Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kalypso HD remasters of Commandos 2 and Praetorians

sser

Arcane
Developer
Praetorians. Iconic masterpiece? :nocountryforshitposters:

I hope one day to actually look like :nocountryforshitposters: so I can properly :nocountryforshitposters: at all these fucking HD remakes.

probably buy Commandos 2 tho

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They're doing the HoMM3 Remake screenshot resolution comparison thing all over again. Commandos 2 didn't look that pixelated.
Ahh,memories are a hazy thing. I too remember some old games to be not that pixelized,but they are. Also i do magical ability to not care and just get used to it,even if it is 5 colourful pixels :).

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
They're doing the HoMM3 Remake screenshot resolution comparison thing all over again. Commandos 2 didn't look that pixelated.
Ahh,memories are a hazy thing. I too remember some old games to be not that pixelized,but they are. Also i do magical ability to not care and just get used to it,even if it is 5 colourful pixels :).

Actually it might be just the fact that you rarely actually see the models that close - basically only during cut scenes. If you play the game on max resolution, the camera is zoomed way back and the models don't look pixelated at all.

Hellion

Arcane
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1100410/discussions/0/3047183177935977400/

there will only be one version of Commandos 2 HD Remaster internationally, and it will not incorporate any symbols, portraits, speeches or other assets that could break the law in many countries.
As a company, we are obliged to adhere to the law, but we want our users to have the best experience with our games without causing potential delays or even being banned in certain countries.

Therefore, we have decided on this course of action so that we will not be forced to split up groups of players or be unable to provide the game to specific regions at all.

-cheers

Rodcocker

Arbiter
Just from that video alone, it is clear how much character and theme is sapped out of the game because of this decision.

I'm out.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Meh commandos 2 doesn't really need an HD remaster,it is fine without it. Now the first commandos could do with a modern version,will be nice to add a few good things from the second game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1100410/announcements/detail/1687096220428225291

Quick status update on Commandos 2 - HD Remaster

Commandos!
First of all, we want to thank you for your ongoing passion, dedication and support.
Therefore, please be always assured, we are reading all your feedback, every comment, every review.

Even though we simply cannot get back to every single post that has been and will be made, we wanted to tell everybody, that we appreciate and welcome all constructive feedback.

We are reading all feedback, reports, suggestions and ideas submitted by players since launch. We can’t yet say which changes will be implemented but we’ve seen where to start and prioritized the following topics, which have been frequently raised with the community, in the lead-up to the game’s next update.

General bugfixing and further game improvements, based on all your feedback
General performance improvements and optimizations.
More zooming out levels added.
Minimap Navigation will be added.

In future releases we are planning to release controller support, too.

Therefore, if you might run into any kind of bugs, please report them so that we can get them sorted.
To do so, simply head over to our community forum: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1100410/discussions/

Sincerely
Yippee! Entertainment and Kalypso Media

newtmonkey

Arcane
We want everyone to have the ability to exercise their God-given right to consume product, so we have ruined it for everyone. Also, it's broken. Remember to continue to consume product without question, thanks!

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay, so can anyone tell me if this is worth it all to get? Because to my dismay I found that I never got the original C2 on GOG and now the only available version is the HD remaster which apparently kinda sucks according to GOG reviews?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1100410/view/1687096220436297208

First quick fix for Commandos 2 HD Remaster includes mouse zooming and more
Commandos!

Thanks again for all your constructive feedback, it’s really helpful. Much obliged!

Thanks to your great support we can announce a first set of fixes that we have applied to Commandos 2 HD Remaster. This new fix updates the game to v1.05.

Here’s the changelog:
  • Added: First implementation of camera zoom with the mouse wheel. This is a work-in- progress feature but already makes a substantial difference to the gameplay experience
  • Added: Steam Cloud support has been activated
  • Improved: Russian text visibility improved
  • Improved: More readable game save confirmation
  • Fixed: Issue where the tutorial would result in skipping the first mission
  • Fixed: Issue where smoke grenades would prevent Action Select Windows from being closed
  • Fixed: Issue with incorrect display of gate textures
  • Fixed: Molotov Cocktail can now be thrown through windows
  • Fixed: Game no longer freezes when clicking on objective diary
  • Fixed: 3D Character models are now visible on the 2nd and 3rd floor of the Eiffel tower
We would very much appreciate your further feedback on these fixes and improvements, especially with the new camera zoom.

We will continue to add new fixes to the game in the coming days and will keep you updated on our progress. First and foremost, we are concentrating on improving the game’s performance and the most frequently reported bugs from the community.

As always, our heartfelt thanks for your support!

Yippie! Entertainment x Kalypso Media

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1100410/view/1694978169188682366

Second update (v1.08) of Commandos – HD Remaster released
Commandos,

Thank you for your feedback so far. We’ve been hard at work on the next patch and we’re excited to share the details with you below.

Commandos 2 HD Remaster Patch v1.08

Fixes:

- Fixed dead enemies sometimes appearing in a standing position while the Notebook is in use
- Fixed Driver’s skills – Driver can now throw Molotov Cocktails and dig holes correctly
- Fixed visual artifacting at furthest zoom level
- Fixed issue where enemies could stack into each other or other objects during missions
- Fixed load game slots on ‘Mission Failed’ screen
- Fixed a few minor graphical issues
- Fixed an issue where game goes into soft-lock after player hits a patrolman during the mission ‘Castle Colditz’
- Fixed landing position of Molotov Cocktails and Smoke Grenades
- Fixed Sniper Rifle crosshair not showing through windows
- Fixed general localization bugs

Added:

- Added minimap navigation – players can now interact with minimap to change camera
- position
- Optimized view cones
- Further optimization made to framerate
- Enabled cloud saves on Steam
- Added trading cards to Steam
- Please continue sending your feedback. Every message helps us hunt down things that need to be addressed and makes the game be the best it can be.

Thanks again for your support!

Yippee Entertainment x Kalypso Media

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1100410/view/1694978790240127239

Quick-Fix (v1.09) for Commandos 2 – HD Remaster released
Commandos,

Once again, thank you for your feedback so far.

We’ve been hard at work improving the game and we’re delighted to announce another quick-fix, launching today. This focuses on one major issue reported by users: ‘infinite loading time after saving’.

Check out the list below for more details.

Fixes:
  • Fixed: Flamethrower no longer goes through walls (it bounces).
  • Fixed: Saved game issues reported by some users have been fixed - please note,
    some saved games MIGHT still be corrupted but new saves will no longer have this issue.
  • Fixed: Enemy view-cones will now correctly display over water.
Added
  • Added: Footprints! When a commando walks on snow or sand, footprints are now clearly visible for a short time.
Thank you again for your ongoing support and please do feel free to continue sending through your feedback.

Yippee Entertainment & Kalypso Media

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1100410/view/1696105958623473814

Third Update (v.1.10) for Commandos 2 - HD Remaster released
Commandos,

Once again, thank you for your feedback so far. We’ve been hard at work improving the game and we’re delighted to announce patch v.1.10, launching today.

This focuses on two major issues reported by users: 'heavy performance drop' and ‘sound disappearing after loading’.

Check out the list below for more details:

• Fixed: Overall performance is highly improved. Further improvement is ongoing.
• Fixed: Issue where sound would disappear after loading a save game.
• Fixed: Performance issues in “Castle Colditz” and “Is Paris Burning?” missions.
• Fixed: Cursor now displayed correctly in building interiors.
• Fixed: Lama and Gurkha now use rope ladders correctly.
• Fixed: Amount of sleeping pills in inventory is now correctly displayed.
• Fixed: Readability of font used in the notebook while playing in Polish.
• Fixed: Minor spelling and grammatical issues with in-game texts.
• General improvements to gameplay, visuals and masking.
• Additional bug fixes and polishing.

Thank you again for your ongoing support and please do feel free to continue sending through your feedback.

Yippee Entertainment & Kalypso Media
C2Star

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1100410/view/1697233123957423629

A new update (v1.11) for Commandos 2 - HD Remaster has been released!
Commandos,

Thanks again for your feedback thus far.
We’ve been hard at work improving the game and we’re happy to today announce update v.1.11, which includes a handful of pesky bugs that we were able to track down and squash with the help of the community.

For a more comprehensive list, please feel free to check out the changelog below:
Bug fixes
  • Fixed: cursor offset from mouse pointer while zooming.
  • Fixed: dropped items weren’t visible until inventory was closed.
  • Fixed: player character was unresponsive when player cycled between multiple commandos while in a river
  • Fixed: after interacting with the notebook item, characters disappeared from the boat anchored off ‘Savo Island’
  • Fixed: enemies were visible through walls after loading a saved game
  • Fixed: added sound effects for land mine detonation
  • Fixed: orders erased when loading a saved game
  • Fixed: dead enemies appeared to stand in PiP
  • Fixed: noise indicator icon displayed in unusual spot while commandos are running
  • Fixed: pause menu elements overlapped at lower resolutions
  • Fixed: notebook links to ‘Tie & Gag’ and ‘Knock On A Wall’
  • Fixed: pathfinding was wrong for General NPC walking back to his office after player loaded a saved game during ‘Night of the Wolves’
  • Fixed: minor graphical issues with PiP when peeking through sewers
  • Fixed: zoom wouldn’t function from certain camera angles during Tutorial 2
  • Fixed: lowered music volume during mission briefings
  • Fixed: auto-fire was missing while playing ‘Saving Private Smith’
  • Fixed: skipping end scene would display ‘Skip’ text in results screen
  • Fixed: rope ladder for the Air Carrier in ‘Giant of Haiphong’ was displayed incorrectly
  • Fixed: Whiskey’s image was removed from the UI after being killed
  • Fixed: Natasha would call the General from an incorrect position if the player loaded a quick save
  • Fixed: spotlights lit incorrectly in ‘Night of the Wolves’
  • Fixed: characters were masked incorrectly near the waterfall in ‘Guns of Savo Island’
  • Fixed: enemy soldiers would get stuck inside beds when player was spotted
  • Fixed: Green Beret’s sitting animation was offset when driving a vehicle near the wall
  • Fixed: textures and enemies would flicker when player drove a vehicle in ‘Castle Colditz’
  • Fixed: lighting was incorrect after loading a saved game where player is underwater
  • Fixed: spy hole PiP appeared if player was peeking through a door and a saved game was loaded
  • Fixed: noise indicator icon would display on the exterior of a room even if a commando was running inside
  • Fixed: all health kits disappeared from the Green Beret's inventory when player tried to share with allies
  • Fixed: if an enemy killed Green Beret while he was in a vehicle, he appeared in a standing position
  • Fixed: commandos would fail to climb up/down using mechanical stairs due to offset marker position
  • Fixed: player character appeared in standing position after getting killed in the water
  • Fixed: commandos overlapped with each other if an objective PiP was invoked
  • Fixed: players could not zoom out during Bonus Mission 5
  • Fixed: animation for the Thief climbing onto and dismounting the elephant was missing in ‘Bridge Over River Kwai’
  • Fixed: player could use mouse wheel to zoom in and out while cut scenes were playing.
  • Fixed: player was able to replace poisoned wine bottle with sleeping pills in ‘Night of the Wolves’
  • Fixed: selecting a character via the keyboard instantly moved the camera
  • Fixed: changes made to 'Master volume' and 'Music volume' in audio settings were saved upon pressing ‘Esc’ key
Improvements and additions
  • Improved: players can now zoom out even further
  • Improved: improved animations for characters in the UI
    • Additonal work is still ongoing.

• Improved: general underwater effects
  • Added: tooltips on characters’ UI
  • General improvements to gameplay, visuals and masking
  • Additional bug fixing and polish

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Okay, so is that supposed to mean that the game is a pos and has a milllion issues or is that supposed to mean that hard working devs took care of all the issues by now?
thinking.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom