Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Repressed Homosexual
KoTC means a lot to me because when the game was released, I had terrible, horrible dry eyes that I was not able to fix. They were so painful that I couldn't read for very long and thought I would fail my University semester. This was a very discouraging time to say the least. Playing video games, with constant motion, would trigger too much pain and was out of the question.

KoTC was an exception because there was almost no motion on screen. I finally completed it right around the end of my last semester. I still think to this day that it gave me courage to continue on and that it helped me be still motivated to study. For some of the required reading, I managed to find audio versions of the same books to digest all the content without too much strain. All in all, although on that semester my grades were terrible, I managed to pass every course and successfully graduated.

And later that year I found the source of the issue and considerably reduced the symptoms. I still have dry eye to this day, but to a much more manageable level that allows me to live a normal life.

Consider my contribution to the Kickstarter guaranteed.

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
KoTC means a lot to me because when the game was released, I had terrible, horrible dry eyes that I was not able to fix. They were so painful that I couldn't read for very long and thought I would fail my University semester. This was a very discouraging time to say the least. Playing video games, with constant motion, would trigger too much pain and was out of the question.

KoTC was an exception because there was almost no motion on screen. I finally completed it right around the end of my last semester. I still think to this day that it gave me courage to continue on and that it helped me be still motivated to study. For some of the required reading, I managed to find audio versions of the same books to digest all the content without too much strain. All in all, although on that semester my grades were terrible, I managed to pass every course and successfully graduated.

And later that year I found the source of the issue and considerably reduced the symptoms. I still have dry eye to this day, but to a much more manageable level that allows me to live a normal life.

Are you trying to say it would take a blind man to enjoy his game? Kind of harsh

Repressed Homosexual

Are you trying to say it would take a blind man to enjoy his game? Kind of harsh

I miss the sprites too but I really don't get all the complaining.

Anyone who played the game knows that the only thing that mattered in it was the brilliantly recreated D&D tactical combat, that was still extremely easy to pick up and play.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm surprised at the amount of graphic whoring in this thread. The first game delivered superb tactical combat, and that's all I really want out of the second game.

Grimlorn

Arcane
EYYvFwQUYAAJvMc

Did anyone ever figure out this puzzle?

Ladonna

Arcane
This is going to be a great game. I can already see so many modules being remade using this toolset too. Fuck the graphics whore retards.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
And later that year I found the source of the issue and considerably reduced the symptoms.
A conspicuous lack of blinking?

EYYvFwQUYAAJvMc

Did anyone ever figure out this puzzle?
The lack of a proper reference is making it quite hard, I'm getting a couple of different outcomes and am finding it hard to call the shots as to which might be the right one.

One recommendation: pay attention to the second word.
And if anyone wants some direction, I'll tell you that of all my guesses the one I like the most makes a phrase related to:
EDITED as I made a mistake on my first interpretation. It is related to the title of the game

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
All I can say is that one of the goals of the KS is to improve the game's graphics. I will select one or several graphic designers based on backer input.
Now thats going in a good direction BlueSalamander , its indeed for the best to have a vote from backers, or come here , remember the codex is always there to help.I know we cant expect top tier 2D art on a budget, but there must be a middle ground , willing artists on deviant art, and a way to avoid another industrial accident.
And help we can provide, i've designed a little exercise to fight your phobia for good art , its well know by therapists, you alternate pics of the phobia with reassuring pics so the patient adapt himself. So have a look at the first pic, breath, then scroll to the second .

pommes_de_terre_Fotolia_8200249_XS.jpg

f33d871f964d4421387ae4d0833abad9.jpg

OK . then next.. OMG he's having a seizure, we are loosing him ! Look at me in the eyes pierre , think of the roots,think of those juicy healing roots , focus !

istock_000014913560_fulljpg.jpg

Breath pierre breath!
0710725d39d0a2672848e108beeab56f.jpg

Scroll down , good, you are getting there!

hqdefault.jpg

ok more tame
ea261530b411cb7d28ac19d9d2a91295.jpg

44484.jpg

Ok that should be enough for today session !

Ladonna

Arcane
Are the maps going to be straight 2D? Or will they have 3D layers for higher/lower floors?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
AdolfSatan link what you like that might help.
No point to it, Pierre's been quite clear about his intentions and I actually do find it commendable that he's focusing on the stuff that matters the most first. We're just beating a dead horse here, either the ks reaches the necessary amount to outsource the art or modding will take care of it in time.

Rpguy why the what rating? Did I fail to make myself clear or have you arrived at an wildly different solution for the puzzle?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Ok, let me clarify: Look at the second word, it has 8 characters, 3 repeated. That should narrow the possibilities down a bit.
What confuses me is the shields at both sides, I don't understand whether they serve a funcion or are merely decorative.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, let me clarify: Look at the second word, it has 8 characters, 3 repeated. That should narrow the possibilities down a bit.
What confuses me is the shields at both sides, I don't understand whether they serve a funcion or are merely decorative.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems far fetched to solve a riddle of this type ( if it is indeed just letter switching like puzzle#4 ) with only 3 words, there are simply too many options. So far each puzzle was different, would he make 2 of the same in a row? maybe...

Grimlorn

Arcane
Yeah I thought the shields had something to do with it since one on the left doesn't have dots and the one on the right does. The symbols are all shapes that would go into the symbol on the shield as well. I had some ideas but nothing matched up. Even thought it might have something to do with Morse code for a second, but didn't match up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom