Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX expansion coming in early 2024

Codex niggas sleeping on this game. This topic should be bustling.
had to wait for my new computer to show up to be able to play it, my old computer basically died...well I could not really play games that needed a modern graphics card anymore...anyway finally arrived got the game and am playing it now and enjoying it, only played until first boss, but so far so good

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Can I say that I absolutely love the presentation of the game, and that I can't get enough of cutscene transitions between acts like in Diablo 2? Incredible stuff.

Game has been pretty fair so far on Hard, now that I didn't make the mistake of dropping my second tank at one of the first missions. It's kinda crazy how much you're gimping yourself with this choice alone (just for one Tyrant point).

I still want a god damn inventory and character screen during the missions though. Seriously, how hard can that be?

This game is definitely THE GOTY contender for me.

notpl

Arbiter

Sunri

Liturgist
Devs went nuts in the last act
iVboZuB.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Incredibly underrated on the codex for whatever reason. This thread should be booming.
I don't know what you mean by booming, but this is easily the most active thread in GRPG. Always at the top for almost a month now.

I can't wait to play it, but due to my personal experience with Torment: Tides of Numenera I will never, NEVER, buy a game at full price for 44,99€. Any other price would have been fine, but I will always consider this exact sum a personal attack.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Incredibly underrated on the codex for whatever reason. This thread should be booming.
I don't know what you mean by booming, but this is easily the most active thread in GRPG. Always at the top for almost a month now.

I can't wait to play it, but due to my personal experience with Torment: Tides of Numenera I will never, NEVER, buy a game at full price for 44,99€. Any other price would have been fine, but I will always consider this exact sum a personal attack.

People are probably watching their money atm. For people with low-end PCs like mine, you're looking at another hard drive with the game. Plus whatever DLC they come up with.

I'd be curious to know what performance/load times people get with conventional drives. Non SSD ones anyway.

Edit NJClaw And if you're butthurt about TTON and if it helps in any way (trying to be a good Catholic atm) I was a gold backer, and I still haven't played it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Can I say that I absolutely love the presentation of the game

It really is top notch. The sombre feeling of post apo Avalon is very unique, and the dream-like atmosphere they crafted feels original and compelling. In fact, my main criticism of the game's presentation is them not believing even more in what they were doing and doubling further down on weird Chtulhu-fae and dream-like logics. Sometimes it feels like they were a little afraid of going to ham on that stuff, but they shouldn't have been. It's probably the best and most original presentation of the arthurian legends I've seen in a video game.

Any fans of this game's presentation should watch The Green Knight by the way. Very similar in presentation, art style and when Knight's Tale's writing and dialogue is best, it utilizes the same bizarre fairy tale logic as the Green Knight:

Is this your first time loving a smaller RPG? This thread IS booming compared to similar games that should receive Codex-love. It nearly rivals Blackguards in activity which is a Codex fave. Compare it to something like Naheulbeuk which has like 3 posters. Me, that dwarf guy and mr. Barbarian

Last edited:

GloomFrost

Arcane

It really is top notch. The sombre feeling of post apo Avalon is very unique, and the dream-like atmosphere they crafted feels original and compelling. In fact, my main criticism of the game's presentation is them not believing even more in what they were doing and doubling further down on weird Chtulhu-fae and dream-like logics. Sometimes it feels like they were a little afraid of going to ham on that stuff, but they shouldn't have been. It's probably the best and most original presentation of the arthurian legends I've seen in a video game.

Any fans of this game's presentation should watch The Green Knight by the way. Very similar in presentation, art style and when Knight's Tale's writing and dialogue is best, it utilizes the same bizarre fairy tale logic as the Green Knight:

Is this your first time loving a smaller RPG? This thread IS booming compared to similar games that should receive Codex-love. It nearly rivals Blackguards in activity which is a Codex fave. Compare it to something like Naheulbeuk which has like 3 posters. Me, that dwarf guy and mr. Barbarian

BTW there is "Tainted Grail" game, its also set in the Arthurian Legend, dark Avalon realm. And the location and monster design looks really interesting. Anyone played it? I am kind of tempted but I just cant stand deck building games.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

BTW there is "Tainted Grail" game, its also set in the Arthurian Legend, dark Avalon realm. And the location and monster design looks really interesting. Anyone played it? I am kind of tempted but I just cant stand deck building games.

Boardgame nerds I trust have given the boardgame fairly poor reviews in the vein of "nice worldbuilding, cool organic story beats, wonky gameplay". I get the impression it's a lesser Gloomhaven. I'm still going to play the Campaign when it releases properly (the version currently out is sort of a sandbox version - like Gloomhaven Digital's "Guildmaster"-mode).

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

Yeah played it and finished it with all classes. And I cannot stand deck building games. Nice little rogue like deck building game, cannot recommend it enough.
That game too has top notch presentation like King Artur and IMHO it does most of things better than Arthut like voice overs, writing and soundtrack.
I'm actually hyped about their incoming main game in same setting.

Renevent

Cipher
I really wanted to like the Green Knight...it is a great looking movie with really cool atmosphere. I absolutely hated the characters though and it was just a slog to sit through.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Yeah played it and finished it with all classes. And I cannot stand deck building games. Nice little rogue like deck building game, cannot recommend it enough.
That game too has top notch presentation like King Artur and IMHO it does most of things better than Arthut like voice overs, writing and soundtrack.

Hyped even though you didn't like the gameplay?

Wouldn't call myself hyped, but if it's even just half as good as Gloomhaven I'll probably enjoy it.

GloomFrost

Arcane

Oh Damn you!! Why did you have to recommend it?? Now I absolutely have to buy and play Tainted Grail. The thing is that I really want more of that grim dark atmosphere but King Arthur simply got too tedious and boring after about 20 hours, not sure I will ever complete it. Maybe after they release that Free DLC developers promised. But then again having to download 120 gigs one more time hmmmm..........

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Is it only me or the mayhem of traps together with the overwatch make up for an awesome evening after a bad day's work.

hello friend

Arcane

Tainted Grail goes full retard on the grimdark. The whole game is shades of red and grey almost, it looks fucking ugly and uninteresting. Other than that, presentation is great, good VO work and as card games go it's not too shabby. Mixing and matching with runes is pretty fun, too. Your build and playstyle can vary a lot within a class depending on your choices.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom