Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Has a playable (both Windows and Linux) demo as well: https://scumhead.itch.io/vomitoreum

EDIT: played through it. As some of the comments on the link above already noticed, great idea, but not the best execution. Not even by a long shot. Levels are mostly empty, platforming is clumsier than it should be, and failing it ends with permadeath. The enemies have interesting visual designs, but most of them don't have any distinct AI to provide a proper challenge. They also don't drop anything, so healing is only done on save points. No ammunition drops either, since they have gone with the Metroid route. The weapons also don't have a corsair and are not satisfying to shoot.

The good thing is the demo is obviously not part of the game. The bad part is that they are failing in some basic design principles. Their heart is in the right place though, so I hope they take the criticism seriously and manage to put up at least a solid if derivative Metroidvania/Doom clone. At least the settings will be interesting.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I like good old fashioned hexcrawls and I just saw this one (assuming it wasn't mentioned yet).

Into the Wild. Seems he has some stuff published on DrivethruRPG. It looks relatively compatible with Necrotic Gnomes stuff which I bought just about everything I could find.

Venser

Erudite

FMV horror game from the writer and with the cast of horror movie Host (2020).

Last edited:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Backed this:

And, what happened?!

After careful consideration we have decided to cancel our current campaign and will instead focus on relaunching a second, stronger campaign in two months.

Consequently, we expected a much greater impact with a concerted and professional communication push for the campaign.

Did God not favor the funding goal?

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
That sounds an awful lot like Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor in places. Not necessarily a bad thing, but something to think about before backing.

Venser

Erudite
I want the big box edition but £125 + shipping is pretty expensive.
This poster looks pretty sweet tho. Only 58 hours left till the end of kickstarter and I still can't decide to go for it or not.

8678627bab1aa0a5205afea29d288938_original.jpg

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I want the big box edition but £125 + shipping is pretty expensive.
For that kind of money you could get 2-3 big box copies of actual classic games. Putting a boxed copy of something like Quake on display is infinitely cooler than having some nostalgia fodder Kickscammer fluff piece take up valuable shelf space.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I was digging through a box and found my prey hard copy.... and after I just dl'd the iso (go figure).

Viata

Arcane
Is that done on RPGMaker? Because if it's not, they should do it. It's really a generic jrpg and so they should just use a generic engine to not waste too much time on programming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom