Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Not sure what scares me the most, this game having a sequel or being already 20 years since this was released...

Black

Arcane
Was fun while it lasted, eh?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/deborahljacobs/2013/10/23/sec-proposes-crowdfunding-rules/
american-eagle_0.jpg

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Already failed, unless people here is really interested in it I won't add this projects, besides, nostalgia aside I don't see what is so special about this.
There's a good chance this was Herve failing at backdoor crowd funding, which is lulzy.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's about equity crowdfunding, it shouldn't affect kickstarter.
Are we sure? What about the $1m cap and filing reports to the SEC? Seems to cover any crowdfunding project unless there's specific language that this addresses equity funds only? I'm just questioning this as I'm no finance guru but wouldn't put it past our ever increasing government overreach...

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Forbes article does mention equity crowd funding, and that's likely why the SEC is involved and not IRS or some other body.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's about equity crowdfunding, it shouldn't affect kickstarter.
Are we sure? What about the $1m cap and filing reports to the SEC? Seems to cover any crowdfunding project unless there's specific language that this addresses equity funds only? I'm just questioning this as I'm no finance guru but wouldn't put it past our ever increasing government overreach...
The whole article is about equity crowd funding. I'm not even sure how they would regulate kickstarter style crowd funding because the people involved could just claim they're pre-orders and are protected as a company selling something.

Elthosian

Arcane
From the creator of Aquaria

OH YES, Aquaria is, along with Black Plague, my favorite PC game from the last ten years, so this got insta-backed with 25 dollars, and I'll probably end up adding a bit more if I am able to.

Thanks for posting it, bro :bro:

himmy

Arcane

kaizoku

Arcane
damn, this one actually looks pretty cool

strategy-oriented tactical RPG with delicious pixel art

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/829559023/confederate-express?ref=category

Confederate Express is a strategy-oriented tactical RPG. The game is a Windows PC title.

Confederate Express is all about exploration, fighting enemies, and making your way towards the main goal: trying to survive while delivering a package. Packages vary by size, weight and fragility; which makes every delivery a unique experience, ranging from a quick 15-minute tasks, all the way to a challenging journey throughout various events and locations. The more difficult the delivery, the greater the rewards: mercenaries, gear, weapons and ultimately - greater challenges.

The game features:

- Delivery and Permadeath: The main objective of the game is to deliver a package from point a to point b, and you are presented with multiple options of deliverable goods, so choose carefully: if you bite more than your crew can chew - it may result in an inevitable permadeath, forcing you to start over.
- Crew: Before every mission you are debriefed on your delivery task, and right afterwards you are presented with a portfolio of potential crew members for hire. Every character is unique and has a different set of skills, but not all of them are available right away since your portfolio expands throughout the game with your progress and finding new members along the way.
- Skills: Every character in Confederate Express has a specific set of skills, and as you complete missions and kill enemies, you are granted with an ability to improve on of them:
- Item hunting: A variety of loot is scattered throughout the game, featuring moddable weapons, tactical equipment, high-tech gadgets and rare unlockable items hidden in secret locations.
- Locations: Every single level is completely unique, and the game map is generated every time a new delivery begins. It is a challenging and engaging experience every time you play. Remember, the shortest path is not always the best!

Is the gameplay turn-based or real-time?

It is real-time, but you can pause the game at any time by hitting spacebar and give a chain of commands to your team. Once the game resumes, they execute it immediately.

What kind of RPG elements are you guys planning to add into the game?

Skills, perks, leveling (ranking), cognitive psychology (personality traits, character types etc. similar to Sims series and JA2), and team state management. For example, if one of your crew members gets covered in blood splatter, he has a chance of entering the panic mode depending on his personality traits and characteristics. Panic mode could lead to berserk state or loss of consciousness.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom