Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well there was the KCD logo in their show's intro, hopefully it's not just a new soap or a board game or some shit.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They did say: expect news from twitter handles about their new games in very near future. So either this weekend or next year

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Is "Kingdom Come Sequel" a medieval RPG or a new heavy metal band?
The first thing that came to my mind was "Whoa, it looks like Smejki is breaking the non-disclosure agreement."
Just goofin with the AI, guys.
And it just so happens to be about highly anticipated game that just so happens might be in making that just so happens you might work on that just so happens to be during month when all big gaming companies like to announce new stuff

Oh, you Silly Goof :codexisfor:

Paul_cz

Arcane
That's nice and all but uh...where's the damn sequel? Or at least announcement of one. It better be at gamescom or at the latest, game awards, or we riot.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Smejki, can you confirm Henry is a teenager (say around 17-18) ? Some "Will Powers" from Deep Silver claimed back at release that Henry is "27ish" which strikes me as obvious nonsense.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Henry's age is not mentioned but his circumstances and the way he's refered to all the time should make it quite clear. He's supposed to be an old teenager (like 17-19, 20 at max) though we do realize the visuals don't help since the actor was 40 at the time.
Hans Capon is supposed to be of similar age and he's a historical figure. He was 15 in 1403.

Wunderbar

Arcane
uBhwCUV.jpg

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I just started playing and I fear I might have accidentally destroyed the in game economy.

So almost right at the start of the game you get sent back to Skalitz to dig up some money someone hid there. Seems like a simple enough quest but when I get there I notice that there is right going on between some guards and some ridiculously well equipped bandits.

I join in and after its done I loot all the corpses. Suddenly i go from barely having a sword to being decked out in top like gear and I can sell the rest of the stuff for several thousand.

Suddenly i have completely upended any economic reason to engage in any quest, there is no excitement about loot and I have no reason to engage in several game systems. The reward for the quest that sent me to Skalitz was 20 groschen by comparison...

Should I just dump the equipment and money as to not destroy the power progression? Also, why the fuck would there be both guards and fully equipped bandits in an area you get sent for a very early game fetch quest?!

Quillon

Arcane
I don't remember the loot in Skalitz second(third?) time around but getting requested to go to Skalitz from Rattay that early is a big ask just cos of the distance and you'll just put the immidiate content around you on hold :/ I played the game a few times but never went back to Skalitz right away after waking up near Rattay.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I just started playing and I fear I might have accidentally destroyed the in game economy.

So almost right at the start of the game you get sent back to Skalitz to dig up some money someone hid there. Seems like a simple enough quest but when I get there I notice that there is right going on between some guards and some ridiculously well equipped bandits.

I join in and after its done I loot all the corpses. Suddenly i go from barely having a sword to being decked out in top like gear and I can sell the rest of the stuff for several thousand.

Suddenly i have completely upended any economic reason to engage in any quest, there is no excitement about loot and I have no reason to engage in several game systems. The reward for the quest that sent me to Skalitz was 20 groschen by comparison...

Should I just dump the equipment and money as to not destroy the power progression? Also, why the fuck would there be both guards and fully equipped bandits in an area you get sent for a very early game fetch quest?!
It doesn't matter. Your character is going to suck fighting in the beginning anyway until you start building up abilities in melee fighting. With the better armor and equipment you'll just die slightly slower. Also, the in-game economy is not going to be broken since you'll be constantly spending all your money on training up your skills. Even towards the end game I was constantly finding ways to spend all my loot.

fork

[...] Also, the in-game economy is not going to be broken since you'll be constantly spending all your money on training up your skills. [...]

Not to mention repairing his armour.

jackofshadows

Magister
You'll brake it sooner or later anyway. It's an open world game, there're so many ways to gain coin so it doesn't really matter. Tho I agree, you've broken your char progression a bit, that's for sure. Just continue playing.

SlamDunk

Arcane
I'm very eager to see how a Kingdom Come game looks with proper global illumination, ray-traced reflections and so on. Provided, of course, that KC2 will actually have those graphical features...

Gerrard

Arcane
But didn't Cryengine already have some form of global illumination? Yet KCD has the problem of pitch-black shadows at night that I've mentioned before (which also make the night vision potion useless).

SlamDunk

Arcane
But didn't Cryengine already have some form of global illumination?
Yes, but, although it made KCD look great, it left a lot to be desired. That's why I said "proper".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom