Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - remaster from THQ Nordic with Fatesworn expansion

Funposter

Arcane
The story is about a fearie-Hitler commiting junta on his fellow men and starting WWII:Remastered and you stopping him..

This sounds quite good, actually.

bec de corbin

Educated
If their expansion comes out and is incredible then maybe people will care, but otherwise what is there to say? It's Amalur, it hasn't changed.

Radech

Augur
It's 50% off on steam right now, 20 yoyos, what is KriticalKodexKonsensus?

Haven't really enjoyed an rpg since kingdom come deliverance.

Should I buy this or get my shit together and finish kingmaker?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1041720/view/2948157387798038082

Fatesworn DLC Update: The Gale Crossing
148fde08ae198272c2509d9b9d7d8b07edd3007f.jpg

It’s been a long time coming, but we’re finally ready to give you a peek behind the curtain of Re-Reckoning’s upcoming DLC: Fatesworn. We’re wrapping up the final stages of production and in the meantime, we’d like to share a preview of the world of Fatesworn. Introducing: Gale Crossing!

Centuries ago, Gale Crossing was an integral stop on the bustling trade route known as the Sativa Road, a treacherous passage over the mountains that brought wealth and industry to a region once considered unlivable. But all good things must come to an end. After series of catastrophic foreign wars, the price of Sativa Fiber dropped dramatically, devastating the Sativa industry and gutting the region’s importance as a source of this once-valuable reagent. Despite these tragedies, Gale Crossing remains a crucial junction for travelers hoping to pass safely through the Eldrith Mountains.

After the fall of the Sativa Road, residents of Gale Crossing continued to rely on outsiders for their survival. Courageous travelers and merchants still hoped to pass through the mountains as a more direct alternative to shipping by sea, but the vast infrastructure for such treks began to disintegrate quickly without attention and maintenance. High Sativa prices had driven the boom times, funding improvements along the trade route, supplying Gale Crossing and smaller camps with the equipment to support travelers and their teams. Without this money, the mountain passes soon returned to their natural state, deadly and impassable.

unseeingeye

Cleric/Mage
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I tried to play the original and was astonished that so many people had recommended it. That it got remastered and rereleased was yet another blow to my estimation of our species.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
:necro:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1041720/view/2948157387798038082

Fatesworn DLC Update: The Gale Crossing
148fde08ae198272c2509d9b9d7d8b07edd3007f.jpg

It’s been a long time coming, but we’re finally ready to give you a peek behind the curtain of Re-Reckoning’s upcoming DLC: Fatesworn. We’re wrapping up the final stages of production and in the meantime, we’d like to share a preview of the world of Fatesworn. Introducing: Gale Crossing!

Centuries ago, Gale Crossing was an integral stop on the bustling trade route known as the Sativa Road, a treacherous passage over the mountains that brought wealth and industry to a region once considered unlivable. But all good things must come to an end. After series of catastrophic foreign wars, the price of Sativa Fiber dropped dramatically, devastating the Sativa industry and gutting the region’s importance as a source of this once-valuable reagent. Despite these tragedies, Gale Crossing remains a crucial junction for travelers hoping to pass safely through the Eldrith Mountains.

After the fall of the Sativa Road, residents of Gale Crossing continued to rely on outsiders for their survival. Courageous travelers and merchants still hoped to pass through the mountains as a more direct alternative to shipping by sea, but the vast infrastructure for such treks began to disintegrate quickly without attention and maintenance. High Sativa prices had driven the boom times, funding improvements along the trade route, supplying Gale Crossing and smaller camps with the equipment to support travelers and their teams. Without this money, the mountain passes soon returned to their natural state, deadly and impassable.

Nice, planning to get it.

Loved the remaster, having never played the original back in the day.

The combat is easily way better and more visceral than Skyrim's...

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1041720/view/3068634383629944423

024af6750e3141df807ebfd6d99890ae2ce15ba0.jpg

We are in the final production stages for the Amalur Fatesworn expansion and we'd like to give another update. Unfortunately, the whole project was more challenging than we initially anticipated as we had to rebuild the content creation pipeline from the ground up. Without these tools, we would not have been able to build new worlds, dungeons, items, and other core RPG elements. However, we are in the last stages of polishing and plan to wrap it up in the next couple of weeks.

Below is a short taste of what awaits you in the upcoming Fatesworn Expansion:

Chaos Realm
It begins as a tear, a small gash in the fabric of reality, before widening into a gaseous purple maw emanating whispers. The hideous shriek of Niskaru will be the last thing you hear, as Chaos comes to Amalur. Across the land, unnatural rifts have begun to appear, filling the world with twisted spawns born from the Chaos Realm, a cursed domain, and a warped, inverted version of our own natural world. Some dared to enter these haunting portals only to find themselves hopelessly lost, prey to a labyrinth of tangled pathways, tainted magic, and ravenous beasts.

Are these the end times? Regardless of scholarly opinion, one thing is true: The Fateless One’s resurrection ruptured the delicate barrier between the mortal world and Esharra, the realm of pure magic, home to gods and monsters. As the Crystal War winds to a close, Amalur, already in a state of great unrest, teeters on the brink of total Chaos. New threats have emerged in the west, deep in the snowy Eldrith Mountains, and there is only one who possesses the power to stop them.

BruceVC

Magister
I played this game about 8 months ago and I completed it after about 140 hours

It was okay and mostly fun but I wouldnt recommend it because I found the combat to be easiest in any game I have ever played. Their was simply no challenge and you need challenge in combat to make any RPG rewarding and worthwhile

And then the lore was forgettable, I love lore generally in RPG but in this game the whole narrative was not interesting

Jacob

Pronouns: Nick/Her
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Why do you find my comment strange
It's because there are not many here that still adhere to the classic Codexian values, and that's why you're post is an interesting fresh air!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom