Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - remaster from THQ Nordic with Fatesworn expansion

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by vortex, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

https://thqnordic.com/article/new-e...re-reckoning-fatesworn-releases-december-14th

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wasn't the level cap already 50 though

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Tavar Arbiter Patron

Tavar
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Hm... the trailer doesn't tell us anything substantial and the summary is also quite generic. I'm not sure what to expect or why they even made this addon (despite the obvious reason of making more money) as the base game already has more than enough content. 20€ also seems quite steep. So far, I see no reason to buy this.

^ Top  
  4. Decado Prestigious Gentleman Old time handsome face wrecker Patron

Decado
    Codex 2014
    I will only buy this if they fix the fucking menu screen. The UI in this game is absolutely horrible. Them not fixing it in the re-release is its biggest flaw.

I always felt kinda bad for Kingdoms of Amalur, like it never got the respect it deserved. For a fantasy action game it is not bad. Way too easy, but a fun gameplay loop. There was just a whole bunch of shit in it that was unrealized; they could've done so much more with things like the day/night cycle, weather, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Ravielsk Scholar

Ravielsk
    Yeah, fuck that I am not paying for this shit a third time, expansion or no expansion. They would have to put out something really exceptional to justify it at half the price. Amalur was never particularly great either as a gameplay experience or a story and 9(soon 10) years later it certainly has not gotten better. I could imagine people giving it a chance at a significant discount but right now I doubt many would even bother sailing the high seas for it.

^ Top  
  6. lycanwarrior Learned

lycanwarrior
    • incline incline x 1
    • Bro, do you even lift? Bro, do you even lift? x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
  8. Sykar Arcane

Sykar
    [​IMG]

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.