Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jade Empire is better than whatever shit you're playing

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Its really true

I fully agree that NwN > SWKotOR > Jade Empire > Dragon Age

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I sure hope you're not talking about the NWN OC. That might be the worst stinker Bioware ever shat, though the bar has been getting so low these past years I'm not so sure anymore.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
We were taking about DA:O and previous games though. I haven't played any subsequent games, and frankly I don't know why one would subject himself to such torture.

Among their "good" games, NWN OC is objectively the worst, even though NWN might have other merits to some.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
unpopular opinion but jade empire is slightly underrated imo

I rank it higher than Dragon Age
Possibly your most contrarian opinion yet.
Insipid rock, paper, scissors action combat wedged in-between midwit dialogues of Nathan Fillion reciting butchered Chinese philosophy at you and awkwardly inserted Shmups mini-games. An unambiguous dud of a game that rightfully sits next to Andromeda and DA2 on any serious persons assessment.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Insipid rock, paper, scissors action combat wedged in-between midwit dialogues of Nathan Fillion reciting butchered Chinese philosophy at you and awkwardly inserted Shmups mini-games. An unambiguous dud of a game that rightfully sits next to Andromeda and DA2 on any serious persons assessment.
nigga, da2 is shit but still much better than every single bioware game that came after it. it's not same tier as andromeda. not even close.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
nigga, da2 is shit but still much better than every single bioware game that came after it. it's not same tier as andromeda. not even close.
Better than ME3? Sure, that game drops the ball on nearly everything besides combat.
I've yet to hear a compelling case on why Disaster Age 2 is better than Midquisition though.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Better than ME3? Sure, that game drops the ball on nearly everything besides combat.
I've yet to hear a compelling case on why Disaster Age 2 is better than Midquisition though.
Dragon Age 2 has the best companion influence system in the series doing some neat stuff with how friendship/romance goes based on if you're friends or enemies. Sarcastic male hawke is also a shining light on an otherwise shit dialogue wheel system, and the way auto dialog changes based on your choice of personality is at least a step above what's usually given. The arcade combat can be at least a tad satisfying on the lowest level.

Not high praise at all, but that alone puts it above inquisition. Inquisition had literally nothing of note, nothing of value. Not even a single moment. All I can think of is there is some good pacing in one small portion of the attack of Haven. That game is utter trash from beginning to end, in EVERY aspect.

I didn't care for companions in either game, but DA2 gave me more satisfying options. Selling out Isabela to the Qunari was another high point, you see how I can at least think of some compared to DA:I? Contrast that with Sera. I do her "loyalty quest", I stop her from doing what she wants, she then makes a stupid pouty face at me, I tell her to leave and SHE gets the last word in. I couldn't kill her, call her the things I wanted, nothing, no satisfaction at all.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
story is better in da2. yes, it's very low bar to clear.
Better premise maybe, once you hit the first timeskip the plot turns completely farcical and never recovers.
Inquisition meanwhile is standard boilerplate "u must gather ur party and vanquish teh dark evil!!!11!" Fantasy RPG shit with an okayish twist regarding one of your companions.
Dragon Age 2 has the best companion influence system in the series doing some neat stuff with how friendship/romance goes based on if you're friends or enemies. Sarcastic male hawke is also a shining light on an otherwise shit dialogue wheel system, and the way auto dialog changes based on your choice of personality is at least a step above what's usually given.
Pale imitation of what Alpha Protocol did a year before.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

bum take

Andromeda and DAI are in the league of their own, absolute shit tier games

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
DA2 has only one thing going for it compared to the other games in the sad trilogy: best looking waifus. In DA:O they are ugly because technology was not yet there. In DAI they moved like gorillas and were uglified on purpose because Bioware is retarded.

DA2 was the sweet spot. And of course, devs got slammed by feminists for sexualizing Isabela.

skaraher

Cipher
DA2 has only one thing going for it compared to the other games in the sad trilogy: best looking waifus. In DA:O they are ugly because technology was not yet there. In DAI they moved like gorillas and were uglified on purpose because Bioware is retarded.

DA2 was the sweet spot. And of course, devs got slammed by feminists for sexualizing Isabela.
Waifu, dont use the plural. Merryl was awful.

9ted6

Educated
DA2 is better than ME3 because it didn't ruin the franchise it was based on. It was just a shitty game.

DAI is ME3's equal.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

DAI is ME3's equal.
ME3 had a dissapointing ending but the game was okay.

DAI is a poor game, devoid of identity. It wants to be an open world game hence large open mmo maps where you grind monsters and resources. It wants to be a story driven game, hence the small, heavily scripted maps where everything important happens. It wanted to have action & tactical combat at the same time, delivering neither in a satisfying way. The boring villain and ugly female companions didn't help.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom