Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Trailer released

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Heroic Fantasy Games; Knights of the Chalice 2

In anticipation of the soon-to-come Kickstarter campaign for The Dark Arena module of Knights of the Chalice 2, Pierre Begue has released a trailer showing gameplay from the Augury of Chaos module, which is already finished and will be a backer reward:

Tigranes

Arcane
Even a Dark Overlord cleverly disguised as a crazy French developer needs to read off his notes pasted above the webcam every few seconds

Taurist

Scholar
Blew all the budget in VA work it seems. Will any kickstarter crpg avoid this fate?

Deleted Member 22431

rating_prestigious.png

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the art style is a decline from KOTC 1.

It is. The developer admitted it himself. I have to say the game does not look graphically appealing at all, and will probably lose some customers because of that. I find the lack of melee animations and the inability to differentiate between player characters and monsters really frustrating.

But hey I have waited for this game for a long time, in the end gameplay is more important to me than the above and I am going to support, buy and play it for sure.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
People can sperg whatever the fuck they want about the tokens, but this really looks great. That hostage situation with the options at ~2:00 (including the troll-teleport) already shows that it's gonna be much more than KotC 1.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Some unexpected Dark Disciples vibes, I don't mind that, but if puzzles and other non-combat activities become important, I then also expect some better character customization optiones (some new classes at the very least), since the first game barely qualifies as an RPG.

Still, I believe in Pierre.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I then also expect some better character customization optiones (some new classes at the very least),
Barbarian, Bard, Bishop, Champion, Cleric, Death Knight, Druid, Fighter, Gladiator, Mage Knight, Monk, Paladin, Psionicist, Psychic Healer, Psychic Warrior, Ranger, Rogue, Samurai, Sorcerer, Storm Warrior, Warlock, Wizard are the available classes.

Mortmal

Arcane
Mechanically everything is done right, trailer gameplay is impressive, something i'd like to play. If first Kickstarter goal is replace all the art, ill certainly back it.

I can't imagine anyone who wasn't already *adamant* about buying this thing watching the trailer and coming out of it as "Woah, looks dope! My excitement is through the roof! Nothing gets me more hyped than five minutes of circles with numbers on top, an UI made with Microsoft Paint and midi-quality sound effects".

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
People can sperg whatever the fuck they want about the tokens

Please stop misrepresenting the issue, these UI elements have nothing to do with the tokens and they're absolutely repugnant:

What can I say?

My excitement is through the roof! Nothing gets me more hyped than five minutes of circles with numbers on top, an UI made with Microsoft Paint and midi-quality sound effects.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Would you be interested in buying an used car or a piece of property DR? I have a few "fixer-uppers" with great potential!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom