Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Knights of Honor II: Sovereign - medieval grand strategy with RTS battles

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://knightsofhonor.com

https://twitter.com/BlackSeaGames

DIJ6zxlXsAMwwPG.jpg

That might be something else too, but the UI and developer sure implies it would be KoH 2.
KOH is what Total War should have been IMO. Streamlined and deeper strategic gaming, less than mediocre AI (not sure it is better or worse than TW).

It will be published by Paradox. Or not given that Black Sea Studios has been bought by Sega.

Last edited by a moderator:

mbv123

Arbiter
I don't mind if it's similar to Total War, as long as we get some Historical Medieval strategy game. I just hope it's good.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't mind if it's similar to Total War, as long as we get some Historical Medieval strategy game. I just hope it's good.
The first one had lots of interesting ideas and a very dumb AI. But some mods made it much better iirc.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
My bad, Black Sea Studios have been bought by sega. Not sure how it will end up as it is awfully close to Total War (that it, total war if the strategic layer made any sense).

It's a bit confusing, but this Black Sea Games seems different studio with the one SEGA acquired:

- In November 2016, the founder and some developers left Crytek Black Sea (Black Sea Studios before it acquired by Crytek), and formed a new independent studio Black Sea Games

- And then in March 2017, SEGA acquired what remains of Crytek Black Sea, and renamed it as Creative Assembly Sofia

- So, Black Sea Games and Creative Assembly Sofia are two different studios

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I hope they have the same composer doing the soundtrack.One of the best soundtracks,far better than any paradox game.In EU4,HoI4 and CK2 i stop the music,while i play KoH soundtrack.

Fargus

Arcane
Can you refresh my memory. I thought Blacksea was bought by Cuntek in 2008 and they did nothing good since then. Are they Sega's bitches now? Their twatter acc says they are independent. Nvm, just noticed Less T_T's post.

In any case this is somewhat good news. I loved the original KoH back when i was a teen, replayed it many times over the years. Let's see how it turns out.

I hope they have the same composer doing the soundtrack.One of the best soundtracks,far better than any paradox game.In EU4,HoI4 and CK2 i stop the music,while i play KoH soundtrack.

Yes, i hope so. Borislav made fucking amazing soundtrack. I enjoyed some of his other work. Really talented guy.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am curious if it will be the same studio,the first one is a Bulgarian game,so was the composer for the soundtrack.

Hi there Black Sea Games if the new secret project is anything related to KoH, it might be a good idea to check some of the people that have worked on the big mods for KoH (http://www.moddb.com/games/knights-of-honor)
I have played them and there some amazing things added to the game - new music, new buildings with same art style, logic of the game, troop count and etc. Hope it helps you out.
So excited to see your new secret project
2764.png
All the best!

P.S. if I drop by your Sofia office would I get a sneak peak on what you are working on ?
1f603.png

1f642.png
.... you can take a look, but then we have to keep you in the office until it's announced!
1f642.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom