Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance 3 releasing on July 14th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Haemimont Games; Ian Currie; Jagged Alliance 3; THQ Nordic

Things were quiet for a long time after Jagged Alliance 3 was announced by THQ Nordic back in 2021. That changed at the end of 2022 when they finally began publishing dev diary updates on the game's community website. These updates have been pretty well-received. Many developers have tried and failed to produce a worthy successor to Jagged Alliance 2 over the years, but with Ian Currie on board, Haemimont Games have vowed not to fuck it up. We'll know soon whether they succeeded, because today THQ Nordic announced that Jagged Alliance 3 will be out on July 14th. Rather than a mere release date trailer, they put together a hefty feature trailer describing the game's three main pillars: a simulationist approach to tactical combat, large cast of mercenaries with distinct personalities, and free-roaming open world.

Sofia, Bulgaria / Vienna, Austria, May 17th, 2023: When people talk about turn-based tactics games, very often Jagged Alliance is mentioned as one of the legendary forefathers of the genre. So creating a new installment in the series, almost 25 years after the first one has electrified gamers around the globe, is not a simple task: The memories of those iconic games remain cherished, but times have changed, and players now have different expectations. Nevertheless, developer Haemimont Games and publisher THQ Nordic are proudly adding the long-awaited "3" to the iconic title, indicating nothing less than: Jagged Alliance 3 shall be a worthy successor and an outstanding strategy game when it releases on July 14th, 2023 for PC!

In the latest trailer, we're gonna spill the beans on what Jagged Alliance 3 brings to the table - and what it doesn't. Battle-hardened mercenaries who've conquered the previous installments might scoff and say, "Been there, done that." But for you unfortunate souls who've never tasted the thrill of a Jagged Alliance game yet (shame on you!), this rad new trailer will answer the burning question you've been dying to ask: What is the gameplay like? Does it focus on tactics or strategy? Is there a crafting system? And so much more... Find all the answers you seek in the thrilling new trailer!

Mod support coming soon after launch
After Jagged Alliance 3 has launched, the developers will focus on giving the players the exciting opportunity to customize the game according to their preferences. Initially offering basic mod support, allowing players to modify weapon statistics, adjust difficulty levels, and even display the "chance to hit" percentage, the mod support for Jagged Alliance 3 will continue to expand and evolve post-launch. In due course, players will wield a powerful tool that empowers them to create and share their own campaigns, introduce new mercenaries, and explore possibilities beyond our current imagination!

Jagged Alliance 3 is currently in development for PC and is set to release on July 14th, 2023 at an SRP of $ 44.99 / € 44.99 / 39.99 £ and will receive a launch discount of 20% on Steam - wishlist here: https://thqn.net/ja3-steam

Collector's Edition
The Jagged Alliance 3 Tactical Edition is available for pre-order now at an SRP of € 129.99 / £ 114.99 and will release along with the game on July 14th, 2023. Please note: this edition is strictly limited.​

As mentioned above, mod support will be added to the game after launch. That 20% launch discount is going to be pretty nice too. Seems everybody involved is trying to do their best with this one. What do you think, Codex?

Diggfinger

Arcane
Wow - 20 years in the making! (Believe it was first mentioned/announced in 2004).

Excited to see how much RPG elements play into this, something I missed in JA2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wow - 20 years in the making! (Believe it was first mentioned/announced in 2004).

It's not the game that was announced in 2004, obviously.

THQ Nordic aren't calling this an RPG, just a tactical combat game with RPG elements. So I wouldn't expect much more than JA2.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I don't think they're really ready to admit to themselves how much of an RPG this actually is.
How did you miss skills that improve on use, or NPCs that react to what you do?
Simple; if any game that identifies as an RPG is an RPG, then by that same token any game that does not is not.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I don't think they're really ready to admit to themselves how much of an RPG this actually is.
How did you miss skills that improve on use, or NPCs that react to what you do?
Simple; if any game that identifies as an RPG is an RPG, then by that same token any game that does not is not.
Then why does the box of JA2 say "A role playing strategy game"?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hey mindx2, unless I'm blatantly missing something, I don't think it can be pre-ordered right now. There's no buy option anywhere on the game's Steam page, and its official website just points you to that when you click on Order Here.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey mindx2, unless I'm blatantly missing something, I don't think it can be pre-ordered right now. There's no buy option anywhere on the game's Steam page, and its official website just points you to that when you click on Order Here.
Yeah, I don't get it. They announced this thing two weeks ago. Did it sell out? It is limited to 750 units so who knows. It doesn't even show up here in the states (Amazon).

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey @mindx2, unless I'm blatantly missing something, I don't think it can be pre-ordered right now. There's no buy option anywhere on the game's Steam page, and its official website just points you to that when you click on Order Here.
It's actually available to order now on the amazon uk site, would assume it's going to popup on others soon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0C49QCTRD
Thanks! I went ahead and ordered it from UK Amazon just in case it either doesn't show up here in the US or sells out quickly. The shipping is a killer but I'll bite the bullet. If it does show up on the US Amazon site I'll get it there and cancel this one.

Humbaba

Arcane
Trailer fails to mention the two most important things, AI and progression. If those suck then whatever else the game might have going for it is completely irrelevant. Not to mention that this is a yuro-made game in current year so expect bugs up the ass.

jackofshadows

Magister
Devs said they will not be adding visible armor in the form of vests, helmet, leggings as it made all the characters look the same which is something they didn't like or want
Who doesn't want to play as a bunch of clowns amirite

Shin

Cipher
solid trailer, despite the voice actor trying way too hard

I don't think it'll move a lot of units though, at € 44.99 a pop it'll probably be too expensive for fence-sitters. If the codex consensus is positive I'll be getting it. Probably will need a lot of patching though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
(Believe it was first mentioned/announced in 2004).
didn't they made a bunch of JA games and turned them into sort of spin offs, and some turned into completely different games like Brigade E5 New Jagged Union?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It was a really bold choice to have Huggy Bear doing the voiceover for the trailer. I guess they wanted to make it sound street smart and tough, which is what millennials believe all black people are by virtue of being born black. It sounds kind of rushed in places because Huggy Bear had to get back to his pimping game that afternoon, he has a couple girls who are shorting him and wanted to give them a long whipping with a coat hanger to teach them to act right.

The next trailer will be narrated by Bootsy Williams.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Despite my chronic jadedness and scepticism, especially related to this IP, I believe in this team for some reason. One, they aren't Americans, and two, they have a solid-to-great track record in the last 10 years.

Tropico and Surviving Mars are genuinely great and even Victor Vran and Omerta are p. good for what they are. And Stranded is shaping to be a p. great survival strat too. Good team. Please don't fuck it up.

jungl

Augur
They should make it where you can't see how many troops are in a sector. It can't be that hard to do jagged alliance right not seeing hit chance good fog of war mechanic.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I don't know if it will do JA justice or how much of an RPG it will be, but graphically, it already looks way worse than JA2. It looks like one of those drab coloured, indie zombie apocalypse games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom