Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 2 - windowed mode support?

Shodan

Novice
I want to play JA2 but my only option is on a widescreen laptop and I know it doesn't support widescreen resolutions and I don't want to stretch it so I was wondering if windowed mode was an option.

As far as I could tell, the JA2 1.13 mod doesn't support it, so does that mean I'm doomed to play it stretched and ugly?

- thanks

denizsi

Arcane
If all else fail, you can also set up a virtual OS using Virtual PC or VMWare under your system and get to play it windowed.

Shodan said:
I want to play JA2 but my only option is on a widescreen laptop and I know it doesn't support widescreen resolutions and I don't want to stretch it so I was wondering if windowed mode was an option.

I built it into the Feb 20th 2007 Version (r384 or so)

you can set it inside the INI file:
[Ja2 Settings]
SCREEN_MODE_WINDOWED=1

or you can specify it by comand line, simply by calling
JA2.exe /WINDOW
which is the reverse of
JA2.exe /FULLSCREEN

The command line thing has priority over the ini setting. Sou You could set the INI to Windowed mode and set two links on the desktop: "JA_fullscreen" and "JA_windowed" or whatever crazy thing you whis.

finally, I am dreaming about changing only the (main) tactical screen to native Laptop resolution (1440 x 960 in my case) and keeping all others in 800x600. But RoWa has much more experience in doing that. I am only a tiny hacker and bughunter in the project ;-)

BTW:
bist Du B. S. und hast mal bei Zoe gearbeitet?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom