Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
s/he has/had a popular webcomic, the kickstarter was for a book version, s/he didn't deliver on time, because s/he became a trans mtf and also ran out of money despite overfunding 6x. Now s/he would rather burn the books than satisfy the backers who want their kickstarter rewards or a refund. Also, screed about the evils of racism and capitalism on kickstarter.

Thanks! It makes a lot more sense now - or as much sense as something like that can make, at least. I can sort of see how a guy/gal might be emotionally unstable with all those hormonal changes going on - trannies gonna tranny, I guess. :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Action Adventures
Among the Sleep First person horror adventure, in which you play a two year old child.

Darkwood Top-down, sandbox survival horror set in a procedurally generated, open world. Features RPG and roguelike elements, with intense combat and a eerie atmosphere. Gameplay wise, it has features in common with games like Project Zomboid, Don't Starve and Teleglitch. As for the atmosphere and story, it's inspired by the works of David Lynch.
DreadOut Indonesian Fatal Frame.
DYSCOURSE: Survivors, Choose Wisely.A PC survival game like you’ve never seen. Emergent story, group psychology, and the struggle to endure, in the absurd Owlchemy style
Grave: Open World Survival Horror
Knite & The Ghost Lights A mixture of adventure, storytelling, and action from games we know and love, with handcrafted feel.
La-Mulana 2 The direct sequel to the cult 2D side scrolling action adventure hit, La-Mulana, developed by its original creators: NIGORO.
Moonman A procedurally-generated adventure game.
Night In The Woods A new game from Alec Holowka (Aquaria) and animator Scott Benson.
Paradise Lost: First Contact Play as an alien plant and escape from a scientific facility, full of secrets and dangerous experiments.
Pathologic Remake
Pulse - Reveal the world through sound First per son survival game that takes place in an unseen world revealed only by sound.
Solarix First-person psychological survival-horror game set in a beautifully dilapidated science fiction setting
Son of Nor - The World is Your Weapon A singleplayer and co-op action adventure game set in a dynamic desert world, which can be shaped by the player's magic.
Tangiers - Stealth driven by dark 20th century avant-garde.
The Stomping Land Multiplayer survival game about dinosaurs. Create traps, salvage resources, form tribes.
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm Three former SNK / King of Fighters developers project, an original 2D fighting game.
River City Ransom: Underground An officially licensed, North American follow-up to one of the most beloved RPG beat'em ups of all time.
Treachery In Beatdown City: A new way to beat-em-up! TURN BASED!
The Way Another World inspired game.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night New IGAvania.
Shenmue 3
Perception A new narrative horror adventure where you play a young blind woman. From developers of BioShock and Dead Space.
Prey for the Gods, Shadow of the Colossus-inspired game

1979 REVOLUTION: Black Friday Navigate the gritty world of a Revolution! Survive the streets and be aware of who you can trust in a city under siege.
Between Me And The Night Surrealist, yet grounded, videogame that dares to walk the thin path between sanity and madness.
Bloom Beautiful fantasy action adventure game with RPG elements for PC, Mac, and Xbox.
Courier of the Crypts 2D action adventure game about a Courier, a Torch and a Letter. Explore, fight, survive, deliver!
Cross of the Dutchman 3d person action adventure game about a Friesland folk hero.
Cradle Open-world adventure in a unique fantasy setting full of action and exploration featuring a one-of-a-kind combat system.
Death To Spies 3 On Indiegogo.
Death to Spies 3: Stealth Action on Kickstarter
Deus Ex Machina 2 Reimagination of the classic 1984 Game Of The Year, it's a cradle-to-grave roller coaster of your entire life. Narrator Cristopher Lee.
Epoch: Return Explore an unknown alien world to discover its secrets. Salvage the remains of crashed ships to repair your own ship and return home.
Frozen State. Survival horror RPG set in Siberian post-apocalyptic world.
HazewalkerDark fantasy action-adventure game.
Raindrop Surreal, environment driven, survival game that includes fully explorable levels with intuitive, complex puzzles.Survive both the haunting environment and your own battered sanity.
Outcast Reboot HD
Solarix is a first-person psychological survival-horror game set in a beautifully dilapidated science fiction setting
The Very Organized Thief You can play the original freeware version (note: Unity Web Player).
Twin Souls: The Path of Shadows Tenchu meets Shinobi meets Otogi.

The Kingsport Cases Fully procedurally generated survival horror game set in late 19th century Lovecraftian lore.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
s/he has/had a popular webcomic, the kickstarter was for a book version, s/he didn't deliver on time, because s/he became a trans mtf and also ran out of money despite overfunding 6x.
Coincidence?

Kz3r0

Arcane
Imagine that.
Will explain the anticapitalist ramblings against the bakers, no socialized medicine in the Kwa, so she had to pay for transitioning, suddenly she got lots of money and used them for that instead for what was promised, is understandable that she consider monsters people willing to pay for a shitty comicbook instead that for her happiness as a human being.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I can think of a lot of expensive things that would make me happy. It doesn't mean that I would keep money I was given to produce a work of art (or whatever you call this if not a work of art) that I had no intention of finishing.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I can think of a lot of expensive things that would make me happy. It doesn't mean that I would keep money I was given to produce a work of art (or whatever you call this if not a work of art) that I had no intention of finishing.
Obviously we are not talking about a very stable person, besides transgenderism affects the very sense of self, would you still fulfill backers' rewards if you had to cure your schizophrenia or cancer?
I know that many people think that transgenderism is a joke, the insanity of the SJWs doesn't help either, but for the person in question is really a matter of life or death.
I am not saying she is right, expecially considering that many people were supportive of her, simply putting it in perspective, even if the whole affair looks more like self destructive behavior than anything else.

Kz3r0

Arcane
hard to say because the relevant posts are backer-only, but s/he could be pre-op, and IIRC ACA does cover gender reassignment now (read a news story about this). In a podcast it was revealed that s/he is a heavy DMT user, so that's where the money could've gone.
I am not an expert but is DMT so expensive?

Ninjerk

Arcane
I don't know if it's expensive, but I'm sure it can't be good if you're already not very grounded in reality.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I don't know if it's expensive, but I'm sure it can't be good if you're already not very grounded in reality.
Are you saying that the Codex lied to me and psychedelic drugs are bad for you?
In cases as this Kaiserin's opinion would have been helpful.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Huh so that's what happened with that. Didn't get the trans part first. Well that's the second kickstarter by a trans person that fell through. The other one was that board game by that person whose profile picture was a naked picture of themselves. They got the money then she said that the sun was trying to kill her and later on figured out it wasn't the sun but the navy's secret transmissions.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Huh so that's what happened with that. Didn't get the trans part first. Well that's the second kickstarter by a trans person that fell through. The other one was that board game by that person whose profile picture was a naked picture of themselves. They got the money then she said that the sun was trying to kill her and later on figured out it wasn't the sun but the navy's secret transmissions.
Studio Fawn are you all right girl?
Just to be sure, I am not implying anything, ahem.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
No it wasn't fawn I remember specifically it was a board game that got something close to but under 10k.
EDIT: Found it. I was wrong though the sun wasn't trying to kill her it was just trying to get her to abandon the project.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/katalyka
Also the specific posts for what I was talking about.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/katalyka/posts/239764
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1820893788/katalyka/posts/388893
Looks like she's doing better now though.

Kz3r0

Arcane
No it wasn't fawn I remember specifically it was a board game that got something close to but under 10k.
I was trying to be funny, I know is not Fawn, here it is:
Katalyka
"The sun doesn't want you to publish Katalyka, because it wants to be almost exactly LIKE Katalyka, but it keep it all a secret. If you publish your game, it is going to let people in on too many secrets."

80Maxwell08

Arcane
I was trying to be funny, I know is not Fawn, here it is:
Katalyka
"The sun doesn't want you to publish Katalyka, because it wants to be almost exactly LIKE Katalyka, but it keep it all a secret. If you publish your game, it is going to let people in on too many secrets."
Oh sorry. I'm not good with sarcasm over the internet.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/02...ns-comics-rather-than-sending-them-to-donors/

People who use crowdfunding sites such as Kickstarter and Indiegogo to publish comic books have become commonplace of late. Many creator owned series that might take a battering in the direct market and found funding and a financial sense of independence that they might have otherwise failed to get and it has led to greater diversity, choice and business plans available.

But sometimes they go wrong. Shipping can be underestimated. costs can appear from nowhere. Creators can be lazy, or suddenly find high paying work elsewhere, leaving those who donated money in return for a comic book spinning in the wind.

And then there can be the amazingly fuck headedness. Such as that of John Campbell of Pictures for Sad Children.

Author of said popular webcomic, he published the first 200 strips in 2009. In 2012 he set up a Kickstarter to raise the money to publish a second volume, Sad Pictures for Children.

He asked for $8000. He got $51,615.

Some people got their books. Some didn’t. Yesterday, Campbell explained in a massive rambling Kickstarter update. Here are some highlights.

Well first, there’s the video of him burning 127 copies of the book because he had received emails asking him where the books were. And the threat he will continue to burn copies with every email, tweet, facebook message etc he receives.

Don’t believe me?

I shipped about 75% of kickstarter rewards to backers. I will not be shipping any more. I will not be issuing any refunds. For every message I receive about this book through e-mail, social media or any other means, I will burn another book.

Lets have some more.

If you would like a refund, please contact a fan of my work directly for your money. This is where the money would come from anyway. I am cutting out the middle man.

I refunded some of the preorders I received through paypal in addition to the kickstarter orders, but I will not be refunding any more.

The backers who gave me the most money received the least “reward” from me. After shipping costs, I “lost money” on most of the books I sold at the $25 level so, backers at the higher levels, you could perceive of yourselves as having “paid for” the books that the “lower” backers currently have, and you could try to get those books that you “paid for” somehow.

You could try to obtain refunds through kickstarter or paypal, through your bank or credit card company. You could try to harass me or inconvenience me or tell other people negative things about me or this kickstarter in the hope that this will affect me negatively. Be aware that each attempt to contact me about this book will individually result in the burning of a book until the books are gone.

There’s a lot of psychobabble which makes Shia Labeouf look like Andy Capp. But let’s skip past that to find what he does want.

I want direct funding for my living necessities. I want to establish relationships with a group of people who can pay for my baseline needs like food and rent. I am looking for people who do not feel they need to see any “return” on their “investment.” I am looking for people who understand that money is a bad joke we use to hurt each other. I’m looking for people who like me were born with a lot of privileges but who have had the awareness and emotional stability to keep their bucket under the faucet when the money comes out.

I am not looking for the support of anyone who wants a book, or wants to see me put stick figure comics on the internet. I do not need the support of anyone who thinks that I will deserve to eat and sleep only after I have fulfilled some standard they’ve chosen to hold me to. I am looking for people who believe that if you spend your life in a small room thinking, you deserve to live and breathe the same amount as someone who spends their life doing intense physical or mental labor, or who has money that “makes money.”

He then talks about a dead rabbit. Oh and he does say,

If you have been skimming this to get the “gist” of it, it is not going to work in my opinion. If you are reading this to summarize it for someone else, please fuck yourself instead if possible.

Sadly my anatomy doesn’t quite reach that far. But since he’s fucked so many other people, I don’t see why I should do it myself. But he did want to let people know his financial situation.

I have $750 in my only bank account.

7314f6d20f247d692232dcbbcdd07acf_large.png

75!! What a huge number!!!

I have $0 in my paypal account.

86be7d6f5fc268196f8ba9103e31f92d_large.png

What a huge number!!!

He ends, telling us,

I do not feel a pressing need to establish a form of income right now, but I would be interested in reading ideas about money and I’d love to hear that there are people interested in meeting another person’s needs directly with no hope for reward of any kind. I’d love to read intelligent thoughts about any of these things posted publicly. It’s okay if that’s not how things go. I am trying to figure out what kind of world I live in and what is possible within it, whatever happens I will try to learn from it.

I stopped reading my kickstarter messages in January. I may not log into kickstarter again, I don’t know if I’ll read the comments on this post. If I get a lot of emails I will delete my email address. I’m not sure where I’ll post next or when or what I’ll say or what will have happened, but I look forward to it.

You know what John? We look forward to it as well.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Don't know why I didn't think that him trying to hold comic books as emotional ransom was as big a deal as what we talked about earlier. Deeply disturbed individual, I'd say.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I would also love to hear that there are people interested in meeting another person’s needs directly with no hope for reward of any kind. If you are interested please PM me.

Ninjerk

Arcane
I have sexual needs that need attending to, and I hope that they can be fulfilled without some selfish wish of reciprocity. Apply within:
zzzzzip

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So the whole thing can be summarized with "gibme moniez nao"! What a twat. It's a good thing he's not interested in establishing a form of income, as absolutely nobody who has more than two brain cells would ever hire or commission this asshole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom