Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kickstarter you regret NOT giving money

crakkie

Arcane
There are 5 or 6 shitty or non-delivering kickstarters that I backed in the heyday, and I wish I had given all of that money to SitS.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Honestly...Broken Age.
I got SO much out of the documentary - I would gladly do it again if I knew I would get another documentary series out of it.

Zetor

Arcane
Shadowrun Returns for the crazy KS swag (before HBS knew how to price physical rewards).
Paper Sorcerer because this is the kind of project that KS is made for.
Chaos Reborn because Gollop.
Darkest Dungeon haha no.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Only the Long Dark and Subnautica
Subnautica started off p. promising, but there is a HUGE amount of work left. I don't see how they'll release it in August. The map is pretty small with no randomness, there's still not a lot of content and there is absolutely zero in terms of story after exploring the Aurora wreck. So yes a few "micro-issues" remain.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes, but which game these days isn't 1 or 2 years late.

They are also both examples of a type of game that offers a lot of fun finished or not. I'll probably play neither of these games much after there is a story.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Shadowrun HongKong, Hyper Light Drifter.
The rest were pre-orders of which i regret Dead State and now Legends of Eisenwald since it started to run like crap after an update.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Bard's Tale IV because it'd probably been cheaper than when the game releases. They might be running some paypal stuff still (I don't know), but I can't afford extra spending right now.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes, but which game these days isn't 1 or 2 years late.

They are also both examples of a type of game that offers a lot of fun finished or not. I'll probably play neither of these games much after there is a story.

The problem with both is that they NEED a story. They don't have the option of building mega empires like the X series or Minecrap or whatever. And they don't have the infinite randomness of Terraria or Starbound, so they will get very boring very fast if there's no storyline. Subnautica especially, with the INSANE energy requirements things like the Cyclops currently have and how few and far between resources are, they will definitely need to rebalance even the survival aspect of the game.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
You can thank Unity for that. I estimate that the actual information in a TLD map like items and their condition is just a few kilobytes, and a static 3d scene is certainly not more than a few hundred megabyte so a tailor made engine could probably model all of North America.

Juggie

Augur
The hell? That just looks like a mod for Prison Architect. And not even a full conversion.
Actually Rimworld is not that close to Prison Architect apart from the camera/visual style and some GUI elements. While both games are strategies at their core, they have different focus.

I haven't played Prison Architect for ages, but back when I did it seemed like a tycoon-y optimization game.

Rimworld on the other hand is more of a colony management Dwarf Fortress lite thing. It's not as complex as Dwarf Fortress and lacks some features almost completely (namely mining), but it's much less of a pain to interact with and has some original features as well.

P.S. I can't find it on the web page now, but if I remember correctly the author admitted copying Prison Architect's visual style because he liked it and couldn't come up with his own.

Sloul

Savant
Expeditions: Conquistador
''I expected it to be shit, like all previous games of this developer, but it turned out to be amazing and became one of my favourite RPGs ever''

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Lords Of Xulima. It was a rather long game, played it to the end and had fun all the way.

Severian Silk

I can't afford to do long-term planning when it comes to what games I'm going to buy. It's Steam sale or nothing.

thesoup

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin

I expected it to be shit, like all previous games of this developer, but it turned out to be amazing and became one of my favourite RPGs ever
Why would you back a game from a developer who doesn't have a proven track record with your tastes?

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
I feel really bad I didn't back serpent in the staglands. I had just played that one 2d rpg from basilisk though, I forget the name. I felt burnt and worried it would be as crappy. Though recently I fired it up a bit and it was not as bad as I remember.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom