Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought you wielded a huegpenis...
I guess in the end, your Psion's PP was too small.

Mortmal

Arcane
Any 6 man rpg will be made up of 2 melee/2 casters and a dedicated healer, don’t see anything outrageous about that
8 man rpg , 6 casters 2 melee . 3/4 of the classes and races not worth looking at , its a bit outrageous.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Par the course for min-maxing. Is race really that significant? Tweed beat the game with kobold meme team....
Humans get two bonus feats and mantis attack at a rate that is unachievable by any other race. Maybe other races have hidden benefits, but I can't see myself using a centaur for his pitiful damage bonus during a charge or an half-salamander for 1d6 fire damage.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The min-maxing thing is a bit of a red herring anyway. If you HAVE to win initiative and certain enemies CANNOT be allowed to act, ever, min-maxing is just expediting the process of savescumming through encounters. The real issue is that the 3.5 system doesn't have the capacity to make initiative-rolling engaging because initiative-rolling is not designed to be anywhere near this important.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It really does have to be an elf, my wizard with 20 int still couldn't find two of them.
The difficult is 22. your int needs to be 22 or higher. Elves get +2 bonus so 20 is enough.

Rogues get +4 so an elven rogue can find it with 16 int.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And basically only an Elf with 20 INT can pass the Search checks.... including the one in the first room of the game, that has DC 22! For a Lv 1 party! :D
Are those search checks worth it? I'm playing with an human wizard and I don't really know what I am missing out on.
In the first map you'll get 200 gold coins, a +1 holy short sword and 200XP for each check.

What's weird is that the checks in the second map are easier.... with DC 20 you can get two weapons, an armor and tools in that alcove before the giant centipedes. Considering that you're naked and unarmed at that point, I guess DC 20 was Pierre being a benevolent god.

Latro

Arcane
Par the course for min-maxing. Is race really that significant? Tweed beat the game with kobold meme team....
Humans get two bonus feats and mantis attack at a rate that is unachievable by any other race. Maybe other races have hidden benefits, but I can't see myself using a centaur for his pitiful damage bonus during a charge or an half-salamander for 1d6 fire damage.

You forget speed. Centaurs have the highest mobility for their size, and keeping spread out to avoid AOE spells or running over to smack a mage is pretty important.

My point is that Pierre did not break any cardinal rules of 6 man party composition. Only big difference is clerics/bishop want to summon as much as they heal, and the final traditional rogue spot can go to bard/mage knight or some other caster.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
202007181529361.jpg

never have i felt so rewarded after a tough fight

also what the fuck nigga sharkman gets caught in (his own) quicksand, and on next turn he manages to cast TWO SPELLS in one turn anyway?!?

This game is just fucking bullshit.

Daidre

Arcane
also what the fuck nigga sharkman gets caught in (his own) quicksand, and on next turn he manages to cast TWO SPELLS in one turn anyway?!?
I just started playing but low level Druid is amazing. He can cast animal Summon as move action and Quicksand as standard in the same round. And with his Nature checks already gave surprise round twice on the first map.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I just started playing but low level Druid is amazing. He can cast animal Summon as move action and Quicksand as standard in the same round. And with his Nature checks already gave surprise round twice on the first map.
Entangle, Summon Wolf, Summon Crocodile and Quicksand are amazing. He can also cast some protection spells as a move action and that comes in handy sometimes.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You know, I can live with reloading an encounter that outlevels, outguns and outnumbers me for 100 times until I get the perfect starting conditions. I can really live with a lot of shit. But the fact that this fucking game has paid level-ups is quite possibly the most aggravating, insulting and offensive shit I've seen since Original Sin 2's retarded initiative round robin. Wow, I defeated a lot of nasty things and can now level up! There's even a campfire here to get me sum new spells and shit!

Well except for the fact that I don't have the gold to level up the dudes that I can get up to 4, and in fact half my party is still level 2 because I don't have the cash to get those sad fucks up to 3. This is plain and simply stupid. This isn't challenging or difficult, it's straight up unfair.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Entangle, Summon Wolf, Summon Crocodile and Quicksand are amazing. He can also cast some protection spells as a move action and that comes in handy sometimes.
Don't forget Longstrider spell for a permanent +10 to speed.

Mortmal

Arcane
You know, I can live with reloading an encounter that outlevels, outguns and outnumbers me for 100 times until I get the perfect starting conditions. I can really live with a lot of shit. But the fact that this fucking game has paid level-ups is quite possibly the most aggravating, insulting and offensive shit I've seen since Original Sin 2's retarded initiative round robin. Wow, I defeated a lot of nasty things and can now level up! There's even a campfire here to get me sum new spells and shit!

Well except for the fact that I don't have the gold to level up the dudes that I can get up to 4, and in fact half my party is still level 2 because I don't have the cash to get those sad fucks up to 3. This is plain and simply stupid. This isn't challenging or difficult, it's straight up unfair.
Seeing how you rage for this , i highly recomend you to keep going on, there's wonders to be seen . Wonders only a few chosen codexers were allowed to behold.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Maybe it's my inner masochist talking, but I don't have any problem with the "pay to level up" mechanic. It forces you to think twice about spending money on merchants' stuff and everything that forces me to make a decision is a welcomed addition.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
yes it makes me think twice about spending money on merchants when i have no money and there are also no merchants in sight

cruelio

Savant
yes it makes me think twice about spending money on merchants when i have no money and there are also no merchants in sight
If don't fight the rat people they give you a magic item you can sell right back to them to afford leveling all your guys to 3. Their leader guy is a merchant.

Latro

Arcane
if you didn't have to spend money on level up you could probably just enchant yourself to high SR and trivialize the module pretty quickly. however, enchanting is reliant on gems, so I guess Pierre could re-balance items if he ever decided to make it optional.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
DID SOMEONE SAY RAT PEOPLE

SORRY MY LEVEL 2 SCRUBLORDS ARE TOO BUSY GETTING WRECKED BY A LEVEL 10 MINOTAUR MAGE

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pierre "CR is more like a suggestion" Baguette

If you skip the mage with high strength, a Half-Giant or a search check you'll really feel the missing XP, too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom