Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pierre any word from gog since their last email?
Yes, I'm talking with GOG. I have to go through the process. I will do it after the campaign.

If it's that much work, maybe consider whether it's possible to at least put the (excellent) demo on GOG during the campaign, extra awareness wouldn't hurt.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
According to Infinitron need DarkUnderlord if we want a campaign. It would be nice to consider this now as the KS launches May 27 and some members would rather pledge through a codex campaign than not. I can't think of a better candidate personally, but it's indie, not AA/AAA so we'll see.

These would be fun:

1. Pledge £4,108 or more
    Archmage
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE AN ENEMY ADVENTURING PARTY. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. Help us design a fiendish enemy adventuring party or monster group that will confront the player’s party in one of the three new modules. We will send you six character / creature sheets for you to fill out. You can provide suggestions on the equipment and combat AI of the enemies (what spells will they cast, will anyone run away). You can provide suggestions on how and where the player should get ambushed and details of the associated map, quest and supporting monsters. Includes one new map and new sprites and tokens based on art / pictures / descriptions you provide. Also, a ranking of the five largest contributors will be displayed at the top of the in-game Credits of the three new modules, displaying each contributor's name or nickname and country of origin.

Includes
    • New in-game adventure map
    • New in-game sprites and tokens
    Estimated deliveryMay 2023
    Limited (3 left of 3)0 backers

or this one

Pledge £8,000
Supreme Archmage
Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE A RECURRING VILLAIN. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. Help us create an important villain who will appear in all of the three new modules. We will give life to that villain and his lieutenants using the ideas you submit to us (within reason). We will send you six character/creature sheets for you to fill out. You can provide suggestions on the dialogue, equipment and combat AI of the enemies (what spells will they cast, will anyone run away, who survives). You can suggest how and where the player should get ambushed and details of the associated maps, quests and supporting monsters. Includes three new maps as well as new sprites and tokens. Your name will appear at the top of the in-game Credits, dear Supreme Archmage. I am but your humble, grovelling servant. Yours will be a glorrrious victory... Oh no! Not the Greater Disintegration ray! Pleeease!! Arghh!

ralphonzo

Novice
Yeah, that'd be just great. Everyone chip in on Archmage/Supreme Archmage so the Codex can alter the mood of the campaign and make it fucking stupid with a meme-riddled enemy adventuring party/recurring villain. Who cares about the original vision? More money for Pierre!

Yes, I'm still pissed about the Golden Plate NPCs in Pillars of Eternity.

Or maybe I actually want to see this happen and am just trying to get Codex to raise funds in the interest of trolling artfags like me.

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
Launching in one hour only! :)

Today, there will be a video on KotC 2 Bull Rush tactics and a Kickstarter update about my RPG design philosophy. Cheers! :cool:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
200.gif

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
Knights of the Chalice convinced me how good turn based RPG's can be with the Dungeons and Dragons ruleset. As brilliant as Baldur's Gate is, Dnd was never made for real-time combat. Knights of the Chalice nails it and is a pleasure to play.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh hell yeah he's gonna spam updates:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2847183

Update #1: Bull Rush Tactics video!

Thank you everyone for a great campaign start!

I have just uploaded the first video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign. The first video presents the most common uses of the Bull Rush combat manoeuvre in KotC 2. There are additional uses associated with altitude levels. From a sailing ship, you can use Bull Rush to throw enemies overboard. Enemies standing atop castle towers can be pushed off the battlements. Finally, enemies can be sent tumbling down stairways. The link on Youtube is: https://youtu.be/CAIyQgytNig

Tomorrow I will post the video about KotC 2 Character Classes.

In a short while, I will post another update here about my RPG design philosophy! :)

Cheers everyone! Spread the word far and wide, my dear Knights, Champions and Wizards, that Ye be Rewarded a Hundredfold! :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dear RPG lovers, developers, influencers, video game news providers and close friends,

The time has come to cast your most powerful spells!!

The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter fundraising campaign has now been launched, so I'm sending you an email just to keep you updated. Here is the link to the live campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs. The first adventure, Augury of Chaos, and the module and campaign editor for Windows and Mac OS will be released to backers as soon as the campaign ends.

Let's have a great campaign so that KotC 2 can become an even better game and to ensure that many more exciting OGL 3.5 adventures will be made!

I have just uploaded the first video in support of the KotC 2 Kickstarter campaign. You can watch it at https://youtu.be/CAIyQgytNig. The first video presents the most common uses of the Bull Rush combat manoeuvre in KotC 2. There are additional uses associated with altitude levels. From a sailing ship, you can use Bull Rush to throw enemies overboard. Enemies standing atop castle towers can be pushed off the battlements. Finally, enemies can be sent tumbling down stairways.

Knights of the Chalice 2 is a party-based computer role-playing game with turn-based combat. KotC 2 is inspired by Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Temple of Elemental Evil and Planescape: Torment. Just like KotC 1, KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5.

The Kickstarter campaign will support the creation of at least three new KotC 2 adventure modules: The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos and Heart of Evil. The campaign will also be used to improve the game's graphics and facilitate the addition of new character classes and other features.

In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons. Blast your enemies with more than 700 spells, bull-rush them into spike pits, trick them with your superior guile, or crush them with your enchanted greatsword! See them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women, as your valiant party progresses all the way from level 1 to level 21.

Following the Kickstarter, the game is planned to be released on the developer's website, http://www.heroicfantasygames.com, and on Steam after a relatively short period dedicated to the improvement of the game. A Reddit Ask Me Anything session is planned at r/Games on 11 June from 8 am Central time (3 pm Paris time).

If you like the project, please share this message with your friends and social networks! Thank you so much everyone for supporting this project that I am so passionate about!

PS. I would like to give special thanks to Matt Barton, the creator of the Matt Chat series on Youtube, for the kind support he's provided. You can check out his Youtube channel at http://youtube.com/blacklily8.

PS 2. I would also like to give special thanks to Roman Hodek for his support through the years and the awesome artwork he's provided for KotC 2. You can have a look at Roman's artwork at https://romanhodek.blogspot.com/.

PS 3. I would also like to give special thanks to Manuel Marino for the great support he's provided and the awesome music he's composed for KotC 2. You can listen to and purchase Manuel's epic music at https://www.fiverr.com/manuelmarino/create-an-impressive-hollywood-quality-orchestral-score.

PS 4. I would also like to give special thanks to Double Hilt Studios for the kind support and splendid music provided for KotC 2. You can check out their website at http://www.doublehilt.com/.

Main Features of Knights of the Chalice 2:

• Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
  • A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
  • Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
  • More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments. Click here for more information about the Classes, Feats and other topics.
  • With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and armour and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list).
  • Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
  • Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
  • KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
  • Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best adventure modules may also generate an income stream for you.
  • Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learned by a character.
Cheers! Best regards everyone! :)

Pierre Begue (enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com)
HeroicFantasyGames.Com KotC 1 Features KotC 1 Screenshots
Steam Page Facebook Page Twitter Profile Youtube Channel
KotC 2 Features KotC 2 Screenshots Kickstarter Page KS FAQ Instagram

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom