Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jesus Christ the Saints Row 2 port is even worse than GTA4's

And there's no mouse support in menus.
And it looks like a PS2 game.
And I get 20-30fps max with all settings on low, and that's just walking in a circle at the starting city area.
And the controls are really weird.

At least there's no Rockstar social club shit, I guess.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Goddamn, I'm glad I bought a 360. I've lost count of the number of shitty ports I've heard of over the last few months.

Dmitron

Arbiter
Fat Dragon said:
Goddamn, I'm glad I bought a 360. I've lost count of the number of shitty ports I've heard of over the last few months.

So now you get to enjoy the same wonderful games, with a gamepad?

Dmitron

Arbiter
Admiral jimbob said:
I would say "you can play the PC port with a gamepad" but if you have a gamepad plugged in the menus scroll uncontrollably then crash

Similar to the GTAIV patch that causes the camera to scroll endlessly around the character with any USB game controller plugged in...wonderful.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ironically enough this camera bug does not appear in Fedor's crack at all.

Crackers provide better tech-support than Rockstar.

Also I will never buy a console for these games. They are action games dammit - you can't enjoy them with gaypad.

Shoelip

Arbiter
From what I hear though it's allot better than GTA 4 as a game. Too bad it's another lazy ass port.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Dmitron said:
Fat Dragon said:

Saint's Row 2 is an awesome game and plays without any problems on 360. Been playing console games since the SNES days, gamepads are no problem for me.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Saint's Row 2 is like "Vice City + San Andreas" and even more wacky. It's awesome, this is what GTA 4 should have been. Try it if you can get your hands on it.

Gerrard

Arcane
The game is limited at 30 FPS. But it does run like crap.

I like how the mouse sensitivity goes to maximum when aiming, so it's actually easier to aim without it.

Dmitron

Arbiter
Fat Dragon said:
Dmitron said:
Fat Dragon said:

Saint's Row 2 is an awesome game and plays without any problems on 360. Been playing console games since the SNES days, gamepads are no problem for me.

It's doubtful you caught my drift.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
Sorry for the bump here, but do any of you with the PC version of this game know if you can somehow extract the nightclub music files from it? I have the game on PS3 so it won't be possible for me. I've literally looked everywhere for the names of the tunes which play in Club Koi, and the stripclubs, but I can't find them anywhere. They definitely aren't on the soundtrack, which is annoying considering I think they are the best tunes on the game. Nobody seems to know what they are called or where to find them. Really annoying. Anyway any help would be appreciated.

Herbert West

Arbiter
Yeah, I was flabbergasted. On my rig, playing Crysis with most options on high proved not to be a problem- it looked good, it stayed arround 30fps.

However, when I tried to play this piece of shit port, I set all god damned options to HIGH, resulting in about 15fps on average. After setting everything to LOW i was getting about 18 fps [oh joy!], in a game that looked to be 8 years old! What the fuck I said, and promptly uninstalled it.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I just wonder:

Are there any PC exclusive GTA style games that come out?

And are there any GTA style games that are extremely challenging and hardcore i.e. no handholding, difficult combat, gameplay based on player's own initiative and forces him to act out of his own wits, general difficulty in obtaining good weapons and money, more strict law system, and/or more challenge in exploring the city and finding the right place,.etc.

GTA4 was quite hardcore in some respects, but still suffered from a quest compass and clearly explained goals.

MetalCraze

Arcane
GTA4 is the easiest of them all.

I even managed to successfully complete Brucie's "number one" race from the first take without even trying.

You know what does a fucking racing quest in GTA usually mean?

Also Burnout: Paradise doesn't look much worse than GTA4 (and certainly better than SR2) and it flies. Lern2optimize

Wyrmlord

Arcane
But as I was asking:

Are there any PC exclusive GTA style games or any hardcore GTA style games?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Wyrmlord said:
But as I was asking:

Not that I know of. There's not a lot of GTA style games, period.

And skyway, the GTA races have always been easy, except for that race in GTA:VC where you have to beat that guy with momma issues to get him to go along on the bank job and cops keep showing up. That one was a pain in the ass.
GTA IV is hella easy, tho'. So far I only think I've died or - heck - even failed missions by accidentally driving off cliffs or blowing myself up with handgrenades. The game itself puts up zero challenge.

i think there was a post apocalyptic GTA like game released for PC about 5 years ago, cant remember what the heck it was called,

it was only average but I think it was PC only

I seem to remember there were cars with guns on the back like warthogs and seperate gunner men,

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Saints Row 2 is the worst goddamn port I've seen in a very long time. But aside from that it also has shitty driving mechanics, dull combat, bland graphics, a rather empty city that has many areas that just feel rushed and boring pedestrians. The missions and side tasks however can be quite a bit of fun. I just wish they'd spend a bit more time and care on this game. After trying it on pc and xbox360 I can say that while the pc version is dismall, the xbox360 version is okayish. Still not worth 6o euro's though.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Wyrmlord said:
But as I was asking:

There was a first person RPG/GTA hybrid by some Russian developers, but I can't remember the name. Mafia was harder than GTA IIRC, but more linear.

Unwanted

Zinc

Unwanted
WhiskeyWolf said:
I also look for them, no luck yet.

PM me if you have any luck please. I'll do the same for you if I find them. I'm really desperate for them. When I hear a tune I like but I cannot find it it literally drives me insane.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Slenkar said:
i think there was a post apocalyptic GTA like game released for PC about 5 years ago, cant remember what the heck it was called,

it was only average but I think it was PC only

I seem to remember there were cars with guns on the back like warthogs and seperate gunner men,

It was The Fail. A pretty bland RPG where you couldn't even drive with your car beyond map limits.

Brother None said:
Wyrmlord said:
But as I was asking:

Not that I know of. There's not a lot of GTA style games, period.

And skyway, the GTA races have always been easy, except for that race in GTA:VC where you have to beat that guy with momma issues to get him to go along on the bank job and cops keep showing up. That one was a pain in the ass.
GTA IV is hella easy, tho'. So far I only think I've died or - heck - even failed missions by accidentally driving off cliffs or blowing myself up with handgrenades. The game itself puts up zero challenge.

I've meant racing quests where you must specifically drive through little circles while trying to outrun other cars - there also was an arcade-ish timer and controls were atrocious

(btw PC controls in GTA4 were surprisingly good)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom