Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Jews jewing again

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Was somebody saying something about there being too many Outer Worlds newsposts? Give 'em a taste of 2000s-style RPG Codex newsposting, Saint. :cool:

What a pathetic joke you are. If half of the stuff mentioned in this thread concerning your behaviour towards Saint_Proverbius is true, you should be stripped of all rights and privileges and locked away in the Prosperium for the foreseeable future. Your "news" can easily be lived without.

https://rpgcodex.net/tags.php?id=269
https://rpgcodex.net/tags.php?id=254

https://rpgcodex.net/tags.php?id=1963

Have fun!
So it's Microsoft that got Saint_Proverbius out of retirement?

:deathclaw:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik

Kirk Douglas was born Issur Danielovitch (Yiddish: איסר דניאלאָוויטש‎) in Amsterdam, New York, on December 9, 1916, the son of Bryna "Bertha" (née Sanglel; 1884–1958) and Herschel "Harry" Danielovitch (c. 1884–1950). His parents were immigrants from Chavusy, Mogilev Region, in the Russian Empire (present-day Belarus), and the family spoke Yiddish at home. Douglas would embrace his Jewish heritage in his later years, after a near-fatal airplane crash.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
“Darth Roxor" said:
J5Y8FnH.png

What the fuck :lol:

only on the Codex :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Was somebody saying something about there being too many Outer Worlds newsposts? Give 'em a taste of 2000s-style RPG Codex newsposting, Saint. :cool:

What a pathetic joke you are. If half of the stuff mentioned in this thread concerning your behaviour towards Saint_Proverbius is true, you should be stripped of all rights and privileges and locked away in the Prosperium for the foreseeable future. Your "news" can easily be lived without.

Have fun!

That's too much coverage regardless but there's a huge flaw in your implication. 95% of Codex coverage for fallout 3 and oblivion was pre-release. Before the full extent of the disasters were known. At that point Oblivion had so many lies being told by the developers that people still believed it might be OK. The other was the first reboot of the most popular franchise on the Codex. Not a surprise that pre-release interest was high, even though the amount of news was still excessive.

You will notice that the coverage of both games dropped to near 0 after release when people realised what total disasters they were.

In contrast, the Outer worlds coverage seems to have continued long after the Codex has turned off the game.

Now why is that?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Have fun!

That's too much coverage regardless but there's a huge flaw in your implication. 95% of Codex coverage for fallout 3 and oblivion was pre-release. Before the full extent of the disasters were known. At that point Oblivion had so many lies being told by the developers that people still believed it might be OK. The other was the first reboot of the most popular franchise on the Codex. Not a surprise that pre-release interest was high, even though the amount of news was still excessive.

You will notice that the coverage of both games dropped to near 0 after release when people realised what total disasters they were.

In contrast, the Outer worlds coverage seems to have continued long after the Codex has turned off the game.

Now why is that?

Also a poor example from Infinitron because quite a lot of those linked articles are humorous in nature or only incidentally mention Oblivion. It's not exactly surprising that there was a lot of hype pre-Oblivion and then a lot of mockery afterwards.

One of them for example is that New Vegas is now available on GOG. It only incidentally mentions Fallout 3 and Oblivion as also being on GOG as well.

I assume the Fallout 3 tag is similar.

Last edited:

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member

Now why is that?

My memory may be shit, but I remember Vault Dweller scouring the internet for post release Oblivion news until his finger tips bled so he could hammer that game even more. I didn't post Oblivion news as often just because I wanted to see how Vince would trash that game the next time. He had a field day with it. Especially once they announced the horse armor.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Now why is that?

My memory may be shit, but I remember Vault Dweller scouring the internet for post release Oblivion news until his finger tips bled so he could hammer that game even more. I didn't post Oblivion news as often just because I wanted to see how Vince would trash that game the next time. He had a field day with it. Especially once they announced the horse armor.

Vince's Oblivion review is a joy to read to this day

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Now why is that?

Vince's Oblivion review is a joy to read to this day

I enjoyed Deuce Traveler's retrospective as well.

https://rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10259

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I think this deserves to be brought before the general public as part of our transparency efforts here at RPG Codex. From the shoutbox:

Saint_Proverbius:
That's odd. I posted two news things and they're not on the front page anymore.

Roguey:
I don't see any threads at all

Infinitron:
they're deleted, you'd have to be a moderator to see them

Infinitron:
and yes, don't post popamoles on the front page lol

Roguey:
lol

Roguey:
Whcih molepoppers were they about

Haba
grabs popcorn

Infinitron:
D&D Dark Alliance and something called "Karma - Chapter One"

18252:
are you fucking serious

18252:
only corporate sanctioned news posts are allowed

Darth Roxor:
popamole poasted by the jew = kosher

Darth Roxor:
popamole poasted by others = not kosher

Roguey:
The new DA is notable for how cringe the trailer was, Karma looks like dozens of other shovelware

Infinitron:
Hey, I've never deleted any of your posts

Darth Roxor:
"Dark Alliance, a new D&D co-op ARPG that lets you fight alongside your friends to conquer unstoppable monsters."

Darth Roxor:
sounds more rpg than most of the shit that ends up on the frontpage these days

Darth Roxor:
at least it has D&D in the title

Saint_Proverbius:
How is that Popamole?

Saint_Proverbius:
There's news about the original Dark Alliance way back when, mainly for shits and giggles.

Haba:
I miss old skool newsposts that made fun of crappy games

Roguey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lAw1791hK4 lol the new trailer is also something

Saint_Proverbius:
The other game looks like ass, but there's always a point.

Darth Roxor:
you dont understand saint, nowadays the frontpage is dedicated to development updates for obsidian hits such as outer worlds

Roguey:
Like a time machine back to the 00s

Hobo Elf:
outer worlds is 50% off, AGAIN

Saint_Proverbius:
Like pointing out that most developers don't bother posting anything mechanics wise in their screenshots like they used to.

Hobo Elf:
outer worlds is such a success story that it's permanently 50% off

Darth Roxor:
also kickstarter updates devoid of any actual info

Darth Roxor:
for whatever shitgame that is currently popular

Infinitron:
it'll be discounted today because the new expansion is coming out

Saint_Proverbius:
It's 50% off for two weeks every other week.

Hobo Elf:
good excuse, infini, but TOW is always 50% off regardless of the the reason.

Infinitron:
I think most Codex newsposts recently have been of the format "random indie isometric tactical RPG announced", "random indie isometric tactical RPG released on Early Access", etc

Darth Roxor:
random baldurs gate community update

Darth Roxor:
random kangmaker community update

Axeman:
Infinitron why you never post NEWS from Cleve Blakemore?

Hobo Elf:
Jimmy Wales asking for 100 buck donations for a USB stick

Darth Roxor:
random outer worlds community update

Axeman:
every Cleve's fart should be a newspost

Infinitron:
the last outer worlds news before the most recent one was in october

Achiman:
no one gives a fuck about outer worlds - sincerely everyone.

Axeman:
Infinitron is very corrupted

Infinitron:
Well I guess the final news about it will be today

Saint_Proverbius:
Outer Worlds news is news.

Saint_Proverbius:
He's right for posting it.

Achiman:
maybe, but taking a shit is more interesting and creative

rusty_shackleford:
Need news posts about outer worlds upcoming news.

Saint_Proverbius:
If you don't like the game or the news, there's the comment section for that.

Achiman:
yeah. called shoutbox
Saint_Proverbius:
However, what I posted today, regardless of your fucking opinion, was also news.

Hobo Elf:
raise your hands if you played TOW

Hobo Elf:
even 1 min

Achiman:
worse.. i finished it

rusty_shackleford:
What did sp post?

Darth Roxor:
D&D dark alliance

Darth Roxor:
it was deemed haram

Saint_Proverbius:
Dark Alliance release date and some new, horrid looking action RPG from some Danish IT company.

Gamma:
Bubbles was cooler than infinitron

Hobo Elf:
no one talks about it, and if they do it's never to say anything good about it

rusty_shackleford:
Infini is upset that sp is muscling in on his territory.

Saint_Proverbius:
I'm not muscling in. All I did was post two news items.

Infinitron:
Anyway I never actually bought TOW, rented on Game Pass and then got a free Steam key (including the first DLC) for some reason

rusty_shackleford:
"then got a free steam key" AH HA HE ADMITS IT

Saint_Proverbius:
Spiffing Brit has some videos on the steam key thing that gives people the game for next to nothing.
Infinitron is an even bigger piece of shit than I thought. This is proof enough that Infinitron is a shill and Codex suffers immensely because of him.

Just make Darth Roxor a mod ffs

Last edited by a moderator:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I, for one, would welcome more news on indie trash nobody cares about.

Because this is RPG Codex, a refuge for RPG hobbyists who may, quite possibly, care about some obscure piece of shit no other website covers.

It's certainly more interesting than copypasted news about the same dozen mainstream RPGs everyone else reports about daily.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected

Because this is RPG Codex, a refuge for RPG hobbyists who may, quite possibly, care about some obscure piece of shit no other website covers.

It's certainly more interesting than copypasted news about the same dozen mainstream RPGs everyone else reports about daily.
I'm someone who can appreciate Obsidian/Troika/etc.'s past contributions to my library and I see zero reason for them to dominate the news. There are likely hundreds of interesting indie projects, smaller studios, all that who would likely benefit from and appreciate attention and coverage and I would certainly appreciate them being put on my radar.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
As things are right now, I barely even open the News subforum. I get my actual news from browsing Steam's upcoming games list, browsing Abu Antar's excellent upcoming RPGs thread that lists EVERYTHING no matter how obscure, and checking out threads made by Codexian developers like the Titan Outpost and the Space Wreck guy (whose games did get newsposts at least, so there's that).

You don't really miss anything by not browsing the news subforum.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
If you're doing nothing but reporting on the same big studios everyone else is reporting on, the question arises of why you'd come here in particular to hear about them. Perhaps your writing and investigation sets you apart from every other site reporting on them. Perhaps it doesn't. It behooves Codex to differentiate itself meaningfully from the mainstream IMO, as the mainstream enthusiast press centered around games is not really in a good place. One way to differentiate is to offer something they absolutely don't and won't - a broad selection of things the mainstream ignores (and they ignore a lot).

TL;DR don't try to compete with the mainstream, they're playing at being retards and shit journalists, a game most Codexers would accurately describe as decline

Mortmal

Arcane

Indeed and same thing about felipepe polls we should keep them, it helps to discover hidden gems. I probably not even tried troubleshooters without seeing it had a high satisfaction ratio on the poll. The obsidian dev diaries and outerworld dlc ? I am not reading them anymore. I have nothing against obsidian , they are doing toys for kids now and it's fine, completely fine . But i am not interested into that.

NotSerious

Novice
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Dark Alliance id have left up due to heritage. But it barely counts.

Think your all a bit fucked in the head for getting angry about the second one though.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
612px-Robute_Guilliman.jpg

Roboute Guilliman returns to see the Tribe infesting the highest halls of his kingdom.

Seriously infinitron, why do you have to be such a spastic? There was a time when the front page of this site actually had a sense of humour. Not a fucking chance would you have removed a post from DU.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom