Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Kz3r0

Arcane
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yachtclubgames/shovel-knight/?ref=kicktraq
Shovel Knight is a sweeping classic action adventure game with awesome gameplay, memorable characters, and an 8-bit retro aesthetic. It's a hot mashup of new and old that may remind you of Mega Man, Castlevania, or Dark Souls!

17de148a9f79448fe4f7f0d2aadd7d9c_large.gif

9384ec966d537813bfaf45a1f7de1c93_large.png

Already funded and 3 days to go.
Will be saving this on the "remind me" and probably buy it when it comes out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-0?ref=users

CONSORTIUM is a first-person story and character-based role-playing shooter set in an interactive world defined by your choices.

Rather than endlessly exploring a huge, expansive and ultimately static world, you’ll find yourself within a dynamic, bustling, interactive and alive micro-environment: the Consortium Command Vessel, C-3800-D "ZENLIL."

"I thought the writing was top-notch, as well as the voice acting....I was enjoying the story, and I was curious to see where it was going. You certainly had me hooked!"

- Timothy Cain @ Obsidian Entertainment. Senior Programmer on Project Eternity,after having played CONSORTIUM.

How replayable will Consortium be?

Very. One of the most important game design aspects of Consortium has always been replayability. Every time you speak to someone there are enough different branches and choices that you can hold the "same conversation" multiple times, and still be surprised by the different paths you can take and the different information you can learn. There are also many parts through the story where your actions or inaction will effectively cause 'ripples' throughout the rest of the game, with new conversations, scenes, attitudes, and outright plot-lines opening up because of it.

These guys had already tried KS but failed. Now they're at 97% with 7 days to go.
They call it RPG but it looks more like an FP adventure with FPS combat.
Has 2 gameplay modes: story gamer & action gamer.
Maybe it will be a good storyfag game.
Soule is the music composer.
Already added.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Kz3r0

Arcane
Here the list of all the released videogames listed in the OP, the judgement on their quality is left to the viewer:

Akaneiro: Demon Hunters
Alcarys Complex - Story-Driven Action JRPG
Among the Sleep
Atari 2600 Star Castle
Battle of the Bulge: the simulation game for the iPad
Battle Worlds: Kronos
Boot Hill Heroes
Broken Sword - the Serpent's Curse Adventure
Carmageddon: Reincarnation
CHEETAHMEN II : THE LOST LEVELS
City Conquest: Tower Defense Evolved

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Chuck's Challenge 3D
Cloudberry Kingdom
College-Ruled Universe
Conclave
CONSORTIUM
Crayon Chronicles
CreaVures
[URL='http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dead-state-thread-early-access-now-available.72705/']Dead State: The Zombie Survival RPG
[/URL]
Divinity: Original Sin
Eterium
Expeditions: Conquistador
Infinite Space 3: Sea of Stars

Faster Than Light
FORCED
Giana Project
Grim Dawn
Guns of Icarus Online

Escape from Zombie U
Humans Must Answer
Interstellar Marines: Prologue
Jane Jensen returns
Knock-knock
Legends Of Dawn
Leisure Suit Larry
Lilly Looking Through: An animated adventure game
"Loc" - Can You Escape?
Malevolence: The Sword of Ahkranox

Mercenary Kings
Nekro
Paper Sorcerer
Pinball Arcade: The Twilight Zone
Quest For Infamy - An Adventure Game By Infamous Quests
Rex Rocket
Our Darker Purpose
Resonance
Retrovirus
Ring Runner
Shadowrun Returns
Shovel Knight
Signal Ops
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
Spate
"Starcraft in a browser"
Strike Suit Zero
Super Motherload
Sword of the Stars: The Pit
Tales of Fallen London: The Silver Tree

Tales of Illyria
The Curse of Shadow House
The Dead Linger

The Tale of ALLTYNEX - Japan's Epic Shooting Game Trilogy!
Oculus Rift: Step Into the Game
OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console
Resurrect ADOM development
SolForge Digital Trading Card Gam
Spud's Quest
The Banner Saga
The Crystal Catacombs
Tim Schafer's Double Fine Classic Adventure
Unrest: An Unconventional RPG set in Ancient India
Valdis Story: Abyssal City
Void Destroyer
Volgarr the Viking
Wasteland 2
Windforge

Wings: Remastered Edition
Word Realms
Xenonauts

Last edited:
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Of the above I've played FTL, Giana Sisters, and Strike Suit Zero.

FTL is awesome, if a bit simplistic at times. You will die a lot.

Giana Sisters is quite cool platformer. I like that kind of games but suck terribly at them. The game is quite beautiful, but not Rayman-level.

SSZ sucks. It may not suck for you that much if you don't like Freespace, Independence War or even X series. It's a simplistic shooter, with a lot of bullet storm shit which works crappy with the chosen camera.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Another released game, this is from 2011:
A 2.5D sidescrolling action RPG for iOS devices that vividly depicts an epic retro-fantasy, sword and sorcery saga.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...f-blades-a-retrofantasy-adventure-for-ios-dev

Also:
Pledge $10 or more

33 backers

Receive a copy of God of Blades upon release!
One of our favorite games of 2012, God of Blades [$2.99], is on sale again. For a limited time, you can grab the super atmospheric, side-scrolling action game for $1.99 instead of its usual $2.99. Smell that? That's the smell of savings wafting into your noses, folks.
http://toucharcade.com/2013/01/31/god-of-blades-is-on-sale-again/

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
So Star Command is supposed to have been released on iOS? Anyone here play it yet?

Kz3r0

Arcane
I have added Chasm, people offering a DEMO should be rewarded, the new Road Rash has to await, I don't know how many people here are interested in it, and probably won't reach the goal.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Just for amusement: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/your-anon-news

Over the past two years Your Anon News (YAN) has been many things to many people and has continuously evolved under the guidance of numerous contributors. Since our humble beginnings as a new account we have always resisted being held to the constraints placed upon mainstream media outlets, but were limited to the tools available to us via Twitter and Tumblr. Those of us contributing to YAN have always desired to expand our capabilities and to report, not just aggregate, the news.​

Was only asking for $2,000. Now at $36,804 with 36 hours left.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/clickshake/a-small-favor-2d-side-scrolling-adventure-game

A Small Favor is a hand-drawn, 2D adventure that combines the gritty, futuristic adventure style of Full Throttle and Beneath a Steel Sky with the side scrolling sci-fi exploration of Another World (aka. Out Of This World). You play as an alien assassin (with a laser gun!) trying to escape the clutches of a dangerous gangster.

This new game is based on one of ClickShake’s most popular browser-based games (http://www.clickshakegames.com/games/small-favor/a-small-favor.php). Using the browser version as a starting point, we’re creating an expanded storyline, improved artwork and hours of new gameplay. The completed game will be released as a DRM-free download for PC and Mac.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I can't wait for the chapter where he talks about how the film grain in Mass Effect changed his perceptions of what is possible in an RPG.

Kz3r0

Arcane
An interesting piece from Forbes:
On April 1st, 2013, Kickstarter released a “tax guide” for project creators that will lead thousands of creatives to fall under IRS tax audits as well as their contributors. The tax guide started with the best intentions, but the execution is beyond wrong. This is a WARNING to all Kickstarter creators and contributors to be very wary of taking any advice they provided.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/cameron...g-kickstarters-policies-cause-irs-tax-audits/
Must have been the date they have choose to publish that guide.

Kz3r0

Arcane
With the new development of publisher involvement in successful Kickstarters I have decide to create a dedicated section that in pure codexian spirit will be called:

PUBLISHER DRAMA

DISCLAIMER:
Drama is not always guaranteed.

Dodger Blue will be the color used for the links.
Here a handy thread summarizing some of the DRAMA.

Cloudberry Kingdom and Ubisoft
Expeditions: Conquistador and bitComposer
Shdowrun Returns and Microsoft
Obsidian and Paradox.
Oculus Rift and Facebook, yes you have read that correctly.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
From the you totally didn't see this coming department:

Save Homeworld campaign fails to secure the rights to the space RTS series

:M

Back in January interactive media firm teamPixel began a crowdsourced campaign to purchase the rights to Relic's space-themed RTS Homeworld, which it proposed making a mobile remake of and sequel to. Though the campaign met its funding goal, teamPixel was outbid at the auction for the series' rights following then-IP holder THQ's demise. As a result, all backers will be receiving refunds.​

"The auction for the Homeworld license ended April 15, 2013, and while we reached qualified bidder status for the bankruptcy auction, we were unable to raise the necessary funds to remain competitive against the other parties at the auction," wrote teamPixel in a Kickstarter update.​

So who is the new Homeworld owner? We don't know. TeamPixel suggests the new owner will be announced in the weeks ahead as the acquisition won't be final until around mid-May.​

This wasn't a complete failure for TeamPixel as it will be going forward with its own space RTS, but it won't be called Homeworld and will instead be a new IP. All backers from the Homeworld project will be rewarded for their efforts with a credit towards this upcoming Homeworld-esque RTS.​

Backers will be able to recoup their refunds through teamPixel's Save Homeworld campaign

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
From the you totally didn't see this coming department:

Save Homeworld campaign fails to secure the rights to the space RTS series

:M

Back in January interactive media firm teamPixel began a crowdsourced campaign to purchase the rights to Relic's space-themed RTS Homeworld, which it proposed making a mobile remake of and sequel to. Though the campaign met its funding goal, teamPixel was outbid at the auction for the series' rights following then-IP holder THQ's demise. As a result, all backers will be receiving refunds.​

"The auction for the Homeworld license ended April 15, 2013, and while we reached qualified bidder status for the bankruptcy auction, we were unable to raise the necessary funds to remain competitive against the other parties at the auction," wrote teamPixel in a Kickstarter update.​

So who is the new Homeworld owner? We don't know. TeamPixel suggests the new owner will be announced in the weeks ahead as the acquisition won't be final until around mid-May.​

This wasn't a complete failure for TeamPixel as it will be going forward with its own space RTS, but it won't be called Homeworld and will instead be a new IP. All backers from the Homeworld project will be rewarded for their efforts with a credit towards this upcoming Homeworld-esque RTS.​

Backers will be able to recoup their refunds through teamPixel's Save Homeworld campaign

They really thought they could get Homeworld license for 50k? Haha ow wow! I can't believe they found over 1300 idiots to give them money but at least they're supposedly giving refunds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom