Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SALAMANDER

The Red Knight

Erudite
When I try to use a custom map background in the module editor, after saving it and quitting the editor and reopening it, it turns from this:
i44tB3s.png

... to this:
SBIoEW7.png

Together with the map size changing from whatever I put in to 1984x1984.

Double-checked save permissions for the new module folder and made sure the image matches the dimensions of the map.

Lilliput McHammersmith

When I try to use a custom map background in the module editor, after saving it and quitting the editor and reopening it, it turns from this:
i44tB3s.png

... to this:
SBIoEW7.png

Double-checked save permissions for the new module folder and made sure the image matches the dimensions of the map.
Strange. I have not had the same experience at all. I was able to actually run through the short module I have made. What OS are you on?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
i44tB3s.png

... to this:
SBIoEW7.png

What're the specs on the module maker in this game? This format looks like it'd be perfect for pre-existing map maker programs.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tip: send Erzimon up the ladder after you find your items, it seems he was designed for that, he can cast remove fatigue (for the end of the climb you get exhausted) you can give him your cure wands for healing, use almost any magic scroll and he can spot the treasure at the south ( not to mention he is level 7... ), also he can use a frost wand you find there

The Red Knight

Erudite
What're the specs on the module maker in this game? This format looks like it'd be perfect for pre-existing map maker programs.

Tokens are 64x64, 128x128, 192x192 and 256x256; editor grid is 64x64. So it's like using parallax background mapping in rpg maker (make a map elsewhere, add it to the map file, then apply passability/feature tiles to it).

Edit: Huh, using a different filename from the default one saved the map together with the image, AND also added the image to the first file with the default name, BUT removed the NPCs from that one.
thinking.png

Xoanon44

Literate

I think you need to change the default map name from "New Map" to something else. I've just replicated the same problem on a new map when I left the default name.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Tokens are 64x64, 128x128, 192x192 and 256x256; editor grid is 64x64. So it's like using parallax background mapping in rpg maker (make a map elsewhere, add it to the map file, then apply passability/feature tiles to it).

Edit: Huh, using a different filename from the default one saved the map together with the image, AND also added the image to the first file with the default name, BUT removed the NPCs from that one.
thinking.png

So when we make maps in, say, Photoshop, should every tile on the map correspond to a 64x64 space?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Efreeti down, King left and I can join you chads outside.

What did you wish for? I got the +1 Fullplate and it seems good. It protects against crits.

The Red Knight

Erudite
So when we make maps in, say, Photoshop, should every tile on the map correspond to a 64x64 space?
You can make the map locations look natural (uneven shape of cave walls, circular tower interiors, etc.), just keep in mind that the party will travel on it on that 64x64 grid.

Example: Modules\Augury of Chaos\MapBackdrops\Frog-Cave-2.png
3lilkzc.png

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Killed the Hydra god with the arrow of slaying, but now there's a huge croc blocking the way back to the campfire, easy enough to kill with a sleep coup de grace, but then psi beetles spawn and then frogs spawn and then grey slimes spawn and then water elementals spawn and then more crocs spawn.

Have I mentioned that two people died in the last fight and we can't rest?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
You can make the map locations look natural (uneven shape of cave walls, circular tower interiors, etc.), just keep in mind that the party will travel on it on that 64x64 grid.

Yeah, just asked for the dimensions. Good to know. So 64x64 corresponds to one walkable tile space.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
I just wanted to say that "Augury" is an excellent word choice but "Chaos" is lol banalshitboring. I'm talking seriously. An "augury" is synonymous to an "omen," and "augury" is less used in vernacular. "Chaos," on the other hand, is probably the most used in its synonym pool.

Augury of Pandaemonium?

Augury of Brouhaha?
Augury of a clusterfuck?
Augury of a mess?

Oh that one is easy

Augury of bugs

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yeah, just asked for the dimensions. Good to know. So 64x64 corresponds to one walkable tile space.
Realms Beyond: JF's Revenge as a module in KotC2? It might be finished before the actual game that it is based on!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Goblin King: killed. This time it was easy. I approached from the northern side, had my psion cast energy wall (acid) on the northern passage to damage and pin the goblins and frogs there, had my wizard cast stinking cloud on the south passage (and it was big enough to cover the big scorpion too). The goblin king had already gone through the passage and stood within the cloud. He got nauseated. The scorpion managed to resist and grapple my gladiator, but the very next turn it got nauseated too. With most of the goblins gagging from the big fart unleashed by my wizard, it was only a matter of mopping up.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Encountered a bug with the coven, if you ask for a copy of summon large elemental (wizard) it doesn't show up in the inventory.

So don't ask for that one.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
KOTC 2 flowchat:

1. New encounter
  2. This is impossible
  3. Improve strategy and reload
  4. Still impossible
  5. Pray for luck, possibly reroll new party
  6. Finally beat impossible encounter
  7. GOTO 1
Maybe this game is something aliens made to find a worthy general for their armies in an intergalactic war?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom