Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News JoWooD working on Gothic 4?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
G3 was EASILY the best of the series. The earlier two were overrated messes with potential. G3 got it closer to being a playable game. G4 would have been, hopefully, even better. Ah well.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Role-Player said:
It seems soon after <a <blockquote>JoWooD Productions has talked to possible developing studios for Gothic 4 on PC & consoles for many weeks now. The focus on picking a developing studio is high quality standard and bugfree coding... JoWood is focusing on the console market...</blockquote>Gothic and console market in the same sentence. Wow. I don't think this could get worse.

Gothic and bug-free in one sentence. I don't think it could get any more unrealistic.

Mr. Teatime

Liturgist
I was still hoping vaguely for a patch to make G3 run properly on my machine without dying due to a memory leak.

As for the consoles, not a big argument in itself really, I thought PB always said they'd like to put G3 on consoles if they could. Might have given them the cash they needed to make the games work properly (or might have made the interface awul and simplified the game, admitedly). But yeah, console development plus publisher shipping the licence out = bad.

Nedrah

Erudite
Volourn said:
G3 was EASILY the best of the series. The earlier two were overrated messes with potential. G3 got it closer to being a playable game. G4 would have been, hopefully, even better. Ah well.

I have no idea what games you are refering to, but if you truly prefer g3 to 1+2 with the expansion, you're either fucking retarded or you gave up on them within the first 30 minutes. Ok, maybe you just happen to have a totally different taste - but all the dumbfuckery aside, you seem to be rather insightfull as far as liking the actually pretty decent Bioware games like BG2 or KOTOR goes.

Volourn said:

Gothic II Gold has been patched pretty well up to this point, so trying to brush it off as a mess in favor of Gothic 3 is pure hypocrisy. The only way I can see anyone preferring Gothic 3 to Gothic II is if that person was looking for an RPG to reinforce their hate for Oblivion. Both games were released relatively close to one another, and both were equally craptastic. Gothic 3's combat system managed to involve even more hack & slash than Oblivion, and had me clicking RMB through my desk.

Oarfish

Prophet
Legion said:
and had me clicking RMB through my desk.

Whoah, you needed to right click? I just left clicked my way though to the demon and castle, where upon I got bored and gave up.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, I managed to left-click through the demon as a really low level character (my sidekick took care of a few skeletons, though.). Afterwards I always thought it was strange when a bloodfly pwnd me.

Oarfish said:
Legion said:
and had me clicking RMB through my desk.

Whoah, you needed to right click? I just left clicked my way though to the demon and castle, where upon I got bored and gave up.

I used whichever MB controlled the quick thrust attack the most. Every time I used a heavy or charged swing, I'd get stun locked real quick, so I resorted to furiously mashing my mouse until my hand couldn't take it anymore. Oh yeah, the demon of Golgotha was another unfinished animation, and could easily be killed by filling him with arrows from the doorway (he refused to go any further than this point).

Elias_Maluco

Novice
Im still wating for a proper patch to try Gothic 3 again. That means I should stop waiting, right?

Fez

Erudite
I was waiting too, but I think we may as well give up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom