Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
But not infinite gold. The economy in this game, as busted as it seems, is pretty good. You can make some critical enchantments and purchases, but if you overdo it you do run out easily.

Tweed
Did 27 SR cloaks on everyone make a noticeable difference for you?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Did 27 SR cloaks on everyone make a noticeable difference for you?

Yes, absolutely, saved me a lot of additional reloads and frustrations, if you want to enchant your armor it frees up a space for a different cloak like a white dragon mantle or the arachnine, but you definitely want SR III. Speaking of which hopefully Pierre will fix the problem with wizard SR overwriting item SR.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
On my 'minmaxed mega party' savegame, I have most of the Ch 3 cleared and LOTS of gold. You think it'd be a good idea to make everyone enchanted SR 27 armor?

So far, none of the armor I found was any good. Oh, sure, crit immunity is nice to have and saves a few reloads, but otherwise...

Guess I didn't think of armor since everyone is a caster or gladiator.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
On my 'minmaxed mega party' savegame, I have most of the Ch 3 cleared and LOTS of gold. You think it'd be a good idea to make everyone enchanted SR 27 armor?

So far, none of the armor I found was any good. Oh, sure, crit immunity is nice to have and saves a few reloads, but otherwise...

You can put it on robes

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron

I would, but your mileage might vary, if not SR then I would fudge for as many elemental resistances as possible since the outside the gate will throw everything in the book at you.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
There is a psionic power that is supposed to give everyone SR as a free action. I figured this might be a good alternative to getting the items but it is bugged and it cost a standard action.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Tower of Iron Will, it doesn't stack with any other form of SR so it ended up being completely useless. Even if you don't enchant any armor you'll still find a few pieces of good SR including one mantle, just not enough to cover the whole party unless you buy some from the merchants or enchant.

Cleared the crypt and fire cave with a level 3 party, bumped everyone up 1 and now I'm trying to do the green goblins solo, but I might need to level again. As expected both my psions now have energy cone and can ruin entire swaths of enemies by themselves.

Augury of Chaos: Limbo Edition, how low can you go?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Man, who the hell did you take up to clear fire cave at level 3? I just tried wizard + glad but salamander encounter crushed them. Think I'll retry with the fighter for the extra hp.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
FYI, moved the saves folder to OneDrive and made a directory symlink on my laptop and PC. Useful for me as I switch from laptop to PC fairly frequently. Cloud saves work fine.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Gladiator and wizard, Gladiator to kill the fire snakes and then hit the salamander, wizard to burn the confusion scroll and ice dmg scrolls and wand that are in the chest. Took about a dozen or so reloads because you've got to hit them both with confuse and keep the salamander from butchering your tank on a lucky shot. What you're waiting for is the fire elemental to lighten up the salamander a bit before he comes for you.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Solo goblin down, everyone was level 5, had to burn a few scrolls though. Somehow I don't think I can do King Empowered Party Wipe with level 5s.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
So this game is early access right? I know it's not on steam yet but in terms of where it is on the roadmap. They still have tokens when the KS page shows sprites and the KS says estimated delivery date is Jan 2022.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Gladiator and wizard, Gladiator to kill the fire snakes and then hit the salamander, wizard to burn the confusion scroll and ice dmg scrolls and wand that are in the chest. Took about a dozen or so reloads because you've got to hit them both with confuse and keep the salamander from butchering your tank on a lucky shot. What you're waiting for is the fire elemental to lighten up the salamander a bit before he comes for you.
Oh well, that was exactly what I did, but decided I must have been wrong after only one try. As if that were possible, ha.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
So, the caster playthrough is going suprisingly well, running 1 sorc and 5 warlocks.
Cleared act 1 but my ocd activated in a bad way since i didnt clear all fights, so i restarted with the same party again, now the fights are going much faster.
Any special advice for the shark druid fight? Electricity spells work nicely but then i dont have aoe for the boss fight.
Atm summon skeleton is much better than summon elemental as lvl 1 spells, seems elemental summon is bugged, only spawns lvl 1 summons.

As for feats, is die hard mandatory?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
So, the caster playthrough is going suprisingly well, running 1 sorc and 5 warlocks.
Cleared act 1 but my ocd activated in a bad way since i didnt clear all fights, so i restarted with the same party again, now the fights are going much faster.
Any special advice for the shark druid fight? Electricity spells work nicely but then i dont have aoe for the boss fight.
Atm summon skeleton is much better than summon elemental as lvl 1 spells, seems elemental summon is bugged, only spawns lvl 1 summons.

As for feats, is die hard mandatory?

Near as I can figure that fight is just a slugfest, took me a lot of tries. You have to hope you don't get quicksanded or ensared and take out his goons while he wastes his spells.

Your big problem is going to be when you start running up against enemies with insane levels of SR, reduce SR doesn't stack.

Tigranes

Arcane
What are some of the go-to spells / skills that tends to work well for you?

I've been going to Trip & Stomp as per Jasede's tips, and trying a bunch of other stuff, but highly limited rests & limited prebuffing seems to encourage using your PPs/spell slots for big-hitting spells? E.g. no point piddling about with magic missile damage.

Feel like the party's now in a lull where they really need access to Web, etc. to start managing the battlefield - in the Tombs currently at level 3, can go to 4 but haven't yet and I may not have gold.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Stinking Cloud. Sleep. Deep Slumber. Confusion. Web. Grease. Permanent Grease. Durable Web. Energy Cone. Energy Wave. The second circle Psion stun whose name escapes me. Dispel Magic. Energy Wall. Haste. Slow. Holy Smite. Anything that trips: Earthquake, Tornado, Stomp, Sirocco, Greater Stomp, Gust of Wind. Any non-elemental summon spells. Finger of Death. Ice Storm. Flamestrike.

Iluvcheezcake
My first party had Die Hard on everyone. It was mildly helpful. My better parties don't have it.

Everyone should have Improved Initiative, 14 Dex and Lightning Reflexes. The other saves feats are also worth taking.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, I just really need second level mage spells to get a power level jump. Trying out Energy Stun to see if it hits reliably enough, esp. with the feat. But really, the name of the game seems quite similar to KOTC - disable like your life depends on it, because otherwise you're dead next turn.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Oh no, it's nothing like 1. I don't remember reloading like this in 1. I'm pretty sure the whole game was nice and chill.

2 is like Navy Seal BUD/S boot camp.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Something I learned from the Discord:

Grapple is way better than I thought. I used to just Trip all the time, and Trip is really, really good. But the Half-Giant can grapple just as well, and while trip is great against most enemies, against single enemies that can cast spells or enemies that brutalize you in melee, Grapple can make them completely useless. Use Trip for AoO and to trigger many melee attacks, use Grapple when you need to disable a single powerful mage or enemy.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Any non-elemental summon spells.

Summon elemental is not bugged. It does not summon a level 1 elemental and it is a good spell to pick.

You sure? On lvl 3 it keeps summoning elementals with 4 hp and lvl1. Talking about v1.0

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom