Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I wonder if there are Kickstarter employees who let that kind of stuff through just for shits'n gigges

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
RsdKhqJ.jpg

Alchemist

Arcane
I found a couple of tabletop gaming Kickstarters that might be of interest here:

Biome Blox - Lego-style gaming terrain construction pieces (for tabletop RPGs, wargaming, etc). Looks pretty cool but I'm not sure they have hope of funding at this rate.

Tabletop Connect - full 3D virtual tabletop software that looks like it's taking things to the next level. Sort of like what WotC promised years ago and never delivered. A video game industry vet is working on it so this might be decent on a technical level.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OF DICE AND MEN - a geek movie without the self-loathing
Based on the acclaimed play, now on Indiegogo

OF DICE AND MEN is a new comedy feature film by Cavegirl Productions shooting in September 2013 that challenges the stereotypes associated with roleplaying games. Based on the hit play, author Cameron McNary, along with award-winning screenwriter Francis Abbey, have transformed it into a hilarious and poignant “High Fidelity meets Dragonslayer” screenplay that will appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike.

OF DICE AND MEN takes a peek inside the life and mind of John Francis, the leader of a tightly-knit gaming group that plays at the house of frisky suburbanite parents, Linda and Brandon. John Francis’ best friends, sailor-mouthed John Alex and thoughtful jock Jason, bring roguish swagger and knightly nobility to the game. The object of John Francis’ affection, the feisty Tara, provides all the Half Elven Double Princess backstory they could ever need. But when Jason enlists to go to Iraq and with his relationship with Tara going nowhere, it may be time for John Francis to hang up his twenty sided dice and enter the real world.

The film, which has received permission from Steve Jackson Games, maker of the GURPS roleplaying system, to use its gaming supplements, will shoot for 10 days in locations in Maryland and Northern Virginia. To fund the project, the team has turned to the crowdfunding website Indiegogo, where future audience members can receive perks and get a look behind the scenes through a fun promotional video (www.indiegogo.com/projects/of-dice-and-men--2).

“OF DICE AND MEN is important to gamers because it portrays them as the kind of people you want to be around, and the kind you want to be,” says McNary. “It is geek art without the self-loathing. If you’ve ever wanted to take your mom or your girlfriend or your grandad to something and say, ‘Look: THIS is why I play’, and have them *get* it, now you can.”

Kelley Slagle, founder of Cavegirl Productions, will produce the film along with Francis Abbey. Rounding out the production staff is lifetime gamer and longtime member of the CP team, Executive Producer Seth C. Polansky.

More information on OF DICE AND MEN can be found at its website, www.ofdicemen.com. For press inquiries, please contact Kelley Slagle at 301-613-6436 or by email at info@ofdicemen.com. For high-res photos and logos, visit www.ofdicemen.com/media.

kaizoku

Arcane
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/conspirocracy

A Canadian point-and-click adventure game about lost identity in a bureaucratic world.

Conspirocracy starts in an exaggerated, highly-bureaucratic re-imagining of Toronto, Canada. Medical droids serve as gatekeepers between patients and doctors. The activities of beggars and buskers are regulated and tasked. Airport security is taken to an more extreme, disconcerting level. As the player, you will have your work cut out for you finding what you're looking for when the system is stacked heavily against you.

If, and only if, you love us enough that we are able to hit our $5000 target, we're going to celebrate together by adding a whole selection of possible epilogues to the game based on the choices you have made previously. It'll be like Fallout, only you don't need to worry about your faithful dog running into a super-mutant army (unless that's the ending you choose). You'll want to play again and again to see the different ways the story can play out!

Conspirocracy was written for a mature audience. It features only the mildest of profanity, no sexual content and some violence.

looks interesting

Kz3r0

Arcane
I found a couple of tabletop gaming Kickstarters that might be of interest here:

Biome Blox - Lego-style gaming terrain construction pieces (for tabletop RPGs, wargaming, etc). Looks pretty cool but I'm not sure they have hope of funding at this rate.

Tabletop Connect - full 3D virtual tabletop software that looks like it's taking things to the next level. Sort of like what WotC promised years ago and never delivered. A video game industry vet is working on it so this might be decent on a technical level.
I don't see much interest from people here and Blome Blox is practically failed, Tabletop connect doesn't seem to muster much enthusiasm either even if will be funded.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Destroid

Arcane
Inner Space was a great game as a kid. A few other games did this, I think one called 'Virus'.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom