Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Look, my Mantis is equipped like a Dark Souls boss:

0c1a9ef51e67ab05b3e74feff6074d66.png

(Not the actual weapons I am using, just thought the idea of having 4 scythes was funny.)

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Man, I might just have to wait until I get some patches. It just keeps crashing. Meanwhile I think I might play Might & Magic 3 for the first time. Or Nethergate.

Play Dark Heart of Uukrul if you haven't played that.

I actually have played a little bit of that and I liked it A LOT! But it's hard for me to get past the whole no audio thing. I first played it on mute in a browser, but when I got it all ready to go, I was disappointed in the total lack of sound. I kind of wish that someone could take it and just add simple sound effects and music, it would make it so great!

Just put some good music on, leave it in a window and enjoy.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So what are your preferred psionic feats? Improved stomp, improved initiative, improved concertation, anything else that is a must?

The Red Knight

Erudite
Trying out square token shadows:
19fkJcT.png

RbyIxSo.png
WeykOCQ.png
UGTp20g.png

( Glow64x64.png | Glow64x64Filled.png | Selection64x64.png )

But I have no idea how to make the rotating selection highlight look good for squares so I'll leave it for Pierre to add some static square highlight option or something.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Trying out square token shadows:
19fkJcT.png

RbyIxSo.png
WeykOCQ.png
UGTp20g.png

( Glow64x64.png | Glow64x64Filled.png | Selection64x64.png )

But I have no idea how to make the rotating selection highlight look good for squares so I'll leave it for Pierre to add some static square highlight option or something.

I wonder if they looked at Heroes of Normandie at all for the way tokens and animation blend together. Normandie has the square tokens, but they sorta float around and eject shell casings and other little flashes that presumably didn't use much resources but add a nice flair to the game. Another is Trials of Fire, though it's still in early access.

Noddy

Augur
Oh god im a complete retard. I wasted hours on that fight and five minutes after getting out i've realised what Pierre wanted me to do all along.
AAAAHHHH

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So what are your preferred psionic feats? Improved stomp, improved initiative, improved concertation, anything else that is a must?
I haven't gotten too far, but I like Psionic Talent (+1 PP/lvl), which lets you cast a lot more stuff because even some 1 PP stuff is useful, like Grease, Stomp, and Entangling Ectoplasm (no save; entangled for four rounds). Energy Sculpting is nice for not hitting your dudes with whatever energy spells you like (Energy Cone, Energy Ball, etc.). Extended Range I, II, and III are always good. Psions can wear armor without messing up their powers, too, if that's your thing, so maybe an armor proficiency.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
Soooooooooo

For people who are sticking at it, are your opinions slowly shifting from "no fucking way this is remotely possible difficult" to "fucking hellhorse this is fucked up but maybe doable difficult"?

Already downloaded, waiting to have some blocks of time so I can fully dedicate to rolling parties then losing them to bugs

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
unknown.png

BTW: the water breathing potion was not supposed to be party wide. Fixed in 1.0.1
Entering the pool rarely crashes the game? I wonder what a frequent crash would be. All of these bugs being fixed would make doing the beginning of the game much smoother, though. He's moving right along.

Mortmal

Arcane
Soooooooooo

For people who are sticking at it, are your opinions slowly shifting from "no fucking way this is remotely possible difficult" to "fucking hellhorse this is fucked up but maybe doable difficult"?

Already downloaded, waiting to have some blocks of time so I can fully dedicate to rolling parties then losing them to bugs
This is fuckup maybe doable dififcult for chapter 1-2, no fucking way for chapter 3-4.

Mortmal

Arcane
unknown.png

BTW: the water breathing potion was not supposed to be party wide. Fixed in 1.0.1
Entering the pool rarely crashes the game? I wonder what a frequent crash would be. All of these bugs being fixed would make doing the beginning of the game much smoother, though. He's moving right along.
Only his friend tiaval on discord saying "rarely crash the game", the truth is crash every fucking way 90% of the time. But it's true it would make less fancy patch notes.

Noddy

Augur
Cleared the secret undead fight. Your reward for doing so is: another undead fight. This time with a Lich!

Think i'm getting bettered housewife syndrome cos i fucking love this game.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Playing the final final battle in KotC1.

You know what was good about Baldur's Gate? There was no "win the initiative roll or reload" bullshit.
I'm sure you guys agree.

KotC2 crashes on loading save so no "fun" for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom