Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning - remaster from THQ Nordic with Fatesworn expansion

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
LOL. Only 50% off for owners.

I've watched the promo let's play. It's just not worth it for a game that wasn't worth the initial price first time around.

I honestly don't know who they think will buy this. There's little to no new work having gone into it.

Codex Year of the Donut
50% off? I'll take two!
s420.gif

jf8350143

Liturgist
The graphics looks pretty much the same as the original. Not sure what they do to "improve it".

But on the other hand, the original's graphics are fine.

What surprise me is that they are willing to make an extra dlc for the game,

Sykar

Arcane
LOL. Only 50% off for owners.

I've watched the promo let's play. It's just not worth it for a game that wasn't worth the initial price first time around.

I honestly don't know who they think will buy this. There's little to no new work having gone into it.

Yeah hard pass for me. 50% of what, 60 euros? Pfff game is barely worth 10. The game is in bad need of a major gameplay overhaul.

Takamori

Learned
Should I play this? Never played this because a friend of mine back in the days said it was just a glorified MMO in single player format

Avarize

Magister

Falksi

Arcane
Should I play this? Never played this because a friend of mine back in the days said it was just a glorified MMO in single player format
It's like solo leveling through an MMO and then quitting before all the fun stuff.

It's casual, dumb fun. But if you play it right it can be good fun.

Wouldn't buy brand new, would grab it on the cheap & give it a go.

Don't pirate, because piracy is wrong.

Deleted member 7219

Is there a paid upgrade for those of us who have the game on Origin?

Drakortha

Liturgist
I love paying for patches in 2020.

What these clowns should have done is release the patch for free because let's face it, these are FIXES not content. Paying for a FOV slider is dumb. Releasing new content and charging for it is cool, and releasing the patch prior would have been a good primer for it. But of course greedy publishers want their money up front for shit that's not out yet for another year..

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
The whole thing really feels like a paid HD mod, textures look barely better and apparently only some textures were improved which destroys the coherent look of the game. Difficulty/Level Scaling Improvements are nice at least. The best thing is that they didn't change the main menu so I wasn't sure at first if I even started the right version of the game. This edition is probably work in progress so I wonder why they didn't wait for the expansion to get released.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom