Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by conan_edw, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Darth Slaughter Arcane Patron

Darth Slaughter
    Divinity: Original Sin
    WTF!

• Agree Agree x 4
    ^ Top  
  2. Renegen Arcane

Renegen
    It was marketed as such, and people reacted negatively to it.

^ Top  
  3. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Guyz, there's a Wolfenstein 2 thread, ya'know?

I wouldn't be surprised if Vavra puts out some sort of "Enhanced Edition" at some point.

It was supposed to be a "Trilogy", if you look at the KickStarter you can see it was always intended to be three "Acts", the base game as released according to the devs now encompasses Act I+II though. It's up to Warhorse what they do with Act III, they can either build it up and sell it as an Expansion/Extended Edition or something or they can build a second game out of it with more budget and maybe take on the Hussite wars next.

The Official answer to this so far is: https://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/1354868867715048116/
    I don't think the finances will be much of an issue considering it sold 500k in its first two days and 1 million in its first week before any kind of Sales or Bundling, seeing as the entire production budget was somewhere between ~$10-15 million total.

There's strong hints and foreshadowing towards this conclusion in the very first Open World cutscene. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Shin Arbiter

Shin
    My guess is that they'll split up the third act into 2 or more DLC's, ensuring some income while doing pre-production stuff for their next main project.

^ Top  
  5. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    Probably first time I've genuinely thought quitting. Lost 4-6 hours worth of gameplay for some reason, all saves disappeared and reverted to some older save point.

:negative:

• Despair Despair x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make sure you're logged into Steam. I seem to remember something similar happening due to cloud save not functioning in one game or another.

^ Top  
  7. Belegarsson Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Patron

Belegarsson
    I'm a huge fan of The New Order and I have an everlasting hatred for The New Colossus. That should tell you something.
    Anyone found the number of wayfarer encounters to be a bit quite low? On top of my head, we have: legitimate knight, wannabe knight, treasure map seller, book seller, riddler, probably missing 1 or 2 more. Ambushes also get samey after awhile. Probably dev toned them down so fast traveling wouldn't waste much time.

^ Top  
  8. FFS, when she "heroically" tackles him, you can almost hear her baby's skull cracking in two between them.

^ Top  
  9. ~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-AIN'T Arcane Patron

~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-AIN'T
    Serpent in the Staglands Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Changing Wenceslaus would make no sense, it's like the one Czech name many people in the English-speaking world would know thanks to the Christmas carol. Maybe drop the "u" to match the carol.

^ Top  
  10. has anyone else experienced stolen items turning into normal items randomly on reload?

I sold around 7k worth of...creatively acquired...goods thanks to this.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Wilian Arcane Patron

Wilian
    I am logged to steam 24/7 so that shouldnt be an issue.

^ Top  
  12. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    It seems an item being 'stolen' decays over time based on various properties probably related to value and maybe where it was stolen/who it was from.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. KateMicucci Learned

KateMicucci
    This is *literally* the worst thing I've seen in video games in my entire life.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  14. Eyestabber Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    Wow...the
    Show Spoiler
    Night Raid is complete and utter garbage. How the fuck am I gonna carry Hans Capon when guards spawn right beside me and every hit means I drop the fucker to the ground?

Show Spoiler
    Nevermind. The way to do it is to just re-equip your plate before entering the house and then retreat to your bed and fight with stabs only (because there is no space for swinging). Bow might help too. What a shitshow...Jesus!

Real shame. I thought the game was improving once I was done with the monastery (I "skip" it by infiltrating at night and murdering the guy. Never became a monk), but this last quest was beyond the pale. Don't try to tell me someone playtested this, there are TONS of threads on various forums complaining about the same problems that I've encountered.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    I've quit playing until it gets a few patches tbh, nearly all the quests left in my log are bugged

• Rage Rage x 2
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. No, I mean they said they were stolen, then I reloaded and they weren't. Not a time or distance issue. The merchant refused me, I reloaded, went back to my chest, picked up the same items I did before and they weren't stolen anymore.

^ Top  
  17. Eyestabber Arcane Patron

Eyestabber
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    What happens to Henry's would-be-criminal friends from Skalitz? After I got the Cuman disguise the quest to actually do the raiding (where?) never showed up!

Also, has anyone said here already that polearms are OBVIOUS cut content? You can ask Bernard for training, but nothing happens. There is no Polearm skill either. Rushed development is rushed... =/

^ Top  
  18. Raghar Arcane

Raghar
    This means PC MASTER RACE screwed themselves when they added a person with black skin colorization but without actual black nose, into game that happened in ages when they called Greeks blacks.

Honestly I wonder why some people bother. I might view a mod that allowed to play as Joane as an attempt to allow player to play as a cute woman.

I spend a fair number of posts shitting on it nearly the same as I shat on mass effect 4. After they would release month of patches, I'd have the same opinion as Distracted Elf.

However I remember only cvv acting like 14 years old in love with some geezer that adores everything he does.

I actually wondered about this as well. I know from when I did noncomercial game development English can easily stomach foreign sounding names. (Some don't stomach non English voice acting, but when they have choice between native and English they are happy.) But names? It's no problem for them, it's not like they are forced to pronounce them.

Radzig is actually Polish stuff. But his ORIGINAL name isn't actually that strange, he could get it in Prague because these birds shat on Prague castle since year 850.
    [​IMG]
    There is a proof.

Purkrabí a konšel (burgrave and alderman). Killed by miners in 2. 2. 1416, along with 12 bodyguards, person who accompanied him to negotiations hidden himself and as only one survived. It's know he was favorite of Václav.

As for other names.
    They definitely should go with Jindřich. And avoid unnecessary German variations, or translations. They had quite a bit of PhDs and other stuff as consultants, it's weird they not did better job than me. I know Prague and 1350 history mainly from when I tried to trace Black Death and other stuff to find when it got into it for real, and if czech population was actually intermix between old population from last outbreak in 700 too unwanted by other European population to lose the immunity. Moravians at that time with more Slovan genes were felling in droves, thus no Slovan imunity (not to mention Russian fell down like Serbians). It's actually quite hard to find stuff because records from two important months are missing.

^ Top  
  19. I will say that bows on horseback are a definite exploit. Now, I wouldn't be saying that if enemies were smart enough to actually mount their own horses if they have them, but they can't/don't, so it's just overpowered.

^ Top  
  20. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I never saw a horse rider except in quests.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. PrettyDeadman Victim of C*dex *dministr*tion Patron

PrettyDeadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There are skills with perks for both pplearms and shield. You can finda mod which enables them by switching 2 flags in game files.

^ Top  
  22. Ezeekiel Liturgist

Ezeekiel
    Even without reactivating the polearms skill via mod you can still train it up by using polearms, training against bernard and having him do the menu training thing. Or maybe they patched that out recently?
    Skill was invisible but once I started using the polearms mod, you could see that the skill had actually already progressed to level 2 and then Bernard had trained it up to lvl 3 for me before I ever used the mod.

That being said, at least one of the polearm mods breaks polearms for the a.i. (they draw their sidearms instead).

^ Top  
  23. Junmarko Arcane

Junmarko
    WW2 wasn't inclusive enough (The Poles suffered the most under Nazi Germany - but they were white...)

So, make a setting where they conquered the entire planet, killing people of all skin colours. Now no one feels left out, especially Wakandan Americans, who haz been sufferingz.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. KateMicucci Learned

KateMicucci
    Now that the dust has settled, I'm realizing that KCD only does a few things better than modded Skyrim.

The graphics are better. You have more horse-related options. Layered armor is nice. The combat COULD be really good if it's rejiggered.

But in a game about historical knights, where humans are the only enemies, there isn't even jousting.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • retadred retadred x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    People are speculating that Wayfarer encounters are turned off for the Talmberg horserace and the game never turns them on again.

Btw. it has been discovered that the game is not only racist, but also deliberately transphobic!
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.