Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looking forward to this. Cant remember the last time I said that. :incline:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3079786

The first day of battle draws near…

Steam keys

Backers will receive their copy of the game via email, and will be able to start playing as soon as the game is out on Steam. First we'll send out keys to everyone, and later we'll be in touch with high tier backers regarding extra rewards.

This very first version of the Early Access will contain 2 story missions and 8 side quests, with 5 playable heroes from 4 classes so that you can get acquainted with how the game plays, and prepare for the upcoming updates.

172bcb1b869c9a1bf6d0b8b474f8b6df_original.jpg

Updates
Speaking of updates - they'll happen regularly over the course of the entire Early Access period. We're curious what you'll think of the game, so we'll be in touch! Your feedback will influence the content and frequency of updates, so if you have something to say in connection with Knight's Tale, feel free to reach out to us! We'll be monitoring our channels, and ask for your feedback outside of those as well.

0f1f3a7700f9dcd2e59caded19d53dd8_original.jpg

Streaming
And now another frequently asked question: will you be able to stream the game? Yes! We'd be happy to see you play Knight's Tale over on Twitch, YouTube, or the streaming platform of your choice. If you're a creator, you're free to broadcast your content any time you like - drop a line on the Knight's Tale Discord when you're streaming!

And for something (f)extra
We're happy to announce that we teamed up with the folks at Fextralife, who will be creating the game's official Wiki. So if you're ever in need of that bit of extra push on how to defeat a foe or what upgrades to choose for a hero, make sure to check them out here:

https://kingarthurknightstale.wiki.fextralife.com/

There's nothing left but to ready our swords, bows and staves, Heroes, for a knightly quest awaits!

c1683e2581c72ebf829dda9c7897c5f0_original.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
It's out:

https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/out-now-on-steam-early-access-king-arthur-knights-tale

Greetings, Heroes!

We're pleased to announce that the Early Access version of King Arthur: Knight's Tale is now available and playable on Steam, with keys already sent out to our Kickstarter backers!

If you missed our crowdfunding campaign, you can also buy the game now and gain access to this early version - which, of course, will be automatically upgraded to the full game when it releases later this year.

This version contains 2 story missions, 8 additional points of interests, 7 heroes from 4 classes (with a progression cap at level 5), 3 buildings to build and upgrade in Camelot, and an exciting intro cinematic, which you can watch here:

If you're a Kickstarter backer and you haven't received your key, check the spam folder and make sure your e-mail address is the one you provided on Kickstarter, or give it some more time. If it still doesn't turn up, please contact us with your purchase details, we'll look into it.

Since Early Access is all about shaping the game, you may encounter bugs and freezes, but it is also an opportunity to share your thoughts, report any problems and let us know how we can improve the game before it releases in a few months. New updates and extra content will be rolled out periodically, but the entirety of the game won't be spoiled in the Early Access phase.

If you have any thoughts or questions, please comment here or use the Steam community threads, we'll try to get back to you as soon as we can. In any case, thank you for your support and feedback so far, and we hope your first steps in Avalon will prepare you for a tough, but engaging journey into the land of nightmares.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3082721

King Arthur: Knight's Tale is out now on Steam Early Access!

Time flies, huh? It was only a few weeks ago that we finished the Kickstarter campaign for Knight's Tale, and we're already at our next milestone. This couldn't have happened without you, our backers and supporters, so before we jump into anything, we'd like to take a moment and thank you for all your support these past few weeks. Here's to the next chapter!

We've just launched King Arthur: Knight's Tale on Steam Early Access, which means you should receive your King Arthur: Knight's Tale Steam key (or keys, if you backed a higher tier) today, if you were a backer. We've already started sending out the backer keys so you should have your keys in your inbox very soon! Be sure to check your spam folder too, just in case.

To activate the game, follow these steps:
  • Log in to Steam or go to store.steampowered.com to create an account and download the client.
  • In Steam's top menu, click "Games > Activate a Product on Steam"
  • Click "Next", read and accept the "Steam Subscriber Agreement"
  • Copy the code above in this window and click "Next"

While finishing up the Early Access, we've also worked hard on the game's CG intro, and it's a spectacle! You can watch it in-game, or if you'd rather not wait until the game is downloaded, you can also check it out below.

As mentioned before, the Early Access version features the very beginning of the campaign, including two story and several side missions, 7 playable heroes from 4 different classes, a level cap of 5 and some of the Camelot management mechanics. Since it is the beginning of our Early Access period, it means that the game is not completed, and you might bump into bugs, typos, some gameplay mechanics might be too difficult or too easy, but we'd like to use the Early Access period (around 3-7 months) to fine-tune everything, purge all the bugs and balance the gameplay based on your feedback. So be sure to drop your feedback here or on Discord or on any of our social sites!

We hope you'll enjoy your time with King Arthur: Knight's Tale!

Your feedback is incredibly valuable, so feel free to share your thoughts on any of our platforms: Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | YouTube | Steam store page

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
And just like that, Darth Roxor exploded into nuclear rage.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1157390/discussions/0/3114770279417627905/

dev said:
Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft and we also felt that sticking with Windows 10 would be the best. Hence the game does not support Windows 7 and will not likely to be changes in this regard in the future either.

Can confirm it doesn't start on W7.

It was to be expected you can always try Linux Comrade as to game it looks like typical kwan high fantasy shaite with ornamental sword, giant pauldrons and warrior wombyn cause its 2021 AS even in Hungary it seems.

Last edited:

Renevent

Cipher
Playing it now, so far so good. Combat is fairly typical but it does cover most bases...positioning/backstabbing, ap utilization, overwatch, ap saving, line of sight, etc. The only aspect I haven't seen is elevation yet, no idea if that plays any role or if there's any maps that have different elevations at all.

Obviously haven't gotten that far yet but looking over the character sheets each character does seem to have a ton of customization options for leveling in addition to items (weapons, armor, trinkets, etc). There's also a really interesting 4-way morality system. You have righteous vs tyrant, and on the other axis old gods vs Christianity. Depending on your choices you go in either of those directions, and looking over it you can unlock new heroes and bonuses, and heroes of opposite morality with leave you as well.

Not sure how many knights are available exactly (at least in EA) but the portrait ui at the bottom of the screen seems to indicate 12 (yeah yeah, 12 knights of the round table lol).

Your base is Camelot and there's a HOMM style system where you re-build it over time and get access to new services.

I like the graphics and tone of the game, it's dark and the VO are fine.

*edit*

Okay...first bad part...EA is two campaign missions and takes ~1 hour. There are side missions to play through though so at this point no idea how many hours of content is here but it seems like a fairly small vertical slice. You also get 6 knights for EA.

Anyways overall I really like it so far and think it's going to be a good game, I just think it may be too light on content in it's current form for most folks.

*edit 2*

Should have read the announcement, here's what's included:

This Early Access version contains 2 story missions, 8 additional points of interests, 7 heroes from 4 classes (with a progression cap of level 5), 3 buildings to build and upgrade in Camelot, and an intro cinematic.

Based on what I've played so far that's maybe 4 hours of content.

Last edited:

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure how many knights are available exactly (at least in EA) but the portrait ui at the bottom of the screen seems to indicate 12 (yeah yeah, 12 knights of the round table lol).

If it plays anything like the previous games, there were more than 12 knights, but 12 was the max that you could recruit. Which was interesting because they could still leave you if you pissed them off in the late game, when there were no more recruiting options. Looks like they've gone a step further here in that they can permanently die as well. :incline:

-I hope the Green Knight is in this game. Somebody should ask them how they handle death for him here - since he could sever his head in the first game and still live.

Renevent

Cipher
Another thing wanted to mention, at least from what I've seen so far, is it's not crammed with SJW shit. Most of the knights are dudes so far, and the ones in heavy armor/melee are all dudes. The only chick I have so far is an archer which is cool. Seems a ton of RPG's these days make females into all the stronk tanks/melee which is retarded, and the dude into broken and whiney support characters.

Was reading the steam forums and one of the devs said there would be 30 heroes:

"On the other hand, you will be able to control more than 30 heroes and each of them will have their unique traits and appearance!:)"

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
not just "lots of strength", it completely fucks up your skeleton

You can see Joe Gibbs, one of the few people alive today that can shoot a 160lb longbow at full draw, shooting in this video (around 13:30 mark):

He looks like he could crush things between his shoulder blades.

Harthwain

Magister
The only chick I have so far is an archer which is cool.
How is this any less retarded than
stronk tanks/melee
?
The concept of female archers is much easier to pass compared to a female knight. Mostly because of Diana/Artemis/Amazons. By the way, don't expect hyper-realism from the game. King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame had a few female knights, so it's not unlikely that we'll see some in this game as well.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
In reality, in the 5th and 6th centuries it would have been far more likely to find a female knight or a female archer than to find a female that was able to read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom