Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

jackofshadows

Magister
I have to say the combat is just really shit to be honest. Yeah i get its trying to be realistic and fighting 3 guys at once is supposed to be dangerous, but this game constantly pitches me in fights against multiple enemies. I have sword and defense 18 and i still get my shit pushed in simply because some enemies simply counter every attack i make or draw me into some struggle animation while the others get behind me and tear me a new one. The forced enemy lockon does really not help at all. I rely on luck to get through my master strike or i simply die.
Buy/steal a good mace and use it instead of sword. Move more when you're against multiple opponents.

Also here's the hint how to deal with bandit camps: boil some nightvision potions and come at bandits during nighttime: you'll be able to slice their throats easily.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I surprised myself when I went into the bandit camp and slaughtered the entire camp singlehandedly (over 15 enemies). Of course after going to sleep, the fuckers respawned, but it's definitely doable if you're fully armed to the teeth.

In this case I'd probably want to be a charismatic, good looking knight from the start

DlRZnlcWwAAiYjo

:obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously::obviously:

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I surprised myself when I went into the bandit camp and slaughtered the entire camp singlehandedly (over 15 enemies). Of course after going to sleep, the fuckers respawned, but it's definitely doable if you're fully armed to the teeth.
Some bandits are just Taliban-style haggards in rags, you can slaughter them easily. The ones in full plates tho are bad news bears, if 5+ of them descend on you, especially if they have dogs.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Some bandits are just Taliban-style haggards in rags, you can slaughter them easily. The ones in full plates tho are bad news bears, if 5+ of them descend on you, especially if they have dogs.

It was the camp with the bandits and Cumans. Nest of Vipers quest if I'm not wrong.

Funposter

Arcane

It was the camp with the bandits and Cumans. Nest of Vipers quest if I'm not wrong.
Ultimate super-challenge mode is going back to Skaltiz and just barging into areas with bandits. They're in good plate armour and will fuck you up.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Ultimate super-challenge mode is going back to Skaltiz and just barging into areas with bandits. They're in good plate armour and will fuck you up.

Also one of the best ways to exploit cheese earn gold since they keep respawning.

Paul_cz

Arcane
The budget was officially 36 mil USD

Incorrect. This number came from faulty Forbes reporting. Actual budget was closer to 18-20 million USD incl. marketing.
KCD was very cheap to make, considering its scope and production values.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
This shit still isn't fixed on consoles, game full of gamebreaking and refund worthy bugs and where every time someone asks if its worth it to buy on sale people respond "nope, not even at 10$, because at some point your game will break and you will need to restart".

Abandoning support for your customers and going radio silent for years is not a good way to do bushiness, and hopefully they are punished for it when their next game is released.

Valdetiosi

Scholar
The only issue I had before I upgraded my PC was texture pop in and stuttering.
The moment I upgraded to SSD with better CPU those were eliminated.

Even with few bugs that has resulted on quests unable to complete I would say it's worth of 30€.

Paul_cz

Arcane
This shit still isn't fixed on consoles, game full of gamebreaking and refund worthy bugs and where every time someone asks if its worth it to buy on sale people respond "nope, not even at 10$, because at some point your game will break and you will need to restart".

Abandoning support for your customers and going radio silent for years is not a good way to do bushiness, and hopefully they are punished for it when their next game is released.
1) who gives a fuck about consoles
2) it's not actually broken on consoles (I tried it on PS4 Pro)

Kem0sabe

Arcane

1. It's their biggest market, even the new Arma internal leaks say that console market is focus (and that game has one of the most "hardcore" fanbases on pc).

2. It is, theres a bunch of progression breaking bugs that force you to restart the game, not even a reload fixes them.

fork

It's perfectly fine on Xbox OneX.
It's actually a miracle how good it runs on this shitty hardware.

Skdursh

Savant

1. It's their biggest market, even the new Arma internal leaks say that console market is focus (and that game has one of the most "hardcore" fanbases on pc).

2. It is, theres a bunch of progression breaking bugs that force you to restart the game, not even a reload fixes them.
I played on PC so maybe there is some wild version difference with the consoles that I'm unaware of, but I've played this game to completion 3 times, intentionally making different decisions and taking alternative routes each time and I haven't run into a single game breaking bug.

Paul_cz

Arcane
No, the game made most money on PC. As did Cyberpunk btw.

Haven't ran into any of those.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I played on PC so maybe there is some wild version difference with the consoles that I'm unaware of, but I've played this game to completion 3 times, intentionally making different decisions and taking alternative routes each time and I haven't run into a single game breaking bug.

There is no wild difference other than the PC can run and look better with the right hardware.. When you did your 3 playthroughs did you deviate much from the main quest? How long was each playthrough?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom