Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us on February 11th

thesecret1

Arcane
But then what's the appeal of a Collector's Edition? Just to have a box of cheap rubbish sit on your shelf?
Hasn't that been the point of Collector Editions since the very beginning?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm disappointed CE has yet another figurine. It seems like a boring 'list check' for all recent CEs that takes most of the money of CE. They can't think of anything else?

For example, something like this with KCD engravings: I found this in 15 seconds for about 30€ on Allegro, wouldn't be something like this be much cooler? Or they could think of something, ANYTHING but yet another figurine.

sc.png

Better yet, they had a perfect opportunityt to make a dice set so I could play dice with Kingdom Come engravings...

But no, yet another fucking figurine. I'm not paying for that.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Better yet, they had a perfect opportunityt to make a dice set so I could play dice with Kingdom Come engravings...
Dice set was part of the KCD1 CE so I guess they didn't want to repeat it
Sword was part of KCD1 kickstarter rewards and it was a nightmare for the studio, e.g. some people (like brazilians) could never get it because of laws and WHS had to refund them

I would be personally 100% happy with the CE if it had artbook and steelbook, these two missing annoy me.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hasn't that been the point of Collector Editions since the very beginning?
They used to at least have a copy of the game in there...
I don't give a shit about a physical copy of a game that's totally obsolete after a few months worth of patches anyway.

As Konjad said, the other stuff is way more disappointing. Who the fuck wants a figurine? What would you even do with it, put it in a shelf to collect dust, like an 11 yo boy? A dice set should've been an absolute must, plus they had TONS AND TONS of medieval-themed things to choose from, instead of a childish fucking figurine.

As Paul said, a sword is nice but a) it's almost as useless as a figure and b) legally it's problematic.

But how about a stirring spoon Henry uses, with a nice KCD or WH engraving? Or a noble ring replica? Or a money satchel NPC carry around? Or a goddamn handful of groschen. Or a million other types of a medieval adornment you could actually wear? There's so much you could do, instead of this boring corporate checklist. It's especially glaring in a KCD game that's always tries to hard to be unique and stand out.

DKunit

Literate
Maybe that's what it's called when you brew it yourself with Alchemy? Because the narrator referred to it by it's original name, and Tobi has still been referring to it as Savior Schnapps whenever asked about it.

damager

Arbiter
They should put it on a SD card, with a little label, like a gameboy cardridge :cool:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Vavra about the script:

- it's 2 200 000 words
- that's about 100 average two-hour movie scripts
- about 25 average novels
- there are almost 3 average movies worth of cutscenes

Beowulf

Arcane
And if you were to print it you would have to cut down the forest of the average football stadium side, and if you were to put it all together it would form a column about the height of 4 average big macs.
Oh, and doing that would last as long as watching 5 average length superhero movies.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Deadass

Savant
fuck how time flies, i still remember when i backed the first one years ago on ks and now i just preordered the gold edition of this one
im gonna cooonsume

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom