Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jeff talks about Geneforge 4

wizard

Liturgist
"I've been spending a lot of time of late, when not debugging Avernum 4 for Windows, sketching out the plot and world for Geneforge 4 and designing some interface stuff. Here's a little advance info, for general interest.

All of this is subject to change. Of course.

I want the Mac version to be out this year. It will, like Avernum 4, run at 1024 x 768 resolution. The days of our 800 x 600 games are gone forever.

I am focusing heavily on improved animations and spell effects. There will be a greater variety of effects, and they will be prettier.

Since the end of Geneforge 3, the rebellion against the Shapers has begun. You will play rebels, not Shapers, though you will develop shaping abilities early in the game. Without shaping, it's not Geneforge.

At this point, your character can be a human or a servile. There will be three character classes that take the role of Shaper/Agent/Guardian. I really like how that set works.

The skill list will stay the same, most likely, as I think it works very well. There will probably be 3 new creations and 8 new spells.

There will be three overall factions/sets of endings, but one of them is more hidden than the others.

A number of characters from Geneforge 3 will return.

I want the game to have many more scripted events and big battles. It's a war, and I want you to be mixed up in it.

I've never been entirely happy with how mines and traps work, so I'm tinkering with that. I want to find a way for Tool Use heavy zones to be a more fun experience.

I want to rework stealth so it's clearer what's going on and when a creature can see you.

I want to implement weather. It won't affect play so much, but it'll be pretty.

- Jeff Vogel"
http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=19;t=000941

FrancoTAU

Cipher
If he has all this time to add fancy effects, i'd rather he built a new engine. Fancy effects are fine, but i really don't want to play the same game i've played 5 times already just with a different story and fancy effects.

obediah

Erudite
how about combat that isn't always either super easy or super hard, and always tedious and boring. I'd settle with a button that pops up at combat that says "skip this crap and get back to the game"

LCJr.

Erudite
How about some original ideas instead of recycling the same stuff over and over and over...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom