Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just finished PS:T, have questions *SPOILERS*

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I just finished PS:T and I think the story was just fascinating. Right now I think that was the best plot I've EVER seen in a RPG (even better and more challenging than Arcanum). Perhaps this will change after a few hours sleep, but heck - this is definitely a game I will play a few more times, just to check those other factions / quests / moral decisions... But I have a few quesitons:

1. Just before leaving for the Fortress of Regrets, I had I think 12th level (or 13th). Ignus wasn't even able to cast 8 level spells. Is it a sign that I missed something big, or is it just the effect that I sneaked through many dangerous places like Baator, thus sometimes avoiding exp-giving combat? (I didn't finish Modron's Cube because I got bored in the random dungeon; but I don't believe it would make a big change in exp.)
2. There was one deva named Trias, whom I confronted in Curst. I was attempting at 'true neutral' alignment and killed him (to balance the scales). He screamed something about a daemon being unleashed and disappeared. Everything became darker and there was NO portal to Sigil! Is it a bug? I returned to Curst and searched all around the place, but it seemed I was stuck. Is it the way the game punished me for killing the deva? (I can't believe it; it's too good a game to do that). Anyway, I loaded my savegame, let deva live, and voila - the portal to Sigil appeared. So please tell me if it's possible to kill deva and return to Sigil - I will do that my second time through.

And the last movie sequence with me going to battle with Deionarra asking The Riddle in the background was just wonderful...

Yeah, I loved it, too.

Your level is kind of weird, I remember being 16th level or so by the time I tackled Trias. Maybe you did miss some combats, but I thought you got more story XP, too. Then again I sometimes have a bad habit of killing 1000 or so Abashai in the Hive. :wink:

I've killed Trias and finished the game before, I guess you hit a bug of some kind.

Rayt

Liturgist
Elwro said:
I just finished PS:T and I think the story was just fascinating. Right now I think that was the best plot I've EVER seen in a RPG (even better and more challenging than Arcanum). Perhaps this will change after a few hours sleep, but heck - this is definitely a game I will play a few more times, just to check those other factions / quests / moral decisions... But I have a few quesitons:

1. Just before leaving for the Fortress of Regrets, I had I think 12th level (or 13th). Ignus wasn't even able to cast 8 level spells. Is it a sign that I missed something big, or is it just the effect that I sneaked through many dangerous places like Baator, thus sometimes avoiding exp-giving combat? (I didn't finish Modron's Cube because I got bored in the random dungeon; but I don't believe it would make a big change in exp.)

Maybe...monster killing does give you experience but by far the most experience you get for solving quests, especially if you have a high wisdom.

Though there are exceptions:

*minor spoiler*

If you enter Curst Gone (when you come back from Baator) in the lower left corner there will be the fiend of the Moridor Box (provided if you accepted the box from Mar in the Hive,or so I've read...for some reason I always encountered him) He's insanely though but he gives you a whopping 500,000 exp points and an amazing ring. So sneaking and running through maps without checking everything out can be in your disadvantage.

2. There was one deva named Trias, whom I confronted in Curst. I was attempting at 'true neutral' alignment and killed him (to balance the scales). He screamed something about a daemon being unleashed and disappeared. Everything became darker and there was NO portal to Sigil! Is it a bug? I returned to Curst and searched all around the place, but it seemed I was stuck. Is it the way the game punished me for killing the deva? (I can't believe it; it's too good a game to do that). Anyway, I loaded my savegame, let deva live, and voila - the portal to Sigil appeared. So please tell me if it's possible to kill deva and return to Sigil - I will do that my second time through.

It should be possible. Did you kill him before or after he explained all the stuff about the Fortres of Regrets? If you do it after he explains everything you shouldn't encounter any problems afaik. When you have Vhailor in your party he slays the deva anyway after you're done talking, so I guess it shouldn't matter if you do it.

Do you have the patch installed?

Spazmo

Erudite
There are a few endings, mostly based on how you die. I just offed myself with the Blade of the Immortal and thus just got a quick animation of the Transcendent One being destroyed. You can also talk the Transcendent One into rejoining you and then die or go on living, you can directly destroy the Transcendent One through force of arms and spells and, apparently, you can go fight the Blood War.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Rayt said:
Maybe...monster killing does give you experience but by far the most experience you get for solving quests, especially if you have a high wisdom.
Ohh, nostalgia kicks back in. I really liked the fact that intelligence and especially wisdom affected the game so much. Apart from gaining more experience with high wisdom you also were able to recover far more memories.

Elwro, what's Morte's Litany of Curses level? It increases the more you insult Morte or expose him to insults from others. Pretty neat, although I seem to remember your alignment shifted slightly towards chaotic doing this.

Sabotai

Liturgist
DrattedTin said:
The only non "bloodwar" one is the kill yourself ending.
If I remember correctly, there were about 8 different dialogue choices resulting in 3 major endings (kill/unmake yourself, kill/unmake TO, and merge). I unmade myself with my will. You need at least wisdom of 23 to do this.

You can also threaten The Transcendent One to unmake yourself and then merge.

Jora

Arcane
I found this list just before I saw this topic! :D

Merge with TTO:
1. Threaten him with the "Blade of the Immortal."
2. Threaten to unmake yourself with your will (min. WIS of 24).
3. Threaten him with your true name (must have used the Bronze Sphere).
4. Convince him things will be ok if you merge (min. CHA of 24).

Kill yourself:
1. Use the "Blade of the Immortal."
2. Unmake yourself with your will (min. WIS of 24).

Kill TTO:
1. Kill him by normal combat alone.
2. Resurrect one of your companions while talking to him. Pick Morte first as he is not really dead, then you can pick someone else too.
3. Resurrect all your party members by tricking him to go check the Shadows (need to have found the "Sounding Stone" in the room with the crystal).

Here is the link: http://forums.interplay.com/viewtopic.php?t=23874

Sabotai

Liturgist
Jora,
Maybe a bit off topic, but what the hell. I got a question for you, since I saw you mentioning Fatherdale in one of your posts.

Do you have any info on development progress or a possible release date on Fatherdale. To me this game sounds really interesting. I visited RPGDot and the German and Dutch sites, who supposedly had interviews and info on this game, but there isn't much recent info. It's like the project was cancelled. I tried visiting the Snowball forums for the latest gossip, but they were in Russian only.

Jora

Arcane
Sabotai:

Sorry, but I have not seen any updates or news in a long time. :(

However, I used Altavista's translation feature to translate some of the text on the official Russian site:

Q: But why site is not renewed?
A:At the current moment/torque the command does not have free resources/lifetimes for its development?all are occupied with work on the completion of project
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

All we can do is hope that the project is not cancelled. :(

Sabotai

Liturgist
Spatzieba, Jora

Q: But why site is not renewed?
A:At the current moment/torque the command does not have free resources/lifetimes for its development?all are occupied with work on the completion of project
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Hopefully they only mean they don't have resources for developing an update of the website and I sincerely hope the project (....) they are mentioning here is Fatherdale.

Elwro

Arcane
If you threaten the Transcendent One with your Blade of the Immortal, which is what I did, you see an animation of the guy merging with you, and then a sequence about the Blood War; that was absolutely great...
If you kill yourself, you only see the first of the two abovementioned movies.
I dunno what happens if you kill him by force.

EDIT:
I have a limited knowledge of Russian. Can anyone point me to the text you've quoted earlier?

BTW, I'm also waiting for Fatherdale with high expectations.

Jora

Arcane
Elwro said:
I have a limited knowledge of Russian. Can anyone point me to the text you've quoted earlier?

http://www.snowball.ru/fatherdale/?mode=main&lang=rus

"Этот вопрос и многие схожие нам задают каждый день. Ниже вы найдете краткие ответы на наиболее важные из них.

В: А игра выйдет?

О: Да.

В: А когда?

О: Это зависит от издателей игры в других странах. Чтобы проект состоялся с финансовой точки зрения, нам необходимо обеспечить схожую дату выхода на всех основных рынках. На текущий момент назвать какой-то конкретный срок мы не можем. Из всех версий, который выйдут (по последним подсчетам таких 11), русская и немецкая будут первыми.

В: А почему сайт не обновляется?

О: На текущий момент у команды нет свободных ресурсов на его развитие — все заняты работой по завершению проекта.

В: А над чем вы сейчас работаете?

О: Над балансировкой ролевых параметров персонажей и предметов"

Elwro

Arcane
"People keep asking us this and many other questions every day. Here you will find the answers to the most common of them:

Q: Will the game be published?
A: Yes.

Q: But when?
A: It depends from the publisher and second parties [is that correct English?]. From the financial point of view on the project, we must keep the date of publishing the game on all markets secret. At this moment we can't give you any dates. Of all the language versions (when we last counted, there were 11 of them), the Russian and German will come out first.

Q: But why don't you update the site?
A: Right now our team doesn't have the resources needed to do that; we are all working on finishing our project.

Q: What exactly are you working on now?
A: On balancing the main attributes [parameters?] of the characters and items"

Did my best, I hope I didn't make (m)any serious mistakes.

So there will be many language versions! Fine, I expect that the Polish one will be out before the English one.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Chapeau Elwro.

Excellent news as I hoped. All their resources are into finishing the product and not in updating the website. Saint_P, any chance of getting some info on this game for RPGCodex?

I hope they don't waste resources on a Dutch version. Haven't seen any game which was moderately decent translated into Dutch. Not to mention the horrible, horrible Dutch voice acting. Most people in my country buy an English version anyway.
Was learning Russian mandatory in school for you? I got quite a few Polish friends (assuming you are Polish) who all know Russian, but dislike speaking Russian because of the somewhat strained Russian-Polish relationship in the past.

Elwro

Arcane
Sabotai said:
Was learning Russian mandatory in school for you? I got quite a few Polish friends (assuming you are Polish) who all know Russian, but dislike speaking Russian because of the somewhat strained Russian-Polish relationship in the past.
It seems that your friends are older than me. I'm 21 now and I started going to school in 1989, right after the Big Bang in my country. [I tried hard to play all the good CRPGs of the 80s, though.] No one learned Russian in my primary school, but for some of my friends from other schools things were different; I think they could choose between Russian, English and German languages. In secondary school I had a wide selection of languages to choose from, including Russian. I had to take two, but it was English and German.
I have always appreciated Russian literature, so when I started studying I took a course in the Russian language. I only attended it for one year; I don't have time now (beginning a second faculty).
I'm still old enough to remember the communism era. But I like the sound of the language and the funny letters :).
But I think EVERY Pole aged about 28+ HAD to learn Russian at school (and few really wanted to). First in primary school, than in secondary. Almost all the people I know, including my parents, do not speak highly of their Russian language teachers. No surprise people don't like something they were forced to learn for 8 years usually against their will.

Zetor

Arcane
At the risk of derailing the thread-- aw, who the smeg am I kidding? :P

What Elwro said is true for every E-European country out there, with the exception that in Hungary you had to start studying Russian at a very young age [I'm 22 and I barely started studying Russian in '88 or so]. It was funny -- one day we were going through the Russki alphabet and the following day *poof*. I remember us asking the teacher what was up with the Russian classes [though we didn't mind spending it at the school playground], but she didn't really clarify, other than "politics". 'Sides, Russian looked like a super-cool language at the time, with the Nu Pakagi cartoon (aka commie rabbit outsmarts the big stupid capitalist wolf) and all.

konec filma,

-- Z.

Sabotai

Liturgist
Constipated Craprunner said:
As long as we are off topic, one of my testicles is larger than the other, and we set our cat to sleep a few years ago.
I also have three warts on me left foot.
Well CC, I would have thought that you with your self-proclaimed historical interest and with a German poem as your sig would find this stuff fascinating.

Elwro

Arcane
Zetor said:
'Sides, Russian looked like a super-cool language at the time, with the Nu Pakagi cartoon (aka commie rabbit outsmarts the big stupid capitalist wolf) and all.
Nu Pagadi, IIRC. Of course we didn't get the political message, but me & my friends were always with the wolf :). It was way better than Tom & Jerry etc (which we've started watching a few years after), more funny in the "ridiculous because it's crappy" department.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom