Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

tadhg

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
The 3 years worth of press releases conveniently laid out in a long-ass list and offered as a pdf or zip(?!?!) are pretty impressive though. Nothing says "We make you stand out from the crowd" like a huge table of press announcements that all look identical.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/08/pr-...ter-service-to-fledgling-studios/#more-356115

PR firm offering “Kickstarter Service” to fledgling studios​
Kickstarter can be a bit of a minefield for developers if they don’t orchestrate their campaign properly, or push out a naff product. San Francisco PR team Indie Developer Consulting has created a package that can help studios get the most out of their crowd-funding efforts.​

It’s not a free service however, although prices haven’t been made public as-yet. Some may argue that the money would be better spent on the campaign itself, but read the list of package features below and judge for yourself.​

IDC helps you with copywriting of text, pictures and incentives on your KickStarter project page.​
IDC writes, and sends out, an unlimited number of press releases during your campaign to the worldwide press to promote all updates on your project page, and to generate traffic and pledges for you.​
IDC contacts VIP press worldwide to get you exclusive developer interviews and special attention by press to hit the front-page news to generate traffic to your campaign websites, and other game-related websites you may have.​
IDC are available to you 7 days a week by phone, Skype and Email to consult and advise you on how to become successful in your campaign.​
IDC are available to you 7 days a week during the entire campaign to answer any questions you may have concerning your Business, PR, and Marketing needs​
IDC always provide you with their honest opinion about your chances of success, the quality of your project, and consults you on your studios short-term and long-term plans in the industry based on your existing portfolio and active campaign.​

So what do you think? Is this a potentially invaluable service for developers trying to make a name for themselves on Kickstarter, or is it unnecessary spending? Let us know below.​

I have a better idea. Take a month off and closely watch a Brian Fargo Kickstarter campaign from beginning to end. See how the crowd reacts to the updates. Take notes. You can even email Brian for a bit of advice.

Cost: $0

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
pFB1jV8.jpg

Holy shit, read the description for their "matchmaking service" reads like a Nigerian prince needs a bank account to move some money.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
DAT page... how can you sell PR consulting when you can't even design a proper homepage for your service? That shit looks like it's made on geocities...

Let's see... tables for formatting, not a lick of CSS or Javascript, and liberal use of deprecated HTML tags. Oh, and then there's this:
HTML:
<meta name="Generator" content="Stone's WebWriter 4">

Embarrassing.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/08/pr-...ter-service-to-fledgling-studios/#more-356115

PR firm offering “Kickstarter Service” to fledgling studios​
Kickstarter can be a bit of a minefield for developers if they don’t orchestrate their campaign properly, or push out a naff product. San Francisco PR team Indie Developer Consulting has created a package that can help studios get the most out of their crowd-funding efforts.​

It’s not a free service however, although prices haven’t been made public as-yet. Some may argue that the money would be better spent on the campaign itself, but read the list of package features below and judge for yourself.​

IDC helps you with copywriting of text, pictures and incentives on your KickStarter project page.​
IDC writes, and sends out, an unlimited number of press releases during your campaign to the worldwide press to promote all updates on your project page, and to generate traffic and pledges for you.​
IDC contacts VIP press worldwide to get you exclusive developer interviews and special attention by press to hit the front-page news to generate traffic to your campaign websites, and other game-related websites you may have.​
IDC are available to you 7 days a week by phone, Skype and Email to consult and advise you on how to become successful in your campaign.​
IDC are available to you 7 days a week during the entire campaign to answer any questions you may have concerning your Business, PR, and Marketing needs​
IDC always provide you with their honest opinion about your chances of success, the quality of your project, and consults you on your studios short-term and long-term plans in the industry based on your existing portfolio and active campaign.​

So what do you think? Is this a potentially invaluable service for developers trying to make a name for themselves on Kickstarter, or is it unnecessary spending? Let us know below.​

I have a better idea. Take a month off and closely watch a Brian Fargo Kickstarter campaign from beginning to end. See how the crowd reacts to the updates. Take notes. You can even email Brian for a bit of advice.

Cost: $0
Watch all you want but if the media ignores you, your campaign will never even get off the ground. This is what these PR companies offer and ask money for.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
For anyone wanting KS consulting, I am pretty fucking good.

$100, one-time fee, and I'll do the following:
  • Tell everybody your game is shit and start a thread on the codex about it, with pictures ridiculing your game -- and your person!
  • Insult people in your update comments -- playing dota for 6 years have given me quite an imaginative vocabulary. Show the world you have a vibrant and dynamic community!
  • Increase your number of pledgers -- your total amount of backers is guaranteed to go up by 1 (ONE), as I promise to pledge $1! For an additional cost of $10, I can get a friend to pledge $1 as well!
Zed's Krazy Kickstarter Konsulting! Fuck you! Call now!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Watch all you want but if the media ignores you, your campaign will never even get off the ground. This is what these PR companies offer and ask money for.

Sure, but you can get a PR firm to contact the media without having to pay extra for their bullshit campaign advice.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
If I have to guess, I'd say that the campaign advice is free with the purchase. I mean, I doubt that they would give you a discount if you say I don't need the advice, just contact the media for me.

Rake

Arcane
:lol:
At least at 10.000 you will attent a better party than inXile's.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Must be seen to be believed: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/designmogul/design-mogul

Game designer/fashion model: "I've played everything from Mario to FarmVille."
Those are some fine-ass bitches in that office!

This could lead to some top quality drama if the feminists and white-knights catch word of it. Half of them will thoughtlessly back any game that's "made" by a team with lots of women, the other will rant on how fashion sexualizes and objectifies women for male pleasure.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems legit. Pledged.

Congratulations!​

You're a backer of​
Design Mogul​
by Jackabee Inc.​

Pledge Summary​
AMOUNT PLEDGED​
$20.00​
REWARD​
EARLY BACKER: For early backers ONLY! Digital dowloadable copy DRM-free of Design Mogul for MAC or PC with extended levels and our 3D-Clothing Design Companion Application. This low price only available for those who help fund first. Get an exclusive early release of the final version to play before anyone else! Your name will appear as an "EARLY BACKER" in the game credits.​
ESTIMATED DELIVERY​
Sep 2013​

If this project is successfully funded, your card will be charged on:​
WEDNESDAY MAY 8, 09:43AM EDT​
When your reward is ready, Jackabee Inc. will send you a survey via email to request any info needed to deliver your reward (mailing address, t-shirt size, etc).​

kaizoku

Arcane
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/?ref=kicktraq
Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It's a hot mashup of new and old that may remind you of Mega Man, Castlevania, or Dark Souls!

17de148a9f79448fe4f7f0d2aadd7d9c_large.gif

9384ec966d537813bfaf45a1f7de1c93_large.png

Already funded and 3 days to go.
Will be saving this on the "remind me" and probably buy it when it comes out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-0?ref=users

CONSORTIUM is a first-person story and character-based role-playing shooter set in an interactive world defined by your choices.

Rather than endlessly exploring a huge, expansive and ultimately static world, you’ll find yourself within a dynamic, bustling, interactive and alive micro-environment: the Consortium Command Vessel, C-3800-D "ZENLIL."

"I thought the writing was top-notch, as well as the voice acting....I was enjoying the story, and I was curious to see where it was going. You certainly had me hooked!"

- Timothy Cain @ Obsidian Entertainment. Senior Programmer on Project Eternity,after having played CONSORTIUM.

How replayable will Consortium be?

Very. One of the most important game design aspects of Consortium has always been replayability. Every time you speak to someone there are enough different branches and choices that you can hold the "same conversation" multiple times, and still be surprised by the different paths you can take and the different information you can learn. There are also many parts through the story where your actions or inaction will effectively cause 'ripples' throughout the rest of the game, with new conversations, scenes, attitudes, and outright plot-lines opening up because of it.

These guys had already tried KS but failed. Now they're at 97% with 7 days to go.
They call it RPG but it looks more like an FP adventure with FPS combat.
Has 2 gameplay modes: story gamer & action gamer.
Maybe it will be a good storyfag game.
Soule is the music composer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom