Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - remaster from THQ Nordic with Fatesworn expansion

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
https://amalur.thqnordic.com

https://af.gog.com/game/kingdoms_of_amalur_rereckoning?as=1649904300

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the 2012 RPG from controversial former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling's ill-fated development studio 38 Studios and publisher EA, is making a comeback of sorts.

New rights-owner THQ Nordic is re-releasing the game in August with Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. German studio Kaiko is said to be handling the re-release.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-is-getting-a-rereleas/1100-6478030/

Last edited by a moderator:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh come on guys!
The graphics were colorful, the combat was pretty fantastic really; the best action RPG combat this side of Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls
Ok granted the view distance was atrocious and the gameworld itself was mostly forgettable but if the devs tweak the view distance so giant mushrooms don’t pop up 5 meters from your character, update the textures a bit and add a smooth 60 fps its a very nice action RPG I would love to have on my Switch for $20

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the game itself is really mediocre but the combat was pretty good. knowing THQ i hope this paves a way to a sequel that's not a scrapped MMO.

JDR13

Arcane
Oh come on guys!
The graphics were colorful, the combat was pretty fantastic really; the best action RPG combat this side of Dragons Dogma and Dark Souls
Ok granted the view distance was atrocious and the gameworld itself was mostly forgettable but if the devs tweak the view distance so giant mushrooms don’t pop up 5 meters from your character, update the textures a bit and add a smooth 60 fps its a very nice action RPG I would love to have on my Switch for $20

:retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded::retarded:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I played 10ish hours of this and remember thinking the combat was okay and the lore seemed interesting, but everything else was boring and padded. Wonder if they could speed up the game a lot for a remaster, but I'd guess nothing gameplay wise will change.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Game is piss-easy on the hardest setting. It's also extremely shallow with generic quests, locations, and copy-paste dungeons that all look-alike. The world is empty and feels like you're playing a buggy pre-alpha single-player version of WoW. Combat is fun but content is absolute trash.

Silverfish

Arbiter
This is actually pretty funny. The original release was, for all intents and purposes, sent out to die by EA, coming out between Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. With the benefit of eight years of hindsight, you'd think Nordic would have taken a lesson, but instead they want to release a remake of a game that wasn't all that popular to begin with a month before Cyberpunk. Bold strategy.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Hell yes! This news just made my week!
It needs hardcore, nightmare difficulty settings and NG+ done right.
Beside pumping up the numbers?
You need competent people under different publisher for that so yeah, nah.

I can barely remember it despite trying it twice. Same with Two Worlds.
TW had decent crafting and magic system but yeah, everything else screams bland.

norolim

Arcane
:deadhorse:

I remember playing a demo of this turd, when it was released. Glad I did, cause it was utter garbage.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
On the one hand, nobody gives a shit about this.

On the other, this is a sign that THQ Nordic actually does something with their IPs rather than just hoarding them and doing nothing. Look at all the IPs owned by studios like EA for example, and how they've been lying dormant for years.

It's cool that THQ Nordic actually cares about its less popular IPs. And they're well known for being a hands-off publisher when it comes to their devs.

This is good news.

typical user

Arbiter
I managed 100 % on Kingdoms of Amalur not counting few quests which were bugged and wouldn't disappear from quest log. It's a single-player MMO. The story is about a fearie-Hitler commiting junta on his fellow men and starting WWII:Remastered and you stopping him. The first portion of the game on the west lands is fairly open but the eastside is just walking from point A to B and killing the big bad + his dragon. The game was shy on telling the story of your character before his death and resulting amnesia but they do tell that you are chosen one and if I remember right you traded part of yourself or made some other sacrifice to not be bound to fate like others to have an upper hand in fighting faerie Hitler. The best part of the story is build-up and then breaking the siege of dark-elves town on east lands. Everything else is really forgettable plus the game goes Skyrim-route and tries to railroad you into every cave known to man. The combat is great thanks to animations and skills which can be comboed together but the balance is on the MMO side as Reckoning was a singleplayer reboot for a project intended for multiplayer. The game has some weird level-scaling which happens when you enter new area if I am right. So you do some quests and realize enemies are no threat to you because you outlevel them. The endgame was even worse because I remember when I crafted pristine gems and custom armor, nothing could even take a single hitpoint from my character. I recommend Swordmaster playstyle/class as it gives high dex mobility but also has high damage coming from warrior class.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
I don't see what is wrong with it. The game was literally garbage but even so it was much better than most of the games in Codex GOTY lists these days. I mean you faggots awarded the 2019 RPG GOTY to a fucking visual novel.

templar is back! συντροφε δεν ειχες δωσει ορκο στον τρισμεγιστο Δια οτι δεν θα ξαναπατησεις εδω?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'd buy that for a dollar!

All in all, it's indeed a single-player MMO, it's not all that good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom