Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Kidney Quest: A point-and-click fundraiser where you need to save Steve The Developer - UPDATE

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also when will the campaign end? I wanna chip in more after this month's credit card statement rolls, i will just take money from my entertainment budget and dont buy videogames till december i got plenty anyways

we're extending the fundraiser for another 2 weeks until 17 Nov.

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also when will the campaign end? I wanna chip in more after this month's credit card statement rolls, i will just take money from my entertainment budget and dont buy videogames till december i got plenty anyways

Hey, that's really nice, but don't do that. You've already contributed and I appreciate the support but you don't have to do something like this. Anyone, please.

Bt

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any news yet about the payments not showing up? Is paypal pocketing the money?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
eh, it is not like i cut my living budget for donating. I will still live in my relative luxury, except some of the money goes into stuff that actually matter instead of games i gonna buy and sitting in backlog for years.

Well, the problem goes when you are too generous and you sacrificing real world stuff for charity. Of course me and my family comes first, but when i have spares to help fellow guy, why not?

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
What if someone sells their kidney to get the money to be the #1 donor in the campaign?

:philosoraptor:

Well, fuck you just blew my mind now. Fucking kidney black market.

Honestly, I don't even know how that'd work. I mean, the surgery to implant a kidney is NOT an easy surgery; it requires the work of a specialized surgeon and a nephrologist - and nephrology isn't like an easy portion of medicine. Nephrologists are usually very very competent, often the smartest guy in the room... you can't really just hire a backroom surgeon to implant a kidney in you and expect it to work and not reject...

Bt

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
What if someone sells their kidney to get the money to be the #1 donor in the campaign?

:philosoraptor:

Well, fuck you just blew my mind now. Fucking kidney black market.

Honestly, I don't even know how that'd work. I mean, the surgery to implant a kidney is NOT an easy surgery; it requires the work of a specialized surgeon and a nephrologist - and nephrology isn't like an easy portion of medicine. Nephrologists are usually very very competent, often the smartest guy in the room... you can't really just hire a backroom surgeon to implant a kidney in you and expect it to work and not reject...

Bt
is it harder to get it in than out?

I hear stories people who got drugged and woke up with missinh kidney, iften done by rogue medical practitioner.

I mean it makes sense, getting it out you just cut, sew while implanting needs you to connect the blood vessels or it would leak

:/

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer

I hear stories people who got drugged and woke up with missinh kidney, iften done by rogue medical practitioner.

I mean it makes sense, getting it out you just cut, sew while implanting needs you to connect the blood vessels or it would leak

Well, something most people don't know is that they don't remove your native kidneys when you get a transplant. (Unless you have Poly Cystic Kidney disease, which makes your kidney grow cysts and become HUGE). So your dead native organs remain in your body; your new organ is implanted kind of below your your stomach and behind your hip. My first transplant was over on my right side, my last one was on the left. That's right - I have FOUR kidneys inside my body right now. The next one, as they tell me, will be implanted on the right again, almost next to the last one. I will have five kidneys in me after the next transplant.

That's not the record, though. Some dude has SEVEN.

So yeah, getting them out can be easier than putting them in. Especially putting them in at the native locations. Kidneys are kind of buried and protected by ribs and shit. They remove them through laproscopic surgery now, and minimally invasive. In older days, getting them out was a tough surgery. Which is why stories of waking up in a bathtub full of ice make me go... "yikes."

Bt

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I will have five kidneys in me after the next transplant.

Couldn't find the clip I wanted of Zim saying, "More organs means more human," so this one will have to do.

1bSNa.gif

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Yeesh, that's a terrible condition to have. I've just been through the scare of getting screened for kidney cancer (+myeloma and liver cancer, turns out I "just" have a bunch of abscesses (boils) in my stomach and one abdominal muscle). As soon as I'm out of the hospital I'll be sure to donate.

Stay well :salute:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Well, something most people don't know is that they don't remove your native kidneys when you get a transplant. (Unless you have Poly Cystic Kidney disease, which makes your kidney grow cysts and become HUGE). So your dead native organs remain in your body; your new organ is implanted kind of below your your stomach and behind your hip. My first transplant was over on my right side, my last one was on the left. That's right - I have FOUR kidneys inside my body right now. The next one, as they tell me, will be implanted on the right again, almost next to the last one. I will have five kidneys in me after the next transplant.

That's not the record, though. Some dude has SEVEN.

So yeah, getting them out can be easier than putting them in. Especially putting them in at the native locations. Kidneys are kind of buried and protected by ribs and shit. They remove them through laproscopic surgery now, and minimally invasive. In older days, getting them out was a tough surgery. Which is why stories of waking up in a bathtub full of ice make me go... "yikes."

Bt

A real human kidney bean.

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On a serious note: have you ever looked into fasting? There are indications it helps with Polycystic diseases as well as Lupus. I mean I wouldn't expect wonders, like it does for Diabetes, but maybe if the kidneys have less to metabolise they'd last you a bit longer. And hopefully you'll have a long time to take another crack at breaking the record.

MichiK

Novice
Patron
Hey,

I donated but I am not showing up on the table... I don't mind not showing up, but I do want to make sure you got the money (PayPal charged me ;-) )

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Hey,

I donated but I am not showing up on the table... I don't mind not showing up, but I do want to make sure you got the money (PayPal charged me ;-) )

Yeah I am still waiting as well :hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom