Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

JRPG OST thread

Sigourn

uooh afficionado

Jinn

Arcane
This isn't technically a JRPG soundtrack, but I feel the need to share it with others because of how simply beautiful it is. It's a work of Yasunori Mitsuda's (of Chrono Trigger and Xenogears fame) he did as a companion piece for his friend Masato Kato's story Five Seasons of Kirite. It's so goddamn good, and I want everyone to know about it even 16 years late. Please give it a good listen. It is amazing.

I time-stamped this at the second song just so the wary might be drawn in, but the first song is fantastic too. The whole album is worth listening to.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
This isn't technically a JRPG soundtrack, but I feel the need to share it with others because of how simply beautiful it is. It's a work of Yasunori Mitsuda's (of Chrono Trigger and Xenogears fame) he did as a companion piece for his friend Masato Kato's story Five Seasons of Kirite. It's so goddamn good, and I want everyone to know about it even 16 years late. Please give it a good listen. It is amazing.

Damn goes to show how important music is for JRPGs.
I am listenting to the market theme, and I get an overwhelming urge to buy a copper cuirass and a shortsword and go stab some slimes.

Casual Hero

Augur
Thank, Jinn. Wow.

This one isn't quite a jRPG, but close enough. The opening theme is incredible.

Digimon

Educated
Tales of Legendia might be considered one of the black sheeps of the series, but boy does it have a great soundtrack, just to give a few examples:

Digimon

Educated
This is from a jrpg(?) called ‘Sigma Harmonics’.

Have you guys heard of this game? I personally haven’t but i did have listened to some of its OST and found them pretty unique and cool. ( If you guys did have had some experience playing this or some opinion about it, i would appreciate it if you share them with us).

*This one is probably my favorite from this bunch, ‘Gentle Timbre’:

Kinda like a different version of the one above:

Battle themes(?):

Nice little tune involving ticking sounds from a clock:

Puukko

Arcane

I time-stamped this at the second song just so the wary might be drawn in, but the first song is fantastic too. The whole album is worth listening to.

Unavailable...

Jinn

Arcane
Unavailable...

Oh goddamnit. It must have been taken down in the past few days. Can't imagine why. Anyway, the album name is Kirite, and I encourage you to acquire it by any means. If you are having trouble on that front, feel free to PM me...

Dycedarg

Learned
YS games are known to have excellent soundtracks for a reason. Here's the one from Oath in Felghana:

And here's a suikoden song I really enjoy:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom