Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Kz3r0

Arcane
JRPGs
Alcarys Complex - Story-Driven Action JRPG Centered around social interactions, comes with a demo.
Boot Hill Heroes - Wild West JRPG with 1-4 Player Co-op, 2D, isometric, turn based, and with cool hats, or something like that.

Americana Dawn A freeware, retro, Japanese-styled RPG that takes place during the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence.
Anima Gate of Memories Action RPG set in the Anima Beyond Fantasy world.
Celestian Tales: Old North A refreshing take on RPG featuring moral-driven storyline, six points of view, multiple personal arcs, and beautifully hand-drawn art.
Cosmic Star Heroine (Sci-Fi/Spy RPG) for PC/Mac/PS4/Vita New turn-based RPG from the creators of Cthulhu Saves the World. Inspired by Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star & Suikoden
Liege Story, Tactics, and Art. A modern re-imagining of the classic 16-bit RPG.
Pier Solar The biggest 16-bit RPG ever, in high definition for Xbox 360, PC, Mac, Linux & Sega Dreamcast!
Soul Saga A love letter to J-RPG classics from the Playstation era like Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, Suikoden, and Persona.
Telepath Tactics Turn-based tactical RPG in the tradition of Fire Emblem and Disgaea, second Kickstarter.
Vacant Sky Awakening - A Pre-Apocalyptic RPG Be the villain, they promise highly-tactical combat powered by your personality and emotional engagement with added diplomacy, second Kickstarter.
You Are Not The Hero 2D Action Platform RPG that ditches the battle system to focus on RPG gameplay elements. Instead of playing a traditional hero that saves the world, you're playing a bystander swept into the affairs of heroes and villains alike
Regalia - Of Men And Monarchs

Cold Fusion Secular Equilibrium Post Apocalyptic JRPG combining old west and steampunk with emphasis on mystery solving and exploration.
Do You Remember ~An RPG from your childhood~ Elementary school epicness with a demo.
Pixel Noir JRPG-inspired, 16-bit noir detective Role Playing Game!
Telepath Tactics Turn-based tactical RPG in the tradition of Fire Emblem and Disgaea.
Vacant Sky: Awakening Be the villain, they promise highly-tactical combat powered by your personality and emotional engagement with added diplomacy.

Rainfall: The Sojourn Their objective is "to create a game with a vibrant world, tons of fun puzzles, interesting level designs, engaging battles, and a great story".
KitaruPost modern cyberpunk JRPG with gorgeous graphic.

Last edited:

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Man the art looks really good, but the story sounds awful.

That's exactly what I thought as well - Cradle looks absolutely gorgeous but the story seems to be pretty damn generic. I might back it regardless, but it doesn't seem to be doing that well at the moment - i.e. it's not very likely to get funded.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/28/i...one-can-fund-anything-and-not-on-kickstarter/

What do vibrators, anti-malaria patches, and Nikola Tesla have in common? Indiegogo.

The popular crowdfunding platform announced today that it has closed $40 million in a hefty second round of funding. The money will support Indiegogo’s global growth and fund efforts to catch up with its bigger, better known rival, Kickstarter.

Indiegogo claims to have hosted more than 190,000 campaigns from 190 countries. It said that funds raised on Indiegogo have grown by 1,000 percent over the past two years. Its goal is to make Indiegogo “the world’s funding engine.”

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Savage: The Shards of Gosen:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/561467528/savage-the-shard-of-gosen

Barbaric adventure with a dash of RPG! Explore and slay in a brutal open world — Conan meets Super Mario and Zelda 2!
...The mood and atmosphere are inspired by the Conan stories by Robert E. Howard, the Milton Bradley board game Hero Quest, and the Dungeons and Dragons setting, Dark Sun. Not to mention a healthy (unhealthy?) dose of my fetish for '80s barbarian flicks...
...The game features include a compelling combat system, item and skill progression, an open world to explore, and procedurally generated overworld encounters,...

Guy's asking for 6000 USD, has a playable alpha. Game looks promising.

kazgar

Arcane

Barbaric adventure with a dash of RPG! Explore and slay in a brutal open world — Conan meets Super Mario and Zelda 2!
...The mood and atmosphere are inspired by the Conan stories by Robert E. Howard, the Milton Bradley board game Hero Quest, and the Dungeons and Dragons setting, Dark Sun. Not to mention a healthy (unhealthy?) dose of my fetish for '80s barbarian flicks...
...The game features include a compelling combat system, item and skill progression, an open world to explore, and procedurally generated overworld encounters,...

Alphas only a 9mb download from indiedb, just grabbed it then, reasonably fun (though i keep hitting esc and it kicks me out) and only $5 to get the game when done.

some rad 2d animation, shadows and the like.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
He was also the composer for Jazz Jackrabbit 2 and the first game he worked on with a friend from high school, Tyrian.

Kz3r0

Arcane

The goal is too low, but considering that they have an alpha I will add it to the platformers section..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom