Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - turnbased tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - now on Early Access

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Chippy Arcane

Chippy
    Should be almost playable in about a year or so then... :roll:

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Fextralife streaming early access rn. From the 10 mins I've watched so far it does look interesting. Keeping an eye on that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Chippy Arcane

Chippy
    Looking forward to this. Cant remember the last time I said that. :incline:

^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3079786

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    It's out:

https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/out-now-on-steam-early-access-king-arthur-knights-tale

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Harthwain Liturgist

Harthwain
    Intro reminds me of the battle for the Mount Doom from Lord of the Rings. A lot.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3082721

^ Top  
  9. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    And just like that, Darth Roxor exploded into nuclear rage.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1157390/discussions/0/3114770279417627905/

Can confirm it doesn't start on W7.

• decline x 3
    • Despair x 2
    • incline x 1
    • meh x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    It was to be expected you can always try Linux Comrade as to game it looks like typical kwan high fantasy shaite with ornamental sword, giant pauldrons and warrior wombyn cause its 2021 AS even in Hungary it seems.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    ^ Top  
  11. samuraigaiden Liturgist

samuraigaiden
    RPG Wokedex
    I hope this turns out to the good. I really do

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Renevent Arbiter

Renevent
    Playing it now, so far so good. Combat is fairly typical but it does cover most bases...positioning/backstabbing, ap utilization, overwatch, ap saving, line of sight, etc. The only aspect I haven't seen is elevation yet, no idea if that plays any role or if there's any maps that have different elevations at all.

Obviously haven't gotten that far yet but looking over the character sheets each character does seem to have a ton of customization options for leveling in addition to items (weapons, armor, trinkets, etc). There's also a really interesting 4-way morality system. You have righteous vs tyrant, and on the other axis old gods vs Christianity. Depending on your choices you go in either of those directions, and looking over it you can unlock new heroes and bonuses, and heroes of opposite morality with leave you as well.

Not sure how many knights are available exactly (at least in EA) but the portrait ui at the bottom of the screen seems to indicate 12 (yeah yeah, 12 knights of the round table lol).

Your base is Camelot and there's a HOMM style system where you re-build it over time and get access to new services.

I like the graphics and tone of the game, it's dark and the VO are fine.

*edit*

Okay...first bad part...EA is two campaign missions and takes ~1 hour. There are side missions to play through though so at this point no idea how many hours of content is here but it seems like a fairly small vertical slice. You also get 6 knights for EA.

Anyways overall I really like it so far and think it's going to be a good game, I just think it may be too light on content in it's current form for most folks.

*edit 2*

Should have read the announcement, here's what's included:

This Early Access version contains 2 story missions, 8 additional points of interests, 7 heroes from 4 classes (with a progression cap of level 5), 3 buildings to build and upgrade in Camelot, and an intro cinematic.

Based on what I've played so far that's maybe 4 hours of content.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Chippy Arcane

Chippy
    If it plays anything like the previous games, there were more than 12 knights, but 12 was the max that you could recruit. Which was interesting because they could still leave you if you pissed them off in the late game, when there were no more recruiting options. Looks like they've gone a step further here in that they can permanently die as well. :incline:

-I hope the Green Knight is in this game. Somebody should ask them how they handle death for him here - since he could sever his head in the first game and still live.

^ Top  
  14. Renevent Arbiter

Renevent
    Another thing wanted to mention, at least from what I've seen so far, is it's not crammed with SJW shit. Most of the knights are dudes so far, and the ones in heavy armor/melee are all dudes. The only chick I have so far is an archer which is cool. Seems a ton of RPG's these days make females into all the stronk tanks/melee which is retarded, and the dude into broken and whiney support characters.

Was reading the steam forums and one of the devs said there would be 30 heroes:

"On the other hand, you will be able to control more than 30 heroes and each of them will have their unique traits and appearance!:)"

• Brofist x 2
    • nice x 1
    • feels good man x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Downloading this now, waiting this kind of Camelot game for a long time!

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • incline incline x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Looks p. cool. I'll most likely buy EA to support the development.

^ Top  
  18. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    How is this any less retarded than
    ?

^ Top  
  19. Lord_Potato Arcane

Lord_Potato
    Well, archery does requires lots of strength (longbows) but not as much endurance as running around in heavy armor.

^ Top  
  20. Reinhardt Arcane

Reinhardt
    not just "lots of strength", it completely fucks up your skeleton

^ Top  
  21. Tacgnol Shitlord Patron

Tacgnol
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You can see Joe Gibbs, one of the few people alive today that can shoot a 160lb longbow at full draw, shooting in this video (around 13:30 mark):

He looks like he could crush things between his shoulder blades.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Harthwain Liturgist

Harthwain
    The concept of female archers is much easier to pass compared to a female knight. Mostly because of Diana/Artemis/Amazons. By the way, don't expect hyper-realism from the game. King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame had a few female knights, so it's not unlikely that we'll see some in this game as well.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. samuraigaiden Liturgist

samuraigaiden
    RPG Wokedex
    In reality, in the 5th and 6th centuries it would have been far more likely to find a female knight or a female archer than to find a female that was able to read.

^ Top  
  24. Lord_Potato Arcane

Lord_Potato
    There were no knights in 5th or 6th century.

^ Top  
  25. samuraigaiden Liturgist

samuraigaiden
    RPG Wokedex
    Arthurian stories are set in the late 5th, early 6th century.

:argh:

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.