Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone gotten past King Kill-The-Whole-Fucking-Party-With-One-Spell yet?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
At the green goblin encounter when you go left from the arena now.

Managed to defeat all of those enemies, except for their caster boss... who proceeded to kill three of my characters with some maximized energy bolt.

Great.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
PSA workarounds:

To skip the crash after the Cultist fight:
Save. Alt+F4. Load. Do whatever choices you like. Win the fight. MASH CTRL+S until the savegame screen comes up. This should avoid the crash.
To skip crashing in the Pool room:
Save. ALT+F4. Load. Dive. Win the fight. Save. ALT+F4. Reload. Exit Pool.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You're a fucking madman if you can survive the Tomb without doing the Goblin fight first. :salute:
My new party should be able to do it...

Mortmal

Arcane
Has anyone gotten past King Kill-The-Whole-Fucking-Party-With-One-Spell yet?
No not yet, spent 30 minutes carefully killing all the gobs scorpion and frogs one by one , only king left, he kill all my new party with chain lightning too.I dont even have many tools to face this no silence, and not enough diversity in magic items.Could use more free movement items.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I killed his ass and all his little bitchboy friends with everyone in my party alive, but there was a goblin barbarian who had -13 health still on the turn list and he wouldn't go away and I couldn't do anything with him so combat never ended.

I'm going to have a heart attack if I keep playing this game in its current state.

Mortmal

Arcane
I killed his ass and all his little bitchboy friends with everyone in my party alive, but there was a goblin barbarian who had -13 health still on the turn list and he wouldn't go away and I couldn't do anything with him so combat never ended.

I'm going to have a heart attack if I keep playing this game in its current state.
Probably too its health damaging for sure . I wonder if its worth buying that SR 28 cloack for 168k...

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Do you have to help the grey goblins in the arena? I tried letting them kill each other but it seems the greens always win and if you get involved you take like 4 fireballs to the face

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Do you have to help the grey goblins in the arena? I tried letting them kill each other but it seems the greens always win and if you get involved you take like 4 fireballs to the face

No, but the payoff is way bigger and well worth it, plus you can get Erzimon. The key to winning that fight is to use the chaos scroll during the first wave to keep the greens occupied and then hope that all the grey psions stay alive to burn down the second wave.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I don't know how to get enough +1 weapons to deal with the Gargoyle/Portcullis without killing the minotaur and the ratmen...

Edit: sigh, used a summoned slime and bleeding (???) to kill them.

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
The portcullis can be knocked down with grease and yeah, it's susceptible to bleeding. The way I did it was to keep it preoccupied with a skeleton while I finished off the mimics and gargoyle, then I ganged up on the portcullis which kept falling over.

Mortmal

Arcane

Yes you absolutely have to pick the grey side, cause you are missing quest xp , a level 7 companion, and another battle for more xp. It's impossible to finish the game without that. Also psionist is really mandatary, he can field so many walls its the key for winning that king encounter.The companion also prevent the surprise attack from lizardmen.
Pierre should have completely removed the choice of faction rather than screw people like that.

Noddy

Augur
Alright i'm done for the night. Got to the ladder in the Crypt. Cruised through with fireballs.

Hope the challenge picks up soon. :smug:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
It feels like I'm in an abusive relationship, and I keep coming back for more abuse.

I'll probably be back at it again tomorrow, because there's a good game I've been waiting for underneath the bugs, but damn it's so frustrating when shit like that happens.

Each battle is just going to get worse and worse and having some lame bug wreck things is maddening. You need to keep the king busy trying to dispel fields and what not so he doesn't summon that vrock or cast empowered fuckyouiwin, the rest of those guys are losers and can just be whittled down. I kept them busy with webs, fields, and summons. I ended up using the acorns of earthquake on him and finished him off before he could get back up.

EDIT: although the magebane will banish the vrock, but still, you need to HIT it first.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Is this what crack is like? Where you know it’s going to suck but you look forward to it all day anyways?

Lilliput McHammersmith

In case anyone was wondering, yes the mimic fight freaking sucks. So much worse than the Goblin fight. That one was actually really fun

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Yeah p.much. I'd also like to remind all you minmaxers and restarters out there that I'm doing this with a party full of kobolds, even the companion is a kobold. :martini:

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In case anyone was wondering, yes the mimic fight freaking sucks. So much worse than the Goblin fight. That one was actually really fun
I found the mimic fight much easier and did it first. Mimics don't throw fireballs. Web from the wizard to keep half stuck in place and Grease and Entangling Ectoplasm from the Psion to disable the portcullis while I hit it for 2-3 damage at a time. Can't remember how I dealt with the gargoyle. Sleep maybe. Having one dude with a reach weapon makes Web great, by the way.

That reminds me, can you ever find ranged weapons? I think you find one plain bow early, but the rat dude doesn't sell any.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I didn't get any ranged weapons until I got the prize from beating the goblins in the arena, nice bow too. Oh, friendly reminder that the grey goblins are selling an arrow of slaying, probably a good idea to buy that.

Lilliput McHammersmith

Ok guys I know we all have great party suggestions, I have another one for the pile.

Strongfist Half-Giant Fighter with a reach weapon and Mantle of Frazzagar with Flashover +1 means that he hits very hard when he hits and he is able to trip very well. And when he does get hit, he hits back with fire thanks to Flashover +1. The Mantle means he’s invulnerable against most low level spells which means that fireballs ain’t no thing.

Plus, he triggers AOO from two tiles away. It feels like cheating, except that Pierre made these encounters so hard, that he’s basically the one character who can stand a chance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom