Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Oh.

Then everything is fine.

buzz

Arcane
Kz3r0 The Tangiers developer has posted gameplay videos, I think that puts it above many other projects by default.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Woman invents child cancer victims to scam IndieGogo

http://www.dailydot.com/crime/child-cancer-crowdsource-scam/

Nolan, who lives with an aunt, claimed she didn't understand her actions were fraudulent and claimed she was "developmentally delayed." Her aunt claimed she had a learning disability that had not officially been diagnosed, and her mothers' Social Security disability application on Nolan's behalf was rejected because she did not qualify.

:retarded:

kaizoku

Arcane
Apparently there was KS for a life sized hologram product.
I think this was the pitch video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF83SjtsDgk

The funny thing is that the KS was suspended because it had clips of some blockbuster movies.
http://www.kickstarter.com/dmca/holovision-a-life-size-hologram-submitted-by-hollywood-pictures

Description of copyrighted material: To whom It may concern, Whomever owns or works for Kickstarter really needs to do a better job of actually reading and fact checking each new project that is green lite by Kickstarter themselves. It has come to my attention that an employee of Kickstarter is not proof reading each project that is being submitted by Kickstarter. We at Hollywood Pictures Inc have decided not to pursue legal action against Kickstarter since this is a warning to Kickstarter to start sling a better job of proof reading each project before being submitted since it seems like no one at Kickstarter cares about allowing scam artists post projects that violates several laws. The following movies that appear in the video of the link I provide has already violated several copyright infringement by showing several clips in the pitch video. It seems that the employees of Kickstarter are just accepting new scam projects without fact checking. Kickstarter can easily pocket the money from people that invest on a project that clearly violates several law's but Kickstarter is ok with that since if the project does get funded, then Kickstarter can collect the fees from the copyright infringement project that was allowed by Kickstarter. Please educate the employees of Kickstarter by having them actually do their jobs of proof reading and making sure no copyright infringement occurs. All of this could of been avoided if Kickstarter actually did their jobs correctly. Once again this letter we are writing to you is a warning and if this issue occurs again, our lawyers will pursue legal actions against Kickstarter for not properly doing their jobs as they have stated in the FAQ from Kickstarter website. Thank you for taking the time to read this and we at Hollywood Pictures Inc are expecting Kickstarter to actually do their jobs instead of allowing scam projects that clearly violates Kickstarter policies and copyright infringement laws as well. Please scroll down as we have pointed out the many copyright infringements that appear in the project link above since the employees of Kickstarter has failed to read/watch before allowing the project to be green lit by Kickstarter themselves. Please do a better job by training your employees to not allow these several copyright infringements appearing in the project link above where the project leader attached a video that has not been cleared by us but was cleared by Kickstarter. Sincerely, Neal Gabler Hollywood Movie Pictures Inc. 1:36 StarTrek 1:38 Back to the Future 1:42 Fringe (Last Season) 1:46 Avatar 1:50 StarWars 1:54 StarTrek 1:58 Minority Report 2:00 IronMan 2:12 Tron 2:16 Minority Report 2:18 Prometheus

Description of infringing material: To whom it may concern, This project has been using several of Hollywood Pictures copyrighted material in the video located on the front page of this scam Kickstarter site. They are violating criminal code title 17 and 22 of the U.S. copyright infringement.

fair use no longer possible?
jews gonna jew?

Stabwound

Arcane
It looks like Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones AKA Empyrea, which got $34,000 (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dhagar/cult-awakening-of-the-old-ones) is dead in the water. He didn't post it on the kickstarter itself, but from the forums. He offers a token suggestion of refunds, but that sure isn't going to happen. I doubt a kid who was magically granted $34000 a year ago is going to give it back out of the goodness of his heart even if he had the means to.

http://empyrea.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2126

Hi, all. David here. Yes, I've been 'gone' for the past month or so. Well, I have checked in here enough to know I need to post by now, so I'm going to go ahead and do it.

To put it plainly: things are not going so well. I've hit another brick wall; going on with Python means major performance issues or taking a LOT of time to figure out ways around them. Alternatively, I could try completely porting the project over to another engine. The downsides to that are obvious. I have done some experimentation with C/Unity, but in the end I can't really get around the fact that things are not looking so good.

I think another problem at this point is that I *myself* am losing steam when it comes to the project. At one point this thing ate up my thoughts, dreams, et cetera. Now I am... frankly, not so enthusiastic about it. My life has moved in a different direction than I expected, and my goals have changed. That does not mean I intend to drop it or quit my obligations; I'm just stating reality (after all, lying isn't going to do me any good). For a long time I thought I could just plow my way through it with sheer determination no matter how unhappy I was with the work itself. At this point I'm being forced to acknowledge that isn't the case. As much as I wanted to be at one point, I'm not Tarn Adams.

So, I want to try and work with everyone to create the least possible amount of disappointment while still remaining realistic. How does everyone want to proceed from this point? I see several options, some of which could happen in conjunction:

1. Everyone REALLY wants me to continue to try and work on this. In this case, I will do my best to fulfill the project to the best degree possible.
2. I make the code open source for the community, plus all the resources/assets. I give up any/all rights to the project and allow anyone who wants to continue it or use pieces/parts of it to do so.
3. In conjunction with #2, I focus only on the world-gen code and make it a library for anybody who wants to base a game off of it. The more I think about it, the more I realize this is really the only aspect of this I've really enjoyed, and it would probably be the most practical to continue on a long-term basis while expecting reasonable results.
4. I offer refunds. They won't happen all at once; it's a pretty big debt to pay back. But I am not going to back out of my responsibilities, even if I'm forced to admit that I didn't succeed in my goals.

Yeah, that's probably plenty to start with. If possible, let's please have a reasonable discussion; too much conflict will be moved elsewhere. I'm not taking anything off of the table at this point, including continued development on the game, but I need to know what everyone thinks.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Now I am... frankly, not so enthusiastic about it. My life has moved in a different direction than I expected, and my goals have changed.
Classy, working doesn't seem to be his thing, yeah, you work only when you are motivated, all successful people do so, doing a work you not enjoy is for losers.
This basically is the mentality of many Kickstarters, you know, the true spirit of crowdfunding.

Malpercio

Arcane
It's not entirely about games, but since it's a kickstarter thread... was this little posted?

http://yourkickstartersucks.tumblr.com/page/2

Some of the best:

hHyKaiO.png

rjs3iwm.png

This is apparently the second iteration of the same project:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eimim/eimim-pen

Which apparently used scavenged components from $2.50 commercially available pens:

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Hi-Tec-C-0-4-One-Pen/dp/B006CQU3XU/

And the manufacturing quality wasn't even that good:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eimim/eimim-pen/comments

Just recieved mine :) Thanks
However I am little disappointed that lid doesn't line up when is putted on the end (but magnet works like a charm) and little more disappointed that glass beads finish is wearing off literally before my eyes. There are few noticeable marks from when I transported both pen a base together in pocket and just after few uses there is slowly becoming apparent line on the lid where it borders base :-(

It makes nice piece on the table, event with some scratches. The weight is little less than I expected, but after I used it few time I would choose none other. Pilot fills was really good bet, I got thinnest ones and they are beautiful.

Good luck with your next project :)

And look at all the people praising the looks and writing qualities of what is a cylinder on a magnet with a commercial Japanese design doing the actual *writing*.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom