudbreaking, I will think of something. Maybe I should do commentary on several news, not just one, if you think 4 minutes is a waste of time for something like these.

I was thinking a lot what kind of content should I make. I thought of LP's but there are a lot of them on the net and I thought nobody would be interested in those. So I settled with this commentary, talking about industry bullshits and so on.

Edit: I just got an idea. It would be called something like "A game a day". What if in every episode, I would take one of my Steam/GOG/Origin/Uplay games, and would play the first 30-60 minutes. It would be an LP/first impressions kind of stuff. I have more than 300 games, all kinds of genre, and it would be selected on random.

Last edited:

Cadmus

Arcane
Edit: I just got an idea. It would be called something like "A game a day". What if in every episode, I would take one of my Steam/GOG/Origin/Uplay games, and would play the first 30-60 minutes. It would be an LP/first impressions kind of stuff. I have more than 300 games, all kinds of genre, and it would be selected on random.
I don't know, I would ask myself why?
What will make somebody watch that video? What do you have to say about the game? Will you be funny during the LP? Will you be delivering in depth information about the game? Are you great at playing the game and will show us stuff we can't do?

It could work, just not for me unless the game/format are interesting. I don't know what kind of people watch LPs, I only briefly watch TBs videos to learn about the game itself and get annoyed real quick cuz he sucks at playing PC games.

Cadmus

Arcane
Arrgh, this youtube shit is hard work. :D
what did you expect :) not even your bros here will watch more than 1 video just to support you if you're not entertaining them :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom