Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Here's what the tutorial dungeon looks like, if you're curious:

The level is pretty fun to play. Dialogue is pretty hard to read through. This in particular made me wince in pain.
QNOc2pE.png
It could have been better...

Mortmal

Arcane
Seems like he's really gone head over heels with isometric.
Could be worse i almost expected to see a boob slider when seeing the 3D models, almost....

Well ...that's all nice and dandy to see pierre having fun redesigning the game from scratch,spending time on cosmetics instead of just replacing fugly tokens with better token art. It doesnt look half bad however i remember seeing "KotC 2 + Three Adventure Modules" in my pledge ,i paid good money for it .
So when the fuck is he going to start working on this ?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Could be worse i almost expected to see a boob slider when seeing the 3D models, almost....

Well ...that's all nice and dandy to see pierre having fun redesigning the game from scratch,spending time on cosmetics instead of just replacing fugly tokens with better token art. It doesnt look half bad however i remember seeing "KotC 2 + Three Adventure Modules" in my pledge ,i paid good money for it .

Very good question considering how much revision and work has already gone into trying to balance Augury and it's not done.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I get that he needed to rework Augury before release or else it's going to get completely shredded by normies. You can count the number of people who finished 1.0/1.1 on two hands, but the cosmetics can wait.

Mortmal

Arcane
I get that he needed to rework Augury before release or else it's going to get completely shredded by normies. You can count the number of people who finished 1.0/1.1 on two hands, but the cosmetics can wait.

Yes even games like pathfinder get 7.6% completion rate,according what i read on my steam page, can be obtained on any dififculty, and its not nearly as hard even on higher difficulties . I suspect kotc2 on steam will have 0.1% completion from rpg enthusiasts, and indeed completely shredded by normies, i am not joking at all.

Reworking everything that seems completely absurd batshit crazy very coherent with pierre's usual behavior , buying some artist license and just replacing tokens should not cost so much . And get to work asap on something i paid for.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It could get some recognition, even sales. Maybe it's naive, but in 2009 KotC was visually too far away from "rpgs" like Mass Effect, and the indie scene wasn't normalized yet. Hence its extreme obscurity. Nowadays people are more forgiving of non AAA presentation and can stomach more with the promise of good gameplay.

It has to be playable though. I don't know if it is, I have not played it. I backed it, but I think I'll wait for the release+patches before I dive in.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
owadays people are more forgiving of non AAA presentation and can stomach more with the promise of good gameplay.

Because after a lot of AWFUL AAA RPG's, like Failout 4/76, Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda and so on, indies got a lot of relevance.

Mortmal

Arcane
It could get some recognition, even sales. Maybe it's naive, but in 2009 KotC was visually too far away from "rpgs" like Mass Effect, and the indie scene wasn't normalized yet. Hence its extreme obscurity. Nowadays people are more forgiving of non AAA presentation and can stomach more with the promise of good gameplay.

It has to be playable though. I don't know if it is, I have not played it. I backed it, but I think I'll wait for the release+patches before I dive in.
More forgiving ? Look at solasta , read reddit, or even the codex its not looking good enough for the mainstream, despite looking fantastic to me. Only a very small crowd of gamer enthusiasts are forviging enough for a game that look like solasta, the crowd shrink drastically for something looking like KOTC2 even with the revamp.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

But did you actually ever expect to get what you paid for? I'm still surprised that I got anything.

Mortmal

Arcane

But did you actually ever expect to get what you paid for? I'm still surprised that I got anything.
Yes i am expecting to get what i paid for , we've seen more ambitious stuff succeeding on kickstarter, delivering more than expected, best exemple being solasta and kingmaker, but there's many more. Seems i am the only one worried , the few guys still answering on discord are happy as expected, i am not .He's spending time on useless stuff, cause no this wont look as good as TOE , and nowhere near the graphic level entry for mainstream.Tried the character creation it doesnt cover nearly enough stuff , no way to get a centaur or mantis model. Whats the point then ? A mitch match garbage of 3D models, 2D sprites , fugly tokens ?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
At first glance the tokens are ugly, but I adjusted to them and I find them to be fine. While isometric is cool and all it's still not going to win that many people over for what's a hardcore tactical combat rpg, it can wait. The tabletop module appearance works and it's simple. I'm more interested in the new modules at this point and I have a morbid curiosity for what Pierre is going to do for an encore after the rapefest that was Augury.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Look. This is pretty nice! You can now call upon the forces of good to support you in this fight.
I don't think I need it though. With level advantage you get from new prologue it should be easy to do the fight.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If the game is easily moddable, which campaign should I make?

A ) You play as a glantri nobleman in a campaign all about doing experiments on drunk manlets, killing then and reanimating then to serve as undead slaves

B ) You play as a dark lord on the realms of dread, with a nasty curse

C ) Magocracy VS Teocracy ethernal conflict.

D ) Test of the warlords style "tame the wilderness"

E ) Harsh survival setting in a freezing world.

F ) Naval heavy campaiogn.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
If the game is easily moddable, which campaign should I make?

A ) You play as a glantri nobleman in a campaign all about doing experiments on drunk manlets, killing then and reanimating then to serve as undead slaves

B ) You play as a dark lord on the realms of dread, with a nasty curse

C ) Magocracy VS Teocracy ethernal conflict.

D ) Test of the warlords style "tame the wilderness"

E ) Harsh survival setting in a freezing world.

F ) Naval heavy campaiogn.

Z) Kobolds conquer the world.

Sacibengala

Prophet
There's a LOT of great modules for ttrpg to draw inspiration from. The OSR stuff is a sight to behold. Megadungeons included.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom