Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Mortmal

Arcane
I got the golem battle in one try, lost my tanks though, good thing they handed out some true resurrection scrolls.
Hope you rezz in battle else they dont get that precious xp.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
GODDAMN FUCK

Pulled this fight off really well, none of my ladies down, only the lizard king left to kill, then he goes and slips on my grease and falls down into the water and his turn gets stuck there. Waited 3 minutes for anything to happen before I begrudgingly quit the encounter. Gotta do this one AGAIN

2.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Goblin King might be too much for me... he's summoning Vrocks in the surprise opening round and then Ettins and you start the fight in this awkward as fuck corridor...
God, I can't believe it just gets harder.

This isn't a videogame, it's performance art. Getting Over It, as an RPG.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Goblin King might be too much for me... he's summoning Vrocks in the surprise opening round and then Ettins and you start the fight in this awkward as fuck corridor...
God, I can't believe it just gets harder.

This isn't a videogame, it's performance art. Getting Over It, as an RPG.

Distract him by tossing up energy walls, webs, grease, and summons, he'll usually waste time dispelling them. If he does summon the vrock try and hit it with the Magebane.

I don't know how the hell I'm going to deal with this fight in the upper sewers, this is a case of needing the right scrolls from the crones and everyone winning the initiative. You know it's going to be a good battle when it opens with deep slumber, cone of cold, and fireballs on your party.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You have been surviving without him!?

King down, but it cost Sirocco as well as Greater Ice Storm...

Mortmal

Arcane
Important question: is getting the kobold mage worth it? He'd take a cut of that sweet experience, wouldn't he?
I think i did the fights a little bit faster but start chapter with char at level 7 to 8 . I havent attacked the hag yet since there's still that tome of the dead quest.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guys! Let me explain my experience with this game!

Sit for 2 hours, creating a party, sipping on my tea and having the time of my life. I'll show these codexers how things are done.

Start campaign. I'll smash this, my party is cool as fuck. Hey! I passed a check with my mantis! Go forward, my brave warriors! Meet a mysterious figure. Fail a check versus portcullis. Get surprise attacked. Get avatar hit by every single attack. Game over.

I didn't even get a move in, oh my lord.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I'd much rather a remake of the first game in this engine than this nightmare of a module. Are there any easy/normal encounters after the oubliette or is it all nightmare difficulty?

Mortmal

Arcane
I'd much rather a remake of the first game in this engine than this nightmare of a module. Are there any easy/normal encounters after the oubliette or is it all nightmare difficulty?
There's no easy normal encounters at all, although crypt was not too hard. Then it keeps getting worse and worse. Wont be surprised as well if you finish KOTC2 that some aliens will land and name you general for the upcoming galactic war.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
The Oubliette was the easy/normal encounters...
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. It's all somewhat reasonable until you beat the slimes. The nut kicks don't start until the sewers, but every fight I've seen in the sewers involves too much reloading.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
To save you time from killing the genie several times and check what exactly he offers:

Option 1 - 80000g
Option 2 - great sword +1 enchant, +1 AC, on crits drain 1d6 hp
Option 3 - rapier +2 enchant, +1 to attack roll, keen ( double crit chance ), +2 dexterity, +2 charisma, +1d6 acid damage
Option 4 - dagger +1 enchant, +1 to damage roll, humanoid bane (+2 to hit, +2d6 vs humanoid ), destruction +3d6 damage
Option 5 - Full plate, +1 enchant, adamantine/5 damage reduction, immunity to crits
Option 6 - Chainmail, +2 enchant, +5 hit points, immunity to flat foot, enemy that hit you take 1d4 electric damage
Option 7 - Heavy shield, +2 enchant, fire,cold and electric 10 damage reduction, +2 to reflex saves
Option 8 - longbow, +1 enchant, blind on hit (18 will DC), bleed ( 1 damage per round ), removes distance penalty, +2 dexterity
Option 9 - robes, 10 damage reduction, +20 hit points, +4 to concertation checks, +2 to intelligence, +2 to wisdom

The items are worth 72350 gold, they sell for ~30900g

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
How the fuck am I supposed to heal my party? Every time my cleric tries to cast a cure spell the game crashes.
You might need to start a new game. Sometimes, my game seems to crash on the same thing over and over, but I start a new game and that thing doesn't crash. A good example is using a potion of water breathing.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
How the fuck am I supposed to heal my party? Every time my cleric tries to cast a cure spell the game crashes.
When that happens, I just wait until I get to an encounter. Then I heal in combat. Or, if I finish the encounter, I heal afterwards. For some reason it doesn't crash for me when I do an encounter. Just make sure to save though.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Mass Blur sounds great on paper. 20% concealment, which apparently translates to -20% CtH for enemies, for the whole party, lasting until rest. I invite anyone to tell me why it is in fact completely useless, because I'm sure it is somehow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom