Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I would also love to hear that there are people interested in meeting another person’s needs directly with no hope for reward of any kind. If you are interested please PM me.
This is what Indiegogo is for.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/3/546...d-1-billion-in-pledges-to-date-over-215m-into

Kickstarter has received $1 billion in pledges to date, over $215M into games
By Alexa Ray Corriea on Mar 03, 2014 at 9:00a @AlexaRayC

All-time pledges for crowdfunding platform Kickstarter reached $1 billion overnight, the company announced this morning.

According to Kickstarter, more than half of that amount was pledged in the last 12 months. Approximately 5,708,578 people from 224 countries across all seven continents, including Antarctica, have backed projects. Of the pledged $1 billion, $215.75 million has gone into 8,751 game projects.

Of the total pledge amount, $859 million has gone to successful projects, with returning backers pledging $619 million. Kickstarter noted that $24 million of this pledged amount is still live, sitting in 4,139 currently active campaigns.

The U.S. is the top contributing country to Kickstarter, with a $663,316,496 stake in the total pledges. This is followed by the U.K. with $54,427,475 and Canada with $44,913,678. The top ten list is rounded out by Australia, Germany, France, Japan, Sweden, the Netherlands and Singapore, in that order. According to an interactive map on the Kickstarter website, Antarctica saw 11 backers pledge $3,707.

Kickstarter reported that 1,689,979 people have backed more than one project, while 15,932 people have backed more than 50. Pledges were more commonly sent in on Wednesdays, or on the 13th of the month, according to bar graphs detailing pledge amounts by day. The single day with the most pledges to date was March 13, 2013, on which 54,187 backers pledged $4,029,585.45 to 1,985 projects.

Kickstarter are shared a list of its top backers. The most influential backer contributing to the $1 billion in pledges is author Neil Gaiman, who backed his first project in 2010 and has since contributed to hundreds more.

Earlier this year, Kickstarter reported that calendar year 2013 saw $480 million in pledges from 3 million people.

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/1billion

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
So the whole thing can be summarized with "gibme moniez nao"! What a twat. It's a good thing he's not interested in establishing a form of income, as absolutely nobody who has more than two brain cells would ever hire or commission this asshole.
I wouldn't surprise me if he has broken enough laws that the government will soon be meeting his needs for a place to sleep and food to eat.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Platformers
Cloudberry Kingdom The Hardest Platformer Ever The bullet hell of platformers.
CreaVures A gorgeous platform,with a gameplay video of the full game.
Freedom Planet - High Speed Platform Game Megaman, Sonic and Gunstar Heroes collide in this explosive cartoon adventure with full voice acting !
Giana ProjectThe return of the Giana Sisters, Evil Twin style.
Mercenary Kings Metal Slug like with crafting.
Rex Rocket Retro sci-fi adventure traditional 2D platformer.
Spate 2.5D platformer set in a rich steampunk world.
Spud's Quest From a freeware game to an expanded commercial project.
Valdis Story: Abyssal City Castlevania like.
Volgarr the Viking Ghouls 'n Ghost + nes castlevania + conan attitude... in 16 bits graphics and 24? bits music, for 7000$ comes packaged with an arcade cabinet.
Shovel Knight Next-gen 8-bit action adventure platformer.
The Crystal Catacombs MetroidVania roguelike with procedurally generated random dungeons.

A.N.N.E Metroidvania meets Gradius in a modern pixel art adventure!
A Hat in Time - 3D collect-a-thon platformer Think Banjo-Kazooie, The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario 64 all in one!
Catacomb Kids - A Very Roguelike Platformer
Chasm 2D Fantasy ARPG Platformer with procedurally generated Metroid-like dungeons and authentic pixel art, with a DEMO.
Cornerstone: The Song of Tyrim Wind waker meets Dark Souls An open world, action-adventure game with an emphasis on physics and player-choice, for PC, Mac and Linux.
Heart Forth, Alicia '90s-inspired Metroidvania RPG about a young wizard on her journey to stop a Spirit from consuming her homeland
Jetpack 2 by the creator of the original Jetpack, 2D platform game with realistic physics, a level editor, 5 highly detailed tilesets with over 1000 tiles.(RE-LAUNCH)
Mark of the Old Ones - a Lovercraftian Metroidvanian adventure
Mighty No. 9 Megaman spiritual successor.
Moon Intern Side scrolling action adventure, giant robots and ghosts can hamper your fed-ex jobs on the Moon
Project Rain World In the ruins of an ancient alien civilization, a lonely slugcat vies to hunt and survive deadly rains in a harsh closed eco-system.
Radio the Universe Acid puzzle/adventure isometric 2D platformer.
Savage: The Shard of Gosen Barbaric adventure with a dash of RPG! Explore and slay in a brutal open world — Conan meets Super Mario and Zelda 2!
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Who hair-whips monsters with her ponytail, and belly dances to transform into magical creatures.
Super Retro Squad Platformer featuring clones of famous game characters, he already did a similar game that you can play, Super Mario Bros Crossover.
The Light of the Darkness Side scroller with Action RPG/platform elements in the vein of Altered Beast and the likes.
Wildfire is a stealth platformer with environment interaction by Dan Hindes, the Sneaky Bastards guy.

A Small Favor 2D Side-Scrolling sci-fi Adventure Game with focus on story, exploration and puzzle solving with a laser gun!
Bullet Bros Modern day "Contra" style shooter with an emphasis on vehicle linking and over the top game-play.
David Crane's Jungle Adventure The creator of Pitfall wants 900K$ for a spiritual successor.
Dizzy Returns Re-launch of one of the most successful European adventure platformer of the late 1980s.
HELL VECTOR Neo-Platonic vertical down beat' em up.
Jetpack 2 by the creator of the original Jetpack, 2D platform game with realistic physics, a level editor, 5 highly detailed tilesets with over 1000 tiles.
Pyrella A prehistoric, occult, anti-patriarchy metroidvania...in the dark. Your torch is the only light source in a black magik temple.
REND Sci-fi action platformer that uses high contrast black and white imagery.
Taxi Journey A cross between an adventure game and a platformer set in a universe that combines charm, humor and mystery.
The Big Blue, an underwater adventure game Spiritual successor of Ecco the Dolphin, with a prototype.
Toxologic An art students project puzzle platformer,with a demo playable by a web browser with the unity plug-in.
Andromeda - There is no God up here
Super Metroid tribute. There is also a free demo on the KS page.

Last edited:

Niektory

one of some
Patron

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Warmachine Tactics, to be released August 2014. Based on the table-top skirmish wargame of the same name.
Video game is turn based tactics. Not sure if squad or skirmish level. Base engine seems to be XCOM-like but it has special stuff like Warjacks (steam-powered mechs that are twice the size of XCOM MECS), and spellcasters.

Pre-alpha gameplay starting at ~8:00

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Warmachine Tactics, to be released August 2014. Based on the table-top skirmish wargame of the same name.
Video game is turn based tactics. Not sure if squad or skirmish level. Base engine seems to be XCOM-like but it has special stuff like Warjacks (steam-powered mechs that are twice the size of XCOM MECS), and spellcasters.

Pre-alpha gameplay starting at ~8:00

We have a thread: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...ckstarter-with-scott-campbell-on-board.84646/

Kz3r0

Arcane
Earthlock: Festival of Magic - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/171497873/earthlock-festival-of-magic - "An original turn-based role-playing game set in a world of machines and magic, a world that stopped spinning thousands of years ago." - JRPG from Norway.
Didn't we have a thread for it? Or is it just my imagination? I can't find it.

Edit: Found it.
Yeah, it seems they relaunched it...
People here don't seem very interested tho.

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom