Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - remaster from THQ Nordic with Fatesworn expansion

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alyn Shir got bigger tiddies.
You can't even get her armor for yourself. Why bother with this shit game.
Soooo.....you like to wear female armour....
:updatedmytxt:
I like to wear not ugly armor. And all other amalur armors are clown shit from wow.
A shy tranny then......ok

20773.jpg

Perception roll: 1

Falksi

Arcane
Holy shit, very good news IMO.

KOAR was for me a 6/10 game - Bloated, piss-easy, loot filled trash with around 60-70% worth of stuff which did nothing but drown out any goodness or fun. BUT, and it's a big Alexis Texas sweet to taste when it's sat on your face but, the good content in there was really fun.

Combat everyone knows about, but the general vibe, some of the dryness in the humour, the main quests and around 3/4's of the secondary quests I had some really good fun with. If you played concentrating on only main quest & side-quests it's worth a playthrough.

Ramp up the difficulty, trim down the bloat or add more quality content so that said bloat has a purpose, and this could be worth the remaster.

Doubt they will though. Difficulty increase I expect, but reckon they'll leave the bloat still there.

Last edited:

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure why KoA combat has such a good reputation, it's been many years and not long I played this game before I dropped it out of boredom (I still have an old save from 2012 or so, lol) but I remember the combat as being as bland and popamole as the rest of the game. Press the awesome button and make stuff die. For comparison with another action RPG of the same generation, I am playing Dragon's Dogma at the moment at THAT games combat is fucking fun. KoA doesn't hold a candle to that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I like to wear not ugly armor. And all other amalur armors are clown shit from wow.

20773.jpg

No need to roll when i edit my stats to 20 with cheatengine :lol:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Holy shit, very good news IMO.

KOAR was for me a 6/10 game - Bloated, piss-easy, loot filled trash with around 60-70% worth of stuff which did nothing but drown out any goodness or fun. BUT, and it's a big Alexis Texas sweet to taste when it's sat on your face but, the good content in there was really fun.

Combat everyone knows about, but the general vibe, some of the dryness in the humour, the main quests and around 3/4's of the secondary quests I had some really good fun with. If you played concentrating on only main quest & side-quests it's worth a playthrough.

Ramp up the difficulty, trim down the bloat or add more quality content so that said bloat has a purpose, and this could be worth the remaster.

Doubt they will though. Difficulty increase I expect, but reckon they'll leave the bloat still there.
There is not really a way to decrees the bloat as you say,maybe if they remove monster respawn.

Reinhardt

Arcane

20773.jpg

No need to roll when i edit my stats to 20 with cheatengine :lol:
So that's why you love amalur - even you can finish it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I haven't thought about this game in a long time. Didn't the devs namedrop Torment for nostalgia points? I faintly remember game journos drawing parallels between the Mortuary and Amalur's first location. Also, amnesia, rising from the dead, fateful connection to the final boss, so forth.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I haven't thought about this game in a long time. Didn't the devs namedrop Torment for nostalgia points? I faintly remember game journos drawing parallels between the Mortuary and Amalur's first location. Also, amnesia, rising from the dead, fateful connection to the final boss, so forth.
The protagonist is called the Fateless One.

Codex Year of the Donut
No real similarities between them.

Citizen

It had good action combat ideas, shame they were wasted on such a shit game. Instead of remaking this turd they'd better make a sequel with the same combat mechanics and less retarded world design/quests/characters

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It had good action combat ideas, shame they were wasted on such a shit game. Instead of remaking this turd they'd better make a sequel with the same combat mechanics and less retarded world design/quests/characters

That would mean doing actual work instead of quick cash grab, so not going to happen.

Or perhaps if the remaster works very well, they'll do a sequel afterward, like THQ Nordic did with Darksiders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom