Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Journey to the center of Arcanum concept pitch

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
A little bird gave me this funny Word document with the last edit dated 2001. Hmm.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Unsigned and generic. Looks made up.
zsAE19N.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not since Ultima Underworld has there been an RPG that combines the action of the first person perspective and the immersionveness of a fully realized RPG world!!

Bethesda crosses its arms and coughs "Daggerfall."

If Arcanum has proved anything, it is that we know how to craft a well-balanced RPG, with memorable characters, a compelling story, and a character-development system that is second to none.

:lol: This is what they actually believe.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
Does your little thingamajick also allow me to sign it as a MS Word 9.0 document?

Fuck off.

I was considering uploading a Microsoft word 9.0 document signed in 1931 predicting 9/11, but it was too much hassle, got better things to do. Imagine I just did and linked it.

I'm not saying it's automatically fake, just that it could perfectly be, and looks somewhat fake.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Document:

An intriguing storyline:

Journey to the Center of Arcanum revolves around the search for an

ancient metal, used to create the Vendigroth device in Arcanum: Of

Steamworks and Magick Obscura. Whoever controls this metal that combines

the power of both Magick and Technology will have ultimate control over the

precarious balance of power in the world of Arcanum. Journey will take the

player to unimagined realms of suspense, terror and excitement by using the Half

Life 2 engine to make bring to life the mysterious world beneath Arcanum come

to life. Whether he is beset by one of the many groups out to control the metal and

recruit him to their cause, or is confronting some ancient civilization, the player

will have to decide on whose side he is fighting.

Tim Cain interview: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=8416

It is known that Arcanum’s sequel, Journey to the Center of Arcanum, was supposed to be a first person game using the Source engine and eventually led to Bloodlines. Can you tell us more about the plans Troika had for the project? Are there any details you can share about the setting, story or gameplay you wanted the sequel to have?

The sequel was based loosely on Jules Verne's A Journey to the Center of the Earth, where we planned to continue the adventures of the great explorer Franklin Payne. He has disappeared into the bowels of the earth, and his wife has hired you to find him. We had laid out most the storyline, and it included finding prehistoric monsters, subterranean humanoids, and most thrilling of all, a clue about how magic and tech can be reconciled in the same artifact, something that most learned people had believed to be impossible. Of course, none of this came to be, but our talks about using the Source engine led to our making Vampire: Bloodlines.

Aenra

Was wondering if you've changed at all Drog..i guess i now know :)
Regardless, my thanks for your mods. Many thanks.

:philoso: If he stays around this time, can we still say "what's up Drog" to randoms? It's important to maintain Tradition

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, we'll try to reach out to Tim and see what we can learn about this.

BTW, how do we even know about Journey to the Center of Arcanum? A Google search doesn't reveal any obvious article where its existence was originally revealed. I take it was some forum chatter with the Troika devs?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
In spite of everything, Drog, you're still a bro.

Off to replay Arcanum again.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Yeah cheers for mods Drog, your a man o means, don't like sound o Arcanum on Source but there you go, still shame it dint happen.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Yeah, and Fallout 4 sold 1.2 million copies on Steam in its first 24 hours of release. Funny how the times have changed.

That's why I think this piece of history is so interesting. Ol' Tim and his band of jolly developers really looked like kids playing with wooden blocks back then. Most of the pitch is way too naive and bizarre.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom