Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Josh Sawyer Q&A Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He is just virtue signaling, "I don't discriminate against hookers, I talk to them on twitter as if they are normal human beings."

He follows and replies to their tweets.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
He is just virtue signaling

He follows and replies to their tweets.

purupuru: The sky is blue.

Roguey: No, you're wrong; the sky is blue.

:philosoraptor:
I'd say there's a difference between someone who politely replies to anyone who talks to him and someone who deliberately wants to interact with a particular kind of person.

I agree, but the latter, not the former, strikes me as virtue signaling, and my understanding is he does the latter.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
mister-gotcha-4-9faefa-1.jpg

we should improve society 2.png

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This reminds me of the times i've read people complaining about System Shock 2's controls, not realizing they can rebind them :-P

And these are people who were curious enough and into games enough to try a decades old game.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
This reminds me of the times i've read people complaining about System Shock 2's controls, not realizing they can rebind them :-P

I see this happening way to often on the chans with the original Deus Ex and Thief, "the controls suck, how did people like this??". Most zoomers are beyond saving. The worst case is when they try games with tank controls, they can't simply conceive the thought of different movement/control modes.

And these are people who were curious enough and into games enough to try a decades old game.

They try them because they're lauded as masterpieces but get filtered pretty soon. Since they're used to instant gratification, they don't see a reason to stick with them and see if they can find enjoyment, they simply move to the next game in the backlog.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They try them because they're lauded as masterpieces but get filtered pretty soon. Since they're used to instant gratification, they don't see a reason to stick with them and see if they can find enjoyment, they simply move to the next game in the backlog.

My point is that they are still a minority who bothered to even care about these older games, many gamers wont even do that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
One of the smart things Nightdive did for the Enhanced release of the original System Shock was rebind the controls into something a bit more sensibly in-line with modern control schemes. Though it's still an irritation for reasons that can't be fixed (having to frequently switch between freelook and "pick up item" mouse modes). :M

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I see this happening way to often on the chans with the original Deus Ex and Thief, "the controls suck, how did people like this??". Most zoomers are beyond saving. The worst case is when they try games with tank controls, they can't simply conceive the thought of different movement/control modes.

"Even" Matt Barton is like this. In his Daggerfall video, he complained about "weird" controls and lack of mouse look. He didn't even check the settings properly to see it was an option and when I pointed that out to him, that he was misrepresenting the game, he started throwing silly nerdy slangs and this is supposed to be a game nerd.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sawyer's pretty open about redistributing his wealth to sex workers (but do not talk to him or them about it, that's "making it weird") :M
You make it sound like he's getting laid. He's a paypig.

This I don't understand. Why someone would ever pay for a sex worker to not have sex?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom