Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Jeff Vogel has finally gone off the deep end - reviews Katawa Shoujo

Johannes

Arcane

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
We live in an era of Underrail, AoD, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Torment fucking 2 and a dozen (???) of other, smaller projects. Who cares about the decline of Jeff Vogel anymore? Let him be, it's his own leg he shoots.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I think past a certain age, nobody can criticize you for whatever weird fetishes you have anymore. It's just kinda normal at that point.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Leave the man alone. He went for the cheap Asian whores back in 'NAM and now his Syphilis has reached the final stages. He's suffering from brain deterioration.

hexer

Jeff seems to spend way too much time in his basement. Let's all hope he's not building a dungeon down there or something...

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
a61.gif

SwiftCrack

Arcane
I love Jeff Vogel breakdown topics; remember his anti-steam 'devaluation' tirade.

Repressed Homosexual
Honestly, if Leigh Alexander can post about this game without it being seen as creepy, why can't Jeff?

The one thing I am disappointed about is that his post quickly devolved into the typical "violence is OK, but sex is unacceptable, that's so unfair and hypocritical".

As I said in another thread, the difference is that eroticization is mundane, tangible activity with a low/non existant barrier of entry that can be immediately reproduced in the environment.

It's why profanity and sexually explicit content are much worse than virtual depiction of violence, because the child can either start using foul language or lose his innocence/become perverted and twisted almost instantly. Although virtual violence does have an effect on people, it cannot be categorized instantaneously as "imitative behavior".

Repressed Homosexual
Much like Jeff I played the game, though I disabled the explicit scenes. And I kind of liked it. Jeff says his wife liked it too, my wife saw a lot of it and found it good as well.

Honestly, he isn't that wrong that it's better and has more merit than endless bald space marine games.

Where I am disappointed, is where he says that there should be more explicit games. Especially since his games are always G-rated and devoid of any offensive elements.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Much like Jeff I played the game, though I disabled the explicit scenes. And I kind of liked it. Jeff says his wife liked it too, my wife saw a lot of it and found it good as well.

Honestly, he isn't that wrong that it's better and has more merit than endless bald space marine games.

Where I am disappointed, is where he says that there should be more explicit games. Especially since his games are always G-rated and devoid of any offensive elements.

?

Kanedias

Savant
Excuse the heresy, but I...

I don't think Katawa Shoujo is that bad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom