Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Josh Sawyer appreciation station

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Options when you're famous.

1. Be happily married.
2. Have a harem of 20+ beautiful and exotic women from around the world.
3. Simp for random "sex workers" on the internet.

Hmmmmmm.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's the internet's fault for teasing him:

1712558233561.png

Beans00

Augur
He has been scrubbing his history to cover this up badly.

You need to find better dirt on him

Respect for posting these, but I'm just not that interested in the guy. I only found out the other stuff through 2nd hand info, not through looking it up myself.
The way I see it Josh Sawyer represents everything wrong with current western civilization. An incompetent degenerate who has somehow managed to fail upward through nepotism and being a sycophant to make probably between 150-250k per year.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Respect for posting these, but I'm just not that interested in the guy. I only found out the other stuff through 2nd hand info, not through looking it up myself.
The way I see it Josh Sawyer represents everything wrong with current western civilization. An incompetent degenerate who has somehow managed to fail upward through nepotism and being a sycophant to make probably between 150-250k per year.
He was a so-so game designer that eventually gave up and became...whatever the fuck he is now.

Beans00

Augur

He was a so-so game designer that eventually gave up and became...whatever the fuck he is now.

Eh, I said this on an earlier post but aside from Icewind dale(which he wasn't lead on) and FNV. I don't like any of his games.

Bear in mind he didn't make Kotor 2, he only joined obsidian for NWN 2(which was absolutely god awful). He also had nothing to do with MOTB or SOZ which I haven't played but some people like.

Sinder Velvin

Arcane
> Tfw the Josh Sawyer Appreciation Station has somehow become the Josh Sawyer Trash-Talking Thread.

Bear in mind he didn't make Kotor 2, he only joined obsidian for NWN 2(which was absolutely god awful).

He only became the lead designer on NWN 2 in the final stretch before its release:

HuUJkWM.jpeg

Link to the interview.

His job was to salvage what he could from a mismanaged project that had been overscoped and was running out of time.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Josh Sawyer is a man who parlayed web design work for a tattoo parlor into a job at Interplay managing its website, following which he somehow transitioned almost immediately to a designer on Icewind Dale and then lead designer on Icewind Dale II. In fairness to Sawyer, he's a competent project lead, capable of bringing games to completion on time and within budget, but he's an absolutely wretched designer and a generally poor writer.

> Tfw the Josh Sawyer Appreciation Station has somehow become the Josh Sawyer Trash-Talking Thread.
Always has been. :positive:

rojay

Scholar

You are totally not that interested in the guy.

CanadianCorndog

Learned
He shares a lot of info about development, and he's very knowledgeable about history. I enjoy listening to his interviews. He's mainly tweeting about bicycles and mixing drinks online plus the occasional post about women. I watched a few of his streams and he's pretty chill, just plays a game for an hour and answers questions from chat.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Simp for random sex workers on the internet

Ye literally cant believe what hes doing
Since Sawyer is a SomethingAwful alumni, his only paths in life are becoming a sex pest, becoming a government agent, or shooting himself in the head (or all three). It's a surprise he wasn't found out earlier.
Surprised he didn't try out the latter.
:balance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom